Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself to the class?

Member ID
    CZCC-800

Smile Introduce yourself to the class?

Hi Everyone!
    Seems in the past year or so, a bunch of us on the 240z list gave a brief bio., so we all were more familiar with one another.
    Anyone wanna join in? Here's me:

Jeremiah Axtell, 33yo pharmacist in Nunda (western) New York.
    Married, 4 kids. own 2 Z's, a 73 and a 74, and am always looking to add to my collection! Have owned a Z since 1993, having wanted one since i was about 7 years old.

Well, that's enough off the top of my head- feel free to share whatever you like...Zya

Member ID
    CZCC-1589

Good idea, nice to update once in awhile! My name is Paul (no i am not an alcoholic) and I work in QA-Microbiology in California. I have 1 Z (74 260) 2 kids and several wifes (o.k. maybe not). I will AutoX this Z and will buy another down the line. I live in Santa Rosa, Ca. (northern ca.) and love the warm weather that we get here!
    Zlish
    If it ain't a Z, it ain't...............

Member ID
    CZCC-1665

I'm Frank, 33 with an 8 month old girl. Work in the financial research industry.

Had a '70 240z years (and years) ago. Wrecked when an unlicensed driver made a left turn in front of me.

Had a '91 240sx that was later traded in for a '90 Twin Turbo. Love that car. My dad has it now and we are thinking of selling it.

Working on finding a 240z again to Autocross and take to some track outings here in California and Nevada. By the way I live in Central California.

Hey, Zlish, maybe I'll see you out there soon!

"and then the twin turbos kicked in..."

'90 300zx twin turbo - pearl white, black interior, chrome factory wheels. - May be for sale soon -

Looking for a 240z...

Member ID
    CZCC-1614

Talking

Hi. My name is Guy, 33, no child, one cat and I'm from Montreal Canada.

I'm an ex geography teacher recycled in ballistic training for FORENSIC TECHNOLOGY INC. of Montreal www.fti-ibis.com

I'm on my way to have my first 240Z 1972 and I own a Sentra Se2001.

Do not like cold weather, was born at the wrong plce, stuck in Mtl cos my GF will lost her insurance job if we move...

Waiting desperately for srping and summer to come!
    C:\Ancien Disque Dur\Albums photos\Autos Divers\240Z Guy 2008\10.jpg240Z..

FAST & CHEAP = NOT GOOD
    CHEAP & GOOD = NOT FAST
    FAST & GOOD = NOT CHEAP

Member ID
    CZCC-1499

Might as well let people know who the "the mouth of the south" is.

My name is Keith. I just hit the big 4-0, never been married, no kids (yes, I'm quite sure of that) and have one very spoiled Sussex Spaniel as my favorite companion.

I bought my first Z-car about 1982 or 83 (a while ago), it was a 73 240 that I sold to a friend of mine who raced it in ITS will he totalled it. I bought his wife's old 1975 280 in 87 and started racing it in ITS in 89. I retired the car in 94 when my father was diagnosed with cancer and haven't raced since he passed away in 95.

He always said I had too d--n many Z's around here so hence my username.

Right now I have a 1971 series 1 that I am restoring, and I still have my old 280 sitting here. I also have a 72 240 ITS car (wrecked, but may be fixable) and a 72 240 parts car. I think I still have an old 76 280 out in the woods behind a friends house I bought for parts too. So I guess that means I have had 8 Z-cars total and still have 5, more or less.

I drive tractor trailer for a US mail contractor, and have driven in 39 states and 2 provinces of Canada in the last 18 years. My daily driver is a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500. What else would a truck driver have but a diesel?

Member ID
    CZCC-1433

Hi! My name is Dale. I am 37 and the Stepfather to three kids (All out of the house now) I own a retail plastic model shop in Santa Rosa, CA .
    I am on my third '73 240z if you count the one I learned to drive on. Just got this green one in Dec. I know most everyone thinks the '73 carbs are junk, but I have had no problem with mine and even whipped a few local Z's with my last stock '73. I am thinking of getting another 240Z for my daughter. Currently trying to keep my '64 Ford Galaxie from spewing oil all over the ground.

-Dale-

Member ID
    CZCC-1589

I think anyone who has more than 200 post's (2ManyZ's) should be a God Star member instead of a Gold Star member (how do you get that anyway?) Either that or work for Yahoo as a Computer geek!
    Zlish

Member ID
    CZCC-1412

Hello all:

I'm 26, and just got married last summer (no kids).

I'm a grad student in hydrology at UC Davis.

Current Z project: troubleshooting engine problems in my 1970 240Z. Working on the 240 is an excellent distraction from my classes and thesis project.

Also, I have a '74 260Z that I have to decide what to do with. It is rapidly becoming the parts car for the '70 (one more bolt won't hurt, etc etc.)

My first car was a stock '79 RX7, but only because I couldn't find a Z at the time.

Thanks to Mike for all of his great work on the website and mailing list.

Cheers,

Steve Winter

Member ID
    CZCC-1490

Cool

45 yrs, Married no kids (We're DINK's).

I'm International Sales Director for my company, my wife is Manager of a Liquor Store (Sorry guys, no discounts for us either).

Bought my 71 240Z AT last summer for my mid-life crisis. Figured everyone else claims one, so what the heck, I'd start now and see what else I can think of.

Born in Mexico, have lived in Mexico, Venezuela, Chicago, Spain, back to Mexico, Iowa, Michigan and now Washington State. Studied Mechanical Engineering at the University of Iowa, 7 years enlisted in the US Air Force. Fluent in Spanish, English, French, Portuguese (Brazilian), (Well actually more like Portunish or Spanguese if you know what I mean).

Worked as a Body man for two years before entering the service which is where I learned how to fix and paint cars. Maintained skills in the AF by helping friends do their cars real cheap.

Do some computer programming in Access and a dash of Visual Basic (learning).

Type about 120 wpm and I like to talk, which means I sometimes have long posts ) and I have a real crazy warped sense of humor !

Fell in love originally with the Jaguar XKE when I was 12 yrs old, then I found out how much they cost ! Several years later, saw my first Datsun 240 and at first I thought it was a smaller Jag (Lived in Mexico at the time and the car wasn't imported there.). Then I found out what it was and wanted one. Then I found out how much it cost, and although better than the Jag, still too much for me .

So many years later, I almost begged this Colonel to let me restore his, and was rewarded with at least being able to drive one while I worked on it. But I promised myself to get one as soon as I could... and I did... bout a dozen years later!

So, my apologies up front to all for the length of my posts, my bizarre sense of humor, and rambling ways, but I will try to answer your questions on subjects that I know about, if I don't know I'll either NOT answer or tell you what I've heard. Please feel free to correct, scold or boo. Personal insults accepted after payment received through PayPal, note it is a sliding scale and Eat Sh*t! is currently going for $50 and it goes up from there. Bulk discounts available.

Anyhow, I use escanlon which is short for Enrique Scanlon, and I live in Vancouver, Washington. (Yes the AMERICAN Vancouver, and No, not D.C.)

Member ID
    CZCC-1608

Cool

G'Day all,

I'm a New Zealander living abroad for 10 years now all spent in England except for 2 years in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (crazy place).

Owned a 72 Datsun 1200 coupe imported from Japan in NZ. Had a mini cooper before that and hated it, I think the Japanese took the mini engine and refined it to make the A series. Never used a imperial socket set since (thank goodness). Next door neighbour in NZ had a 240Z when I was in my early teens.....never stopped wanting one yet.

Married with one 2 year old and another due in May (you soon forget those sleepless nights

Heading back to NZ in September where a 240Z will be the last addition to our family. So I'm just collating as much info as I can before deciding the best route to go before modifying it.

Cheers...James

Member ID
    CZCC-1243

I'm Lachlan, 17 years old and bought my first car yesterday - a 1970 240Z in silver.

I live on the Gold Coast, Australia, and the datto is amazing... can't imagine myself driving anything else

Member ID
    CZCC-1398

Hi guys! I'm Daniel.I,m 45,married to 1 wife and 1 73z.My formal training was electronics/datacom.I fix everything.My friends call me Mcgyver(after the tv show).I rode the computer craze up when it was hot,shorted it when it was not.I've been retired for about 2 years.I hope to get some photos of my Z in soon.I bought it new,drove it through school and about 15 years ago took it down to the ground for over a year.I basically replaced every nut ,,bolt ,bush,u joint etc.I hated it being down but now I,m glad because then you could get parts from nissan.I've redone 3 other 240's and sold them.I really enjoy this site thanks Mike.Have Fun!! Daniel

Member ID
    CZCC-1031

Cool

Name here is Lars, I'm 27 , living in a place called Aalborg in the North of Denmark. I live with my girlfriend,a 7.5 kilo Cat and I teach Web design ,Macromedia Flash/actionscript and Director/lingo for a living.

Have always loved cars in general and fell in love with a Z I noticed about 12 years ago. about 1.5 years ago I decided that I needed to do something with my spare time ,that has nothing to do with a computer or I would go Crazy. Bought an absolute wreck of a 71' Z - took it to pieces and am currently slowly rebuilding.
    Right now it is in "primer" grey but still just a shell - all the rust is gone - engine has been rebuilt and I'm getting ready to do the suspension ect. It is sloooowly beginning to look like something that, just might become a car again. Anyway it's not the destination, but the journey I value most

Enough of my ramblings

Thanks for a great site!

Cheers,

Meakin

Member ID
    CZCC-1264

Default 200+ posts

Zlishous,
    2ManyZs has that many posts because he doesn't work on his cars!

Sorry Keith, I couldn't resist.

Of course I'm one to talk, I haven't driven my car in over 6 years!
    "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    Then find someone who's life gave them Vodka and have a party!"

KMack
    '71 240Z (Series I) - SOLD
    San Antonio, Tx
    www.geocities.com/kenshobnob
    www.geocities.com/vintagericeracing

Member ID
    CZCC-1264

Default me, myself, and my Z...

Well, I guess it's my turn.

I just turned 30, 1 wife, 1 kid, 1 cat, 1 dog (85lb German Shepard), 1 house, 1 Z, and now down to 1 motorcycle. (I had about 8 so far)

Bought my '71 and a '73 parts car back in '93. Got the '71 running and riving, but I couldn't drive it much becuase of the rust under the battery. Frame rail had a crack in it! Last time I drove my car was when we moved into our house in Jan. of '96. I drove it there and then once in the garage, it was torn apart.

I have gone so far as to remove everything off this car. Took it straight down to the metal and have slowly brought it back to where it is now. Took it off the rotisserie back in Dec. Engine/trans. is back in (although I have to pull it again to replace a freeze plug). Underbody and suspension is complete and the only things left are the body and the interior. I'm working on priming and sealing the body right now.

I have finally set a deadline to have this car finished-June, 2002. I have to have it driving by the time the National Convention gets here to San Antonio. I'm the only member of our Z club that hasn't ever driven their Z to a meeting! Plus I'm also the only member that brought their car to a car show on a trailer as a rolling, primered shell!

I've loved Z cars since I was 5 years old. I have fond memories of rolling around on the rear deck of my Dad's '72 240 and the way to my Grandparent's house going down curvy roads at obnoxious speeds! (back before car seats were mandatory!) I had a chance at a '76 280 2+2 back in High School, but couldn't convince my parents to help front the cash. (I don't particulary care for the "hump backs", but I always did think the dual interior door handles was pretty cool!)

Anyway, I plan on always having at least one Z. Just like I'll always try to have at one motorcycle. My wife claims I love the Z more than her, well I have had my Z longer!

Anyway, I'ved lived in Texas all my life (never farther north than San Antonio). I can definitely say that warm weather is the best! We can drive all year long, in shorts and a t-shirt, and in flip-flops, w/o worrying about road salt, snow, we hardly ever have rain, etc....

Long live the classic Z!

KMack
    San Antonio, Tx

Member ID
    CZCC-4

Hey K, how did you get my life?

I'm 31, but, I don't have the kid. The Z is a rolling shell and I've never driven it to a meeting what-so-ever. Bummer.

I wish I had the time to put a lot more work into the Z. But, alas I bought a house that needs work. (I spent last weekend hanging drywall and doing a bit of electrical work)

It's looking like I'll never get to finish the Z! But, maybe things will change as soon as I get that furnace working in the garage. It's just a bit too cold for my blood right now.

I do have a couple motorcycles, a roadster, and another Z. And, my wife's buggin me to get rid of a few unnecessary toys.

[m]
    Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-1574

Hi... I'm one of the new guys....
    Here's my story....

I had (and dearly miss) a 1990 Honda CR-X that I built to SCCA IT specs, but never campaigned it - it was my "canyons" car. Had to put it up for sale when tuition came due some time ago because of a **** up w/ financial aid.

I currently own an ex-Regional Champ SCCA GT-4 1973 Honda Civic that I've restored outside & in to showroom beauty. Its lovely little engine I also rebuilt keeping the Dellorto's and motorcycle pistons (12:1 CR) firmly in place.

I just got rid of the salvaged early '73 240Z I posted about last week.

I daily drive my late 73 240Z since last summer. Every day I still find myself wondering how I managed to finally own a 240..... puts a smile on my face every time.

27yo. French/Swiss/American citizenship. Speak French/ English/ German/ Japanese/ Spanish/ & mere morsels of Italian. 2 Bachelors & 1 minor from UCDavis. Currently studying Transportation Design at ArtCenter College of Design (have completed 5/8) and am toying with idea of transferring to CCS in Detroit (the other big US school).

SCCA member since 97.
    NASA member / scrutineer / timing & scoring worker.
    All-around (single) car guy currently residing in Pasadena, CA.

-e

Member ID
    CZCC-1584

Hi, I'm Greg from Brisbane Australia, just like southern California it is pretty good weather down (up if your in Aus) here almost year round.

I am 38 years old and own (with 2 partners) my own Finance and Construction company and have an interest in an IT company as well. 2 kids, 1 too many wives, 2 motorbikes in various states of repair/reconstruction (3 if you count the eldest boys MX bike) 1 260z 2+2 with too many mods to list, and a new SAAB.

We live a fairly nice existance in this part of the world and as my wife is the keeper of all things in the diary, I never know when I am able to work on the car or bikes, so it has been a slow evolution to where I want to get things.

Thanks to Mike for starting and keeping things active, I use it as my home page.

Greg

Member ID
    CZCC-1499

I don't know about anyone else, but after reading Alphadog's I want to sit down and cry.

Oh, to be 17 again. And have a 70 240z as my first car!!

Member ID
    CZCC-1282

Yeah, I hear 'ya 2manyZ's! Oh to be young, single, etc. again!
    Royce
    '71 240 series II, Rebello L28/E88, ZX 5-speed, 3.9 R200, Tokico springs/struts(lowered 1.5"), short steering knuckles, 15x7 Revolution Wheels, 205/60 tires
    '67.5 Sports 1600

Member ID
    CZCC-1589

Ya know when I was 17 I walked uphill 20 miles to and from school, in the snow.............
    Zlish

Member ID
    CZCC-1282

I have enjoyed reading about the rest of you so here is my story...

I am 33, married 8 years with a 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter. By day I have been a unix systems administrator for Oracle, HP, and am now working as a applications programmer for Gap Inc. (if you send me an email I will gladly put you on my semi-annual friends and family discount mailing list for as long as Gap, Old Navy, & Banana Republic continue it!). Currently I am studying for my cisco networking certification and learning the perl programming language.

Now for the good stuff...

I bought my second car, a metallic grey '71 240Z series II from the original owner in '87 and I still have it. It had 75k original miles and was a clean, original, unmolested, stock car that needed seats, suspension and a paint job. Since then it has gone all down hill, I am starting to sob as I type. I have changed most every bolt on the car at one point or another. It was my daily driver for years and I still drive it on weekends or to work every couple weeks, sorry to those of you who cannot do that. I have had a few other Z cars along the way but nothing that wasn't just good for parts. I hate to crush cars as much as the next guy but believe me the ones I am working with are all going to a better place! Plus it is my means for supplying the pain relief medicine for my Z car illness! I hope to start autox with my wife in the Z this year.

I have another car hobby which is vintage racing. I got my car craziness from my Dad. He has been vintage racing for the past 20 years and I started racing with him about 14 years ago in a '66 Lotus-Ford Cortina Mk1 (something like a BMW 2002 if that helps). If you are in Northern California and want to see some pre-'67 race cars (Datsun Spyder, Lotus, Alfa, Elva, Shelby, Ford, Corvette, Chevy, Porsche, Sunbeam, Ferrari, etc.) and maybe go for a passenger ride around- Laguna, Sears, Thunderhill, or Buttonwillow drop me a line and I'll put you on my list.

Most recently I have become addicted to this site!

Party on!
    Royce
    '71 240 series II, Rebello L28/E88, ZX 5-speed, 3.9 R200, Tokico springs/struts(lowered 1.5"), short steering knuckles, 15x7 Revolution Wheels, 205/60 tires
    '67.5 Sports 1600

Member ID
    CZCC-1589

Royce, put me on your "list" especially the vintage car race one, I would love to ride around sometime!!. I am in Santa Rosa, so Sears POint or Thunderhill would work for me! And I could always use new clothes! hope to see you around!
    Zlish
    E-mail me @fuzzyyellowball@msn.com (no cracks, it's a tennis reference!)

Member ID
    CZCC-1689

Yello!

My name is Brett and I live in sunny CA. I'm 19, going to community college in hopes of eventually transferring to UCLA to major in chemical engineering. I got my '73 240z about 9 months ago. It's been all I could do to keep the thing running much less fix it up. I guess my limited income (McDonalds) and the fact that I know next to nothing about cars has hindered me a little.

I joined this posting to learn stuff so please don't become annoyed at the multitude of questions that I ask.

Member ID
    CZCC-1492

My name is John and I live in in Florida and I am 52 yrs old and have owned Z cars since 1975 I owned a new 260z and traded it in on a new 280z I have own 70,71,72, Z cars and now I own a 1972 240z and I still get the same feeling that I got 25 years ago when I drove my first Z I am married and retired from the service
    John 240Z

Member ID
    CZCC-1478

I'm Dave and I live in North Dakota, yes there is more then one person that lives here. I bought my first Z when I was 17, way back in 1981. What a life it was to be a senior in High School and able to cruise around in a 260Z. Went into the Navy 2 weeks after I graduated and said goodbye to the 260 but not to my love of the car. I've been in the Navy for the last 19+ years and have always looked for another Z. Finally found one when I moved back home to do the recruiting thing for the Navy. It's a 1972 240Z. The guy originally wanted $2600 for it but I held out for 3 months until he lowered the price to $1200, (wanted to buy a riding lawnmower). His lose my gain. It is a daily driver when the weather is decent. Waiting till I retire in 2 years before I start to really tear into it. Of course I'll have to find another one to drive when it's down. Waited to long for another Z to not be able to drive one when I want.
    LIVE TO DREAM, DREAM TO LIVE!!!!

Member ID
    CZCC-1689

After reading all your profiles, it seems there's a common thread that binds most of you.

You all have very sophisticated (or at least sophisticated-sounding) occupations. I saw Hydrologist, Pharmacist, International Sales Director, and something with NASA.

Are all z-drivers owners of such proud titles? Does this mean that I too will one day have title like that? Or... is it that only those with hefty incomes can afford to deal with trials and tribulations involved with working on a Z and I'm actually screwed?

Just an observation

Member ID
    CZCC-800

Hey car_dumi,
    i am only 33 (the pharmacist) and i'll tell you: been married since i was 17 (quite happily still i might add!), I worked on a potato farm back then to pay for school. 70 hrs a week picking rocks out of a field BY HAND for 3.15/hour. I crawled by ass out of meager beginnings and do okay now- if i could do it, so can anyone...
    BTW, the title is cool, the moneys decent, but i'm still broke (there's a difference between broke & poor) Ask my wife where half my extra money and extra love go... (hint* startz with "Z")
    Keep flipping the burgers and aim high- you'll get there! Zya,
    Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Axtell, R.Ph
    Nunda, NY 73- 240Z, 74 -260Z

Member ID
    CZCC-1557

Hi all,

I'd like to echo and reinforce Jerimiah's last comments. I am an Engineering Manager (Mechanical by degree) at a large Commercial Avionics Supplier and have been (very happily) married to the same women since I was 19. This would be 2 years after I puchased the one and only 1971 Z that I still own and just started restoring in Dec 2001. I am now 43 yo with 2 almost grown children and after stints in college, then the Air Force, then back to college I can vouch for the work-hard-and-get-rewarded philosophy. I still also have to balance a passion for Motorcycles (currently only have 1 but have owned 6 or 8 over the years) with a passion for Flying (also just 1 but have owned 3 over the years) but find great joy in coming home each night and taking something apart or cleaning something up or just standing in the garage and staring at the "Z" parts.......most of which are actually being stored in the living room at the moment (I have a really understanding wife!).

Anyway, thanks Mike, for this great forum to discuss and learn from each other about our common interest.

Long Live the "Z",

Randy

Member ID
    CZCC-1136

Hey guys my name is Patrick and I am 18 years old. I have a blue 1973 240z that I got from my dad a year ago. I have been working hard on her and hope to have her running soon.

I'm a high school senior right now and plan to go to an automotive school in Charlotte, North Carolina. Its called UTI and they have a Nascar program. www.uticorp.com I cant wait to go.
    A burnout is a tribute to the rubber Gods.

Member ID
    CZCC-1665

"Sophisticated occupations", interesting thought, are we just folks that are smart enough to own 240's or smart because of that fact we have 240's and have to figure all the tech stuff out?

"and then the twin turbos kicked in..."

'90 300zx twin turbo - pearl white, black interior, chrome factory wheels. - May be for sale soon -

Looking for a 240z...

Member ID
    CZCC-1464

Smile

Guess you can call me a senior member. 62 yesterday I've been a Datsun/Nissan sports freak since I bought my first 1600 Roadster in Okinawa in 1968. I then went through 2 2000 Roadsters (Very Fast, horrible cam chain lashup) Got my first Z, a 71 in about 79, had been fixed up by a Mustang specialist in North Omaha, Ne. Took that car to Athens, Greece with me and had a ball with it until a Greek in a Peugeot nailed me after running the biggest stop sign I've ever seen. (Apparently, I wasn't the first at that intersection. After recovering from that episode and returning to the states, I found a beautiful '70 Z in Albuquerque and brought it back to San Antonio. It was painted in Corvette bright yellow and I had it converted to a 280 block with ZX 5-speed. That lasted until I had retired from the Air Force and had to go to California to work. Since the first thing we had done in Texas was throw all the emmision stuff out and the car was only about 16 years old then, I left it in Texas. Civilian work didn't keep me at home long, 2 jobs in Panama, 1 in Korea, 1 Thai wife and Daughter later, I'm settled in NE Maryland with another '70 240Z in very straight and almost original shape. Work on it when I can, have a '90 240SX as a daily driver.
    Chuck Vigdor
    1970 240Z
    HLS3006017
    2007 Nissan Maxima SE
    1N48A41E97C801614

"Das was mich nicht tötet, macht mich stärker." (that which does not kill me
    makes me stronger)

Member ID
    CZCC-1254

Hey Everyone! I am Mike and I am 33. I have a wife and 3 kids. I am an MCSE for a big chip company.

I have a 73 240 that is blue. I am currently building it for open track events. I have collected so far headers, webers, Recaros, 300zx brakes, and the infamous R200 with the TORSEN LSD!

I am also the moderator of the Racing forum on this most excellent site!

Lets hit the track!

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-1282

Enjoying reading all the intros but finding it strange that a large amount of us are 33 years old. Not that it makes any difference what age you are, just think it is interesting. I guess it makes sense that us 33 year olds like the early Z cars because we would have got our driving license when the first 300ZX was introduced, read in that I am not a big fan of the early 300ZX series.
    Royce
    '67.5 Sports 1600

Member ID
    CZCC-1499

Since so many of you are still in your thirties or younger does that mean I'm a Senior Member?? No, let's not go there! And don't say what you are thinking kmack!

Sophisticated occupations?? I guess instead of putting truck driver I should have put Mail Relocation Technician with a "Master's" in Heavy Vehicle Dynamics. There now I'm sophisticated too!

Member ID
    CZCC-800

Well, as one of the 33 year-olds, i'd say that we were all at a very impressionable age when we saw our first Z cars! I remember riding in the back of the family cruiser as a kid, lusting for all those "cool" cars i'd see hauling around. Luckily i was able to buy my 73 in 1993, and my 74 last summer.
    I still stop/gawk/turn around when i spy a first generation Z-car!
    Luckily, my family has gotten used to it...as far as the later Zcars- i respect the title and the 300zxtt has awesome performance, but my heart will always beat for the early Z.
    That's how i see it, BTW, thanks everyone for sharing a little - like they say "i love you, man...."
    Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Axtell, R.Ph

Member ID
    CZCC-800

Hey--if you like the Zcar, you'll never be over-the-hill!!!
    (and you will always look good at least.)
    Jeremiah Axtell, R.Ph

Member ID
    CZCC-1499

Yeah, I whined now about Alphadog being 17 and having a 240 as his first car. My first car when I was 17 (way back when) was a 1973 Plymouth 'Cuda, 340, 4 barrel, Slapstick, A/C and now I only wish I could have that car back. I was making $2.00 an hour and couldn't afford to feed it gas while I was "cruising for chicks" so I traded it for a motorcycle. Yes, I have told myself what an idiot I was back then, over and over and over and over...........
    Why is hindsight such a PITA ???

Member ID
    CZCC-800

You're making me feel a little sick, 2ManyZs!
    BTW, i read your bio- coolest tribute to Dad- gotta love it. Zya
    Jeremiah Axtell, R.Ph

Member ID
    CZCC-800

ps- i forgot to mention my first car- now remember folks, it was free:

1976 Ford Pinto Wagon, it was a bit rusty, so my father borrowed it one day- the next day the entire lower 2/3rds of it was covered in WOOD! (he's a handy farmer-type) he thought a "woody" would be cool. I thought i'd die of embarassment. If only he could see the woody PT Cruiser today!
    Jeremiah Axtell, R.Ph

Member ID
    CZCC-1464

My first was a '41 Ford Convertible. Flathead and all. Went through a few different cars as a kid before the service, but actually got into sports cars with the aforementioned '65 Datsun Fairlady 1600 roadster. After that it was more and more of the same. I owned three 2000 roadsters at one time, two of them sequentially numbered. My real love developed with my first Z and I haven't given them up yet.
    Chuck Vigdor
    1970 240Z
    HLS3006017
    2007 Nissan Maxima SE
    1N48A41E97C801614

"Das was mich nicht tötet, macht mich stärker." (that which does not kill me
    makes me stronger)

Member ID
    CZCC-1108

I have noticed anyone who drives a 240 is generally pretty cool. There is something different about 240 owners...generally about the way they take pride...and the way they think. Lots of 280 drivers let their cars run ragged and just drive to and fro for transportation.

I got hooked on the Z when I was in college. I needed something to wrench on as a hobby. The Z has taught me lots about logical thinking, troubleshooting, project management and mechanics in general.

12 years later, I still enjoy the heck out of my car and often use my knowledge gained from working on my car to what I do today in computers as a Unix System Administrator which often tests my logic and tempermant.
    Brandon Yu
    '73 240, stroked Rebello 3.0, ported N42, 44 Mikunis, Adj. Tokicos, 5 speed, Trust 10.8lb Fly., Centerforce Dual Friction, 4.44 Nissan Comp LSD, MSA Header, Autopower rollbar, 16 " Riken Mesh Wheels.

sound of my Z

Member ID
    CZCC-1132

Default Where are my manners ?

I have been asking alot of questions and never took the time to introduce myself.
    Brother Bob is the nickname that the Army threw at me some time ago.
    I am a production guy for a natl repair program for military equip.
    I have a 73 240 Z , 2.8 low end, 2.4 top end , SU carbs , car is in rough shape but I need a driver for a while. This car has a rebuilt title so I will not restore it but I will clean it up and paint it. I have always liked the 240/260/280 !
    This makes my 3'd . I also build hot rods ....49 Chevy, 72 GMC Jimmy, done lots of VWs and even did roundy rounds for 3 years in a VW powered car.
    Thanks for help with dumb questions !
    Brobob
    73 240Z , daily driver.

Member ID
    CZCC-1769

Hello all,

I'm a relative newcomer to this site so after reading all your replies I thought I should tell you all a bit about myself.

I live in Melbourne Australia, I wish I was 33 too, but i'll have to live with 41.

Married for 16 years with 1 eleven year old boy.

I work for a Shopfitting company as a Project Manager fitting out supermarkets Australia wide. ( Too much travelling. )

My 260 2+2 is on a home made rottiserie at the moment and I am slowly but surely cutting all the rust out of her, so I can get her painted and start putting her back together. Hopefully one day I can post a finished photo.

Catch Ya

Member ID
    CZCC-1788

Default Hello

Hello everyone! My name is Tom Banez and I've been coming here for several months now. I'm 38 years old, married for 15 years, and have twin 11 year olds (Tyler and Hannah - yup, instant family). We live in Dover Delaware, USA. I'm originally from St. John's, new Brunswick, CA, but I've been in Delaware since I was 3 years old. We also have a 6 year old female boxer named Cleo (100 lbs!!!!), and a cat named Trixie. I'm a Civil Engineer with the state highway department and I design roads.

My Z history is relatively brief I suppose. About 10 years ago I bought my fist Z, a black 1978 280Z for $1000. It wasn't in great shape, but it was a hell of a fun car and I fell in love with it. Well I got carried away one night and stranded it on a concrete island. Tore up the underbody pretty good. Luckily no one was hurt and I got out of it w/o penalty, except for a badly torn up underbody. At that point I decided it was time to get rid of it for something more family oriented - a 1993 Ford Explorer. Time passed and last year it was time for the wife to get a new car, so I traded the Explorer in (thank god) on a 2001 Toyota Highlander for her. That meant I was left with her old 1988 Mazda 626. Well, I decided since her car was going to be our "all purpose family vehicle", I was going to find myself the car I really wanted. I searched online for weeks - looking at early 70's Corvettes and Z's. I finally found my dream car on E-Bay, my 1972 240 (pics in members gallery). I bid on the car and won! My first and only E-Bay purchase! Needless to say, I've been consumed by this car - an instant love affair (don't tell my wife!).

So now I find myself visiting here daily, learning everything I can about Z cars, and meeting all the great people who share my passion. Maybe someday I'll meet some of you in RL - looking forward to it!
    Tom Banez
    2000 Infiniti i30t

Member ID
    CZCC-1754

I'm well past the 33yo cut-off (59), but I hope to have a few more good years - I'll need them at the rate my 240-Z "refurbish" is progressing. Joined the Navy out of high school in 1960 and spent 8+ years as a Common Enlisted Swine in the Submarine Force - SS-338, SSBN-625, SSBN-611. Sometime during my second hitch I grew up enough to know I didn't like being a second-class citizen, so I applied for college.

Got my BSChe from Clemson Univ. in 1974 and went to work for what is now ChevronTexaco. After 25 years in the San Francisco Bay Area, I took early retirement in 1999. Currently living in Clemson, SC with my two sons - a senior at Clemson and a welding technology stident at the local tech college (divorced nearly 20 years ago, and yes, I was the single parent).

Picked up my 1971 T-I 240-Z (built 12/70) in 1990 - it apparently lead a rough life. I've spent lots of hours "reversing" various po's work and still have some to do. Next "project" is to swap in a Maxima overdrive transmission.

JIM DOZIER

Member ID
    CZCC-1856

Hi my name is Dan Fifield, I and my 240 just turned 30. I was born in the east end of London England. My father was in the US Navy and my mother born and raised in England. At 17 i joined the Navy and caught my first bit of action in Desert Sheild and Desrt Storm. I am now an E-6 (perhaps an E-7 this year) involved in Military Law Enforcment and force protection. I have lived all over dragging my wonderful wife and four kids all around this country. Right now i'm living in San Diego but will be moving again to a new duty staion in Charlston SC.
    My Z experience and total car experience is only a year in the making. Before i bought my 240 i had never even changed the oil in any car i had ever owned. So i have been on a quest to learn everything i can about Z's, engines and cars, basically learning anything anyone will share with me. To this end this Club has been one of the most positive and fun experiences i have had to date.
    I have allways liked early Z's even before i knew anything about them. So i saved up and searched and found a car that i thought would make a nice project. With a wrench in one hand and a Haynes manual in the other i started work on my 240. Learning as i went. I can't tell you how gald i am that i bought this car what a blast it is to drive something that you breathed life into with your own hands. I am now truly hooked much to the dismay of my wife who just got over being a golf widow and is now a Z widow.

Member ID
    CZCC-1774

Cool

Here's my little adendum to the topic. I'm 30 years old and live in Stillwater, OK with my wife of nearly 8 years. No children. I just purchased a 1976 280Z and it will definitely take up much of my weekends to come. I first became familiar with the Z line back in 1991 when i purchased a 1985 300zx turbo that totaled by some guy driving wrecklessly in a parking lot. In 1997 I bought my wife a 240sx and just recently sold it for a Surburban (she is an antique dealer and needed the hauling ability). In 1999 I bought a 1991 300zx TT and loved it until i got caught in a flash flood and hydrolocked the engine. Before i got my vintage Z, i was more fond of the 300xz, but I am beginning to come around. I am visiting this site several times a day to check the technical posts to help me learn a lot more about the inner-workings of my Z. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out so far.

Member ID
    CZCC-1558

Howdy Z-friends around the world,

my name is Rolf-Karl Doehring. I'm 57 years old, married for 26 years, no children but 5 Datsun/Nissan: 2 '72 240 Z, 1 '82 280ZX 2+2 , 1 '88 300ZX 2+2 Tubo and a little Micra (March in the US, I think) as daily city driver. I got my first Z, a 260 Z 2+2 , in 1976. I'm working for 22 years now for the german paper industries association as head business administration and statistics/market research on european level. My hometown is Bornheim, near Cologne, overlooking the river Rhine.
    I visited the US 4 times for holidays and got some good friends there, all Z drivers.
    One of my 240Z got badly damaged in an international rallye event . So it's totally stripped now, but I will built it "bottom up" again and it will become better than before. By the way, I think that we have only about 25 240Z here in Germany. Parts are not awailable so I have to buy it all in the US - expensive job because of shipment, customs and taxes. but big fun when it runs. This is now the 2nd time I'm restoring a Z.

All the best to all of you !

Member ID
    CZCC-1830

Hello, I'm new to the club, and recently became a Z-owner again; just turned 40..., had a 74.5 260 2+2 while in high school (Dad's)..., my wife swears it's an early mid-life thing.

I live in Waynesville, OH (20 min from Dayton, 40 from Cincy). 2 great kids, 8 year old daughter and 5 year old son. Great wife, even though she's going to be running out of patience w/ my "new" 77 280. I love golf, music, and generally screwing off. (I can't believe that I cut this deal: One year leave of absence from golf club for 280Z)

Oh, the car: Originally purchased in Cleveland area, then went to Texas at about 3 years of age. Came back to central OH in '93 with 77K miles. Been primarily garaged until now (87K miles).

Exterior is blue and rock-solid, paint is sh*t. Has one spot of rust on the inner front fender well (behind the head light bucket).

Interior is in the process of being converted from cream to black. I'm using SEM vinyl die, and its EASY and looks fantastic. Carpet's in decent shape. Seats need reupholstered or replaced. I'm going to put a MOMO steering wheel, shift knob, boot, etc. in a blue and black coordinated interior.

Mechanically, the car runs very strong. Some cold air induction and header are probably the extent that I'm going to fool with from a performance standpoint. Rear end has a "clunk" if I'm abrupt w/ the clutch. In time, I'm going to replace the 4spd w/ a 5spd. Although I love my current 1st and 2nd gears, the 4th gear at 65 mph for extended periods wears me out.

Suspension / steering could probably stand tightening up. It's certainly not an unsafe vehicle though.

Electrically, this car amazes me. The ONLY electrical miscue is the right front indicator does not intermittantly flash in the hazard mode... works normally when acting as a turn indicator... go figure.

I'm only $3500 into it, and I'm afraid I'm at least $5000 more from finishing it. My wife's gonna wish I stayed focused on my golf handicap! I'm dead meat.
    Mike Dyer
    CZC1830

77 280Z
    73 240Z
    Late 74 260Z 2+2

Member ID
    CZCC-1964

Talking

Hello

Names Dave aka 59ghia. Live in South San Francisco CA. I'm a car nut to the nth degree. Was at the yacht club (nothing snooty, just a place to hang out and drink adult beverages) And was talkin cars with one of the older members, he said he had an old Z in the garage he wanted to get "rid" of. My ears perked up and I asked him "how much you want for it?" He said "he** you can have it!" I withheld my complete exuberance and said ok Couple days later it was in my driveway. Its a 72 that sat around 2-3 years. currently going through the brakes (see my post), and Rebuilding carbs. Compression is good, no under body rust, but some bubbling on rear hatch ledge. Should be a solid driver.

My "other" cars, starting from the oldest are 2 1959 volkswagens a sunroof sedan and a karmann ghia. The ghia is my toy. Its running a 2 litre with weber 48idas, ported and polished heads engle 130 cam, scat nitrited crank with chevy journals, 5.5 inch chromoly rods, roller rockers. it stops with 4 wheel disks. A 1966 Dodge dart convertable, 273 v8, An 87 BMW 325i (wifes car) And an 89 Ford taurus sho (the family flier).

E-gads!! What a mouthfull!

Of course theres my wife who puts up with all my hyjinks (gotta love her!) And two girls 8 and 10, who fight over what car they get when their sixteen. Can you say "chevy cavalier?"

I'm also into anything old, furniture, clocks etc.

Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Dave

Member ID
    CZCC-1961

Hi,
    My name is Rob I'm 15 looking for a 240z to restore and drive daily. My mom had a 240z i forget what year it was but she sold it. I love old sports cars and love to work on cars thats why im looking at the 240z my first car and project car. I think its great that there is a message board like this for these cars and I'm sure I will be asking many questions so bare with me.

Member ID
    CZCC-1243

Woohooo I'm not the youngest anymore!

hehehe

Member ID
    CZCC-1961

so I'm the youngest I take it

Registered User Graeme Suckling's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-1971

Hi folks,
    my name is Graeme Suckling and I'm from Adelaide South Australia. I am 51 years old and my son Ben (26) and I are both well and truly into Datsun/Nissan vehicles. I have owned a 1600 4 door sedan (510 to you folks) since 29/1/71. Bought brand new for $AUD2670. I also own a 1973 240Z which is currently undergoing a bare metal up rebuild. The Z had an L28 fitted so I am replacing the L series & auto for an RB25DE & 5 speed from an R33 Skyline. Colour will be GP White (Fuji white), with a 'G' nose, R32 Skyline tail lights and bumper. The existing tail light panel is trashed from rust so If I have to re-build it I'll update it as well. I have made all my own metal patch panels with the exception of the rear sill doglegs (bought from MSA in USA). To date I have top coated all the under side and engine bay and it is lookin' good!
    To make things easier the body shell is mounted on a rotisserie.
    I just roll it round to do whatever and the job is easy(?).
    I have Digital photos so if anyone is interested, just drop me a message. I have 12 months to be on the road, There is a National Z rally in Toowoomba Queensland Aust. Easter 2003.
    Of course I'll make it!
    Regards from "Downunder"
    G. Suckling (nissanman)
    Regards,
    Nissanman
    1965 SP310
    1971 P510 4 door
    1972 PL510 2 door
    1973 HS30/240Z
    Adelaide, South Australia.

Member ID
    CZCC-1609

Hey all. My name is Grant, im 16 and live in Orange County, CA. I WAS a proud owner 72 240z until the big accident and am currently on the prowl for one right now. The first time I saw a 240z, at age 10, i decided that i was going to buy that car no matter what. Summer rolled around after my 16th birthday and i worked my ass off, saved just enough and got a crazy deal on a 240z. It didnt have much done to it yet, but the previous owner had put Toxico struts, Eibach springs, anti-sway bars, 280zx 5-speed, electronic ignition, and NO rust or bondo (thats what you get on Southern California ) I had that Z for about 5 monthgs and the original L24 threw a rod, I couldnt find another L24, so i decided on a 82 L28 i found for $300. I had if for TWO days with the L28 when i rolled her, that was probably the worst day of my life, i loved that car and i was proud of it. All the car guys at school loved it and i got so many compliments from people at stop lights and gas station, but thats all over now . Oh well...thats it about me, nothing interesting yet!

Grant
    its a Z thing...u wouldnt understand

Member ID
    CZCC-1243

Graeme your project sounds very exciting !

Some pics would be great, especially of what you plan to do with putting R32 tail lights on a Z!!

Also, This National Z Rally could you please tell me what this is about?

Member ID
    CZCC-1330

Default My turn...

Holy Moly,

First of all congratulations to all for helping contribute to what I feel is one of the strongest "family atmosphere" clubs on the 'net.

I gotta say, 2ManyZ's, the tribute to your father is awesome.

I found the Z car virus when I owned my first Z which was a 1978 280. It had the basic auto X package until the master cylinder failed on a corner that I was zipping thru. (Big shock.)
    But, once again I was reminded of the strong cage these cars have as I rolled off the road. Not ONE salvageable part. But I was ok and learned that life is still good after basically walking away from an accident that occoured at around 90. And yes, I've had a talk with that little demon that sits on my shoulder.

Since that little crackup, I've owned 5 more and currently have my first 240 under construction. Which by the way, the valve problem was something simple and yes, that spindle STILL has not moved. Hey, where can I get that puller again????
    Maybe this time I'll write it down...

I'm yes, 33 yrs old, am a supervisor for Waste Management, yes I talk trash all day! Have 3 kids and the wife. (ok, 4 kids including myself...) The wife will join me in auto X hopefully this year (if the car is ready) which I should probably tell her she is doing, huh? She's NEVER raced so it should be fun for her, (and all... ) Come to think about it, she hasn't driven anything but automatics. Hmmmm, may need to rethink this.

Well, I appreciate all the advice that all have given me, the Z that keeps us all together is a stong one and that's nice to see in a world that usually needs second guessing...
    When you are on the downside of advantage relying purely on courage...
    It's possible.

Brian
    '72 240 HLS30 59756

Member ID
    CZCC-1428

Hello everyone my name is Ivan, I'm from New Zealand and I am 21 years old. Not married, no kids my first Z was a '90 300zx 2 years ago (still got it) and just recently I picked up a '72 240z and have been restoring it for about 5 months now. I have bought a RB25DET from a '93 skyline and a R32 gearbox which I am currently fitting into the engine bay.

Member ID
    CZCC-1615

Hello All!

My name is Rick Hanson and I live in St. Louis, MO. I'll be 38 this month, married with a 3 1/2 year old Son who is an aspiring Z car fan.

I currently own a 1970, 1971 and 1972. The '70 is being prepped for SCCA ITS racing - first outing this August at Gateway International in St. Louis. The '71 is being made into my daily driver. The '72 is my two year project being prepped for SCCA E-Production. I've been racing 240s for seven years in ITS. Had two '72s. Both have been re-tired (pardon the pun, but you have to have a sense of humor after smacking the 'tire' walls at 100mph+).

It's nice to race a car that is 30 years old and still whip up on the new BMWs and Mazdas!

I'm a software engineer and run HANSON Motorsports on the side, specializing in custom roll cages and brake cooling ducts (www.hmsports.com).

This is a wonderful forum and an enjoyable web-club.

Later, Rick

Registered User Graeme Suckling's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-1971

Thumbs up 250ZDET - WOW!

Hi Ivan,
    I'm doing an RB25DE conversion to a '73 Z which is currently under going a complete re-build - see earlier posting.
    I would like to see some pics if you have any.
    My pics have just been approved and are on view under the "Body and Paint" category.
    New pic is my proposed front brake conversion!
    Regards,
    Nissanman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vt brakes.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	270  
    Regards,
    Nissanman
    1965 SP310
    1971 P510 4 door
    1972 PL510 2 door
    1973 HS30/240Z
    Adelaide, South Australia.

Member ID
    CZCC-1269

Thumbs up

Hi everyone,

My name is George, i'm 27, single and i'm a Zedaholic!! I got into 240's quite recently. I live in the UK, London to be precise and i never saw one before, there's only about 150 left over here. This is mainly due to not many being shipped over (the shipping rates from Japan in the 1970's didnt make the 240z such an affordable buy over here) as well as the majority being victim of our weather!!

Well my borther wanted a 300ZX TT for ages and when he purchased his i started doing my research on Z cars and once I saw a picture of a 240Z in a book I was smitten. I joined the Z Club of GB to find out more info on these cars and then went out of my way to purchase Amazon.co.uk's entire stock of books on early Z cars!

I then scoured the classifieds and found my green beast you see in the icon to your left. She's a 73 and I love driving her. The only problem I have found is that you cant drive her all the time, she never come out to play in the wet and usually lives in hibernation in a nice warm garage. So looking forward to a hot summer so I can drive her loads.

Mike well done on building such a great site and the community spirit must be testament to your good nature. I hope to learn loads form you guys as this obsession is very new to me, its the first sports car I have owned and need all the help I can get.

Thanks all for reading this far
    George
    1973 240Z -The Green Beast- L28 FI

Member ID
    CZCC-1269

Ha Ha!!
    I dont know why I said i'm single, just re-read my post!! Oh well the girlfriend will never check this site out. Phew!!!
    George
    1973 240Z -The Green Beast- L28 FI

Member ID
    CZCC-1340

Hi every one,

My name is Guus van der Bol and I live in Holland where the tulips grow.Hi every one,

My name is Guus van der Bol and I live in Holland where the tulips grow.

I’m 48 years old and my job is driving passenger trains through the country. I’ve a lovely wife no kids, 5 dogs, 2 horses, a cat and a bunch of canaries.

My first Nissan, a 280ZX, I bought in ’83 and kept it until 3 years ago. In the mean time I bought -the real car- a ’70 240Z from an American who worked in Great Britain.

I overhauled the Z totally as you can see at my personal photo gallery and now the car is a look a like Monte Carlo works rally car.

I’m in the Z ‘business’ from ’85, started in Holland the Z & ZX club, which has now 320 members.

Well this is my story.

Greetings from the other side.

Guus

Name:	101-0192_imgklein.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	271  

Member ID
    CZCC-1340

Originally posted by Doehring
    Howdy Z-friends around the world,

Hi Rolf,

I didn't have a problem here in Holland buying 240Z parts! I bought all the rubbers, etc. for my car at the dealer. I think 90% of all the parts came from the dealer. And with a discount, very important!!.

Greetings
    Guus

ps sorry to hear your Z car was smashed during rallying, is it that dangerous?

my name is Rolf-Karl Doehring. I'm 57 years old, married for 26 years, .
    One of my 240Z got badly damaged in an international rallye event . So it's totally stripped now, but I will built it "bottom up" again and it will become better than before. By the way, I think that we have only about 25 240Z here in Germany. Parts are not awailable so I have to buy it all in the US - expensive job because of shipment, customs and taxes. but big fun when it runs. This is now the 2nd time I'm restoring a Z.

All the best to all of you !

Member ID
    CZCC-1748

Hi, I am Anna. I'm 29 and live in Australia. Like many other Australians I live near the beach. I have been driving little dattos for yonks and now my boyfriend is helping me to restore my first z car - a 1972 240z. He has all the gear to make it happen, if I can just distract him from his own projects (Minis!) long enough we'd get somewhere. This is all new to me, ie, building a car from the ground up.
    Thanks for the great site. I've been learning heaps already.
    cheers
    Anna

Member ID
    CZCC-1255

It's taken me several visits just to read all of the posts in this thread!!

Now that's done, I'll add my bit. My dad has already given a brief introduction, and it's his fault that I'm stuck spending all my disposable income on my Datsuns

I'm 25, not married (can't afford it - too many cars), but not single.
    I'm an IT Consultant & live in Adelaide, South Australia.

My '73 240Z was my first car - purchased in early 1996. Since then, it's gone completely out of control.

The full restoration will get completed one-day soon (it's been 3-years so far). In the meantime, I've bought another '73 (the one Dad's currently restoring), 2 R-30 Skylines & a 910 wagon. I'm currently channelling funds towards my newest Skyline, a 1983 DR-30 RS-X Turbo. Once that's painted & brought up-to-scratch, it'll be back to the Zed.

To clarify - the Skylines are nice, but they're NOT a 240Z

I find it very motivational to participate in sites such as this one. It also keeps the Z cravings at bay - that & the fact that I have friends with Z's.
    Ben
    Adelaide,
    South Australia.
    IZCC#1902
    HS30-103353
    1973 240Z (L28ET)
    WGNC34-008753
    1996 Stagea RS-Four V (RB25DET)
    DR30-035184
    1983 DR30 Skyline RS-X Turbo (FJ20ET)

Member ID
    CZCC-1893

My name is Jay and I live in Winchester VA and work for the US Geological Survey. I'm 50, married, no two-legged kids, but have 3 Irish Wolfhounds and one Greyhound (who have their own GMC van).

Presently own a '72 240Z which is fully restored with the exception of getting the damn horn to work, but working on that. Also have two '77 MGB (one stock the other with a Rover V8 conversion) and a Lotus 7. Will probably get rid of the MGBs this summer and get another Z (much more fun and easier to work on). Long ago my first Datsun was a '70 1600 roadster also had a '71 240Z for a while before is was eaten by a Ford Galaxie.

Member ID
    CZCC-1962

Hi: my name is Alex and I have been a z-holic for one week now. Bought a nice clean and straight 240Z from a friend for $800. No major rust, the engine runs well (needs the carbs tuned though), and the interior is clean and uncut.

No interest in restoring this car to pristine beauty but looking to build it up for back country rally racing. I look forward to pestering many of ya'll for help.

I live in East Idaho with my wife of 9 years and my two dogs. I'm a network administrator for a local bank but prefer cars to computers. (Though I am in the process of installing a computer in my Z. :-D)

BTW would installing Weber Carbs and a N36 intake improve my performance greatly over the stock carbs?

Member ID
    CZCC-1854

Well, I'm one more to add to the four or five teenagers here, and three New Zealanders I've seen so far.

I'm 16, still go to school and own no car at all. This is due to my lazy response to getting my license and even lazier effort at trying to find a job.

I first heard about 240zs when I saw one sitting up the road and found out that it belonged to my hairdresser, who is constantly restoring it. Ever since I saw it, I wanted one. It dosn't make it easy in New Zealand tho, it's really hard to find Z cars, especailly 240zs ('73 as I want). I'm always looking out for them tho, hoping my parents will shout me the extra cash.

Yea,,, thats me..

Member ID
    CZCC-1993

Hi all! Here are the facts

My name is Jeff Paciolla I am 34 yrs old, I live in Charlotte NC, married, with a 4 yr old girl and a baby boy due in May (next month)

I currently do not own a Z, but I have wanted one since I was a teenager. I am hoping to save up some money and buy a 240 that i can fix up sometime in the next year.

The problem seems to be that there are very few available on the east coast, so shipping cost becomes a big factor.

I look forward to many informative conversations.
    Jeff
    77 280
    "The Secret To Happiness Is Short-Term Stupid Self Interest"

Member ID
    CZCC-1801

My name is Rev.Victor Webb and yes I'm a minister. I grew up with racing, mainly SCCA, stock car and drags.My uncle races SCCA Nissan and owns a Z shop so that was my main street legal background. I own a '70 240Z vin# 001811 (one of the first). I'v done some rally type cars in Canada for other people and now plan to do mine as a touring car.I know some and am more than willing to share my knowledge and so far have learned much more on this site.Thanx -Rev

Member ID
    CZCC-1880

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to the boards, but I feel lucky to have found such a great resource.

My name is Chris, I'm 25 and own a 1972 240. It's in okay shape, but will rock after a little work. I live in Seattle and work for Electronic Arts marketing video games.

I'm looking to get married soon so the major work on the Z will probably have to wait. I'll just do what I can on the cheap for now. After a few more mechanical fixes I really want to insulate the car and put in new carpet.
    I've modified my share of cars... in video games.

Member ID
    CZCC-1243

Mannn we sure do have some variety here !

Member ID
    CZCC-788

well, we do have quite a diverse group now. My name's Gary, I'm 47 yo and have lived here int he San Francisco Bay area for the past 15 years. I'm employed with a major public transportation agency in Contracts & Procurement. I primarily work with Specialized Engineering Services contracts, and also purchase our rail rolling stock.

I've had my poor, tired old '72 for 3 years, but it's still enjoyable to drive. It will undergo a resto-customization maybe in a year or so, after I've gotten Phase I of my other project conpleted.

That involves building up my '97 Jeep ZJ (Grand Cherokee) to better handle more hardcore rock crawling. I belong to a group of ZJ nuts who like to prove that our Grands don't know the way to the mall, but they LOVE Moab and the Rubicon.

Until a couple of years ago, I was a crew member and co-driver of an IMSA-styled dirt modified stock car. That was a real blast! Nothing like 500hp under the hood and a wild-*ssed bunch of competitors to stir things up!

My first car was my mom's '57 Chevy wagon, then a '48 Chrysler Windsor sedan. Other notable cars include a '64 Impala SS, '69 Road Runner, '69 Chevelle SS396 (375HP version), '64 Austin Healey 3000 Mk III, and a '72 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Ok, that's probably more than enough. Hope to meet up with at least some of you in the future. Until then, z-ya!
    Gary
    '81 280ZX - mostly original, cruise mobile

'72 240z - 5 spd., Crane Cams elec. ignition mod, BFG Comp TAs (needs tlc - soon to be for sale)

'97 JGC Laredo - lifted & loaded for extreme off-roading

'02 Chevy S10 Xtreme - daily driver

Member ID
    CZCC-824

Talking Fashionably late

I didn't think this particular post would fill so fast, I meant to post earlier but did't so am now. Ahem..

My name is Jimmy, 28. I live in TUlsa, Ok with my wife of going on 3 years now. We have 2 cats, Frito and Oreo; and a hamster named Popcorn. Seems like we have the whole junkfood theme going on here.

I work for Sprint, my wife works for an insurance company. We were the proud owner of 2 Z's, a '73 240Z and a '75 280Z. Unfortunatly it became necessary to part with one and now I just have the '75. I miss my 240Z. [whimper]. My wife drives a '95 Ford Contour. Nice thing about that is whenver the whole family issue comes up, we already have the 'family car'; and I can keep my ride.

Yes, the 280Z does not drive, take off, or handle like a 240Z. Its about 400lbs heavier. But it does look nice.

Beyond that, Rebekah (my wife) is a game show freak, and will monopolize the internet connection. I am an avid Hung Gar practitioner. I have way too many swords, spears and other archaic weapons on the walls. Between my wife, my Z (used to be Z's) and Kung Fu, these are the loves of my life.
    "Go into emptiness, strike voids, bypass his defences; hit him where he does not expect you" -Lao Tzu

Member ID
    CZCC-2047

Hi. My name is Steve, and I'm an Alcoholic.

steve77

Member ID
    CZCC-1820

heya! i'm steve, i'm 19 years old. i live in utah (though may be moving to texas in a few months) and i own a '73 240z, which i bought only 2 months ago. i found out about them from my friend, because he knew somebody who was selling one. it runs fine, but needs some work (she's 29 years old!) and has a little rust. i went from a stranger to a major fan. this website has helped me out a ton, and i've learned a ton about the cars since i joined the z club a little over a month ago! thanks everybody!!!
    **chocobosteve - '87 300zx **

Member ID
    CZCC-2047

Default Dang...Too many Steve's...

I'm a 'ph' though, the REAL kind!

Seems like a nice group here..... I am Stephen McConnell, 34, Leo, Married (second time)...two darling little girls, 8 and 18 mos.... General Building Contractor, wife owns an art gallery in San Luis Obispo (no, neither of us are artists)....Just have one Z, a shaved 77. Had a '78 a few years back...Just moved to Arroyo Grande from being in Sacramento for quite a few years....Started a Z Club upon arrival here; it is going well....Besides desperately trying to infect everyone I contact with Z Fever, my hobbies are wine, winemaking, food, cooking.....

steve77
    Central Coast Z Car Club

HLS30165540
    Member ID
    CZCC-1052

Yes my name is Ed. I live in San Diego and will be moving to S.C. Next month. I have 2 daughters and I have been married for 13 years. I own a '73 that has kept me busy for a couple of years now. This is my first Z and I hope that I can keep her for a while. Hope to see you So Cal guys at the MSA show on May 5th.
    The 1973 240Z 165540 Slightly modified. L28, 5sp, cam, headers, MSD 6AL, power windows, power door locks, leather seats, custom this and custom that.

Member ID
    CZCC-2125

Lightbulb Finally!

Hi guys,

Man, that took a while to read all of those posts! The only problem with wading through that lot is that I now want to go back into the shed and keep working on the Z

Anyway, my name is Ross, I'm not quite married (but she's pushing ), two cats, two mortgages, one Zed, an Isuzu Bellet and a Holden Gemini (Chevrolet Chevette or Pontiac T1000 in America, and the Vauxhall Chevette in the UK or Opel Kadett I think... ) and I really don't have enough time!

I'm only 23 so I seem to be amoung the minority on here, but I do work in IT, doing technical support for one of Australia's biggest banks. I run most of the EFTPOS network for afore mentioned bank and have just started doing a CCNA.

I race a Holden Gemini with a DOHC Efi 2L in it at the local circuit down here, and I think a T3 is in the works. Where's here I hear you ask? I'm down in sunny Adelaide, in South Australia which I think I saw a couple of other guys on here who are local? Small world

I've been working on my 260Z 2 + 2 for a little while now but I'm not really getting anywhere as I've just bought a house which doesn't have a shed... I'm also in the market for a 240z or 260z as a daily driver so if anyone has one.... Drop me a line.

Oh, well. Hope to pick your brains soon for info as the engine has finally died and I think a rebuild is in order.

Thanks,
    Ross.

Name:	datto - shed.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	371  

Member ID
    CZCC-2125

Damn wrong picture, lets try this one...

Name:	datto - shed.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	373  

Member ID
    CZCC-1243

It looks so lonely :(

Welcome here. I see us AUssies are slowly taking over >:) Good to see our plan for world domination is going well... mwauahhaaha

Member ID
    CZCC-2125

That's it! Along with the blood sucking Koala's that seem to be popping up in popular culture (ie the Simpsons) nothing can stop us!

Member ID
    CZCC-1965

Default qui suis-je ?

Hello, I'm Fred from the stinky cheese French country.
    My Z is a 1973 green, green, very green z240.

I have been maried since 12 years, and have 4 girls (ouch!!!) one 10 years old and three 6 years old, yes triplets.
    I am far from being the boss in my house, otherwise I would have 3 mikunis and 2 daughters, what women wants...
    In my spare times, I have founded a french Z club with a bunch of fanatics, 16 members now, still growing.

By the way, frenchs can't help it, I took my beast head off...
    ... but I plan on putting it back.
    vive la Franze, vive les Z, vive ZmeFly

Member ID
    CZCC-2047

What a great colour car!...and I love the Avitar...saved it to my growing Z picture screensaver, but it was pretty pixelated. Nice to see some Frenchies here...I ws beginning to wonder if there were any. Does your group have a web site?

steve77

Member ID
    CZCC-1965

Thumbs up not yet

No web site for now, but I am working on it...
    Thank you very much for your support, Fred

Member ID
    CZCC-1340

Default Re: not yet

Originally posted by Caen Fred
    No web site for now, but I am working on it...
    Thank you very much for your support, Fred
    It sure is a great color. For a moment I thought it was the car of Sean Dezart!

Guus
    Z-point

Member ID
    CZCC-1965

Default small planet

Well, guus your the sherlock Holmes of the Z comunity.

It is the former Sean Dezart car.
    After years of probation, he finaly agreed to let another honest Z car maniac like me have a dance with his baby.
    So now it's mine, and beware you can dace with her but I am the one taking it to the floor now ...

See you in France ? Fred

Member ID
    CZCC-1340

Default Re: small planet

Originally posted by Caen Fred
    Well, guus your the sherlock Holmes of the Z comunity.

It is the former Sean Dezart car.
    After years of probation, he finaly agreed to let another honest Z car maniac like me have a dance with his baby.
    So now it's mine, and beware you can dace with her but I am the one taking it to the floor now ...

See you in France ? Fred
    Fred,

I had plans to come to france but at the same time I had to drive a rally training. But next time I will be there you can count on me.
    I thought Sean had crashed his car into a ditch? It's a great 'flying' car. He, Sean, got ones the black flag at the circuit Zandvoort, the reason way (?) you have to ask him! But we had a great time that day.

I still like to have a greater picture of your JPS logo, is that possible?

Guus
    Z-point

Member ID
    CZCC-2123

Default better late than never....

My name is Matt i am 18 a senior in high school, and i hate ricers with a passion....which is why i have the Z

I am currently an active member of the Florida State Army National Guard, i spend most of my time driving around my 85 300zx and wishing for an earlier model...

My dad owned a 1979 280Z when i was born ( i came home from the hospital with the baby seat strapped to the handle for the storage bin ) and when i turned 17 and got my licence my quest for the Z began.

The first car wa a set back paid $300 for a 1974 dodge dart sport that wasn't running......re-built the carb, got it running, sold it for $1250 and laughed all the way to the bank.

After that was a camaro, and then....i found it, i traded a 1985 camaro for a non-running 1982 280zx turbo 5 spd, black, T-tops, and an interrior that was impossible to despypher the color of...

well i blew it up and now have the 300 and i'm just waiting for my sign on bonus and then i'll have the new Z

Hopeuflly a 72 73 240, or an early 260.

Matt

sorry so long

Member ID
    CZCC-1609

Default Re: better late than never....

Originally posted by WishN4DaZ
    i hate ricers with a passion....which is why i have the Z
    amen to that Matt! i just cant stand all these little 4-cylinder hondas/acuras with that crappy sounding exhaust zippin around...all the while they think they're hot **** until i blow em out of the water with my 31 year old Z. Man you should see the look their faces...
    its a Z thing...u wouldnt understand

Member ID
    CZCC-1863

Cool

I'm Louie from Seguin, Texas near San Antonio. 48 years old with two sons, 16 and 25, and a non-car person wife. She got fairly mad when I bought my 74 260 back in january. She got even madder when I bought a second 74 260 two months later. The first car is already running but we are still working out the electrical bugs. Paint shop right after that. Both are project vehicles but very rust free. I'm keeping an eye out for a 71-73 240Z. I am a mechanic (instructor) but I still can use help with lots of Z specific issues.

I've always loved cars and have several daily drivers and two other "classics." How does a 62 nova convertible (V-8) and a hemi-powered Desoto sedan sound. I also have a couple of stalled projects (64 Mercedes sedan and 73 Hornet X fastback) and a dragrace (very slow 13.50's) buick big block sedan.

I had a 73 240 about 8 years ago but sold it to finance other projects.(home). I think the young man that bought it wrecked 1 month later. I plan on keeping these two much longer unless I find a 240.

Louie

Member ID
    CZCC-1264

Default Louiem

Welcome, Louie.

I live just down the street from you (well sort of, in a world-wide-web kind of distance)! I live over by Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. Maybe I'll see at the next Z-Sport meeting in June right before the Convention.

KMack
    San Antonio, Tx

Member ID
    CZCC-2234

This place is so cool. I am 33 and have a dog and a Z. I live in CA.

Grommitz

Member ID
    CZCC-2216

Talking

Hi all,

Since we are doing the brief history of my life thing ....

I am a 27yr old living in Dunedin New Zealand, which makes this page's international coverage pretty impressive I think. I work as an Envrionmental Scientist for a local consulting company.

I recently (1 week ago) bought a 1980 280Z with 97 000 k's on it .... I am driving it this week then its off into the garage for a ground-up re-build. Should be good fun. Previous restorations have included Ford (Mercury to those in the USA) Capris and other 1970's Fords.

Any other Kiwis out there??

Cheers, Ross
    Ross Thompson
    Dunedin
    NEW ZEALAND

Member ID
    CZCC-1243

280Z's were never delivered to NZ, where they?

And if so, how come they skipped Australia!!!

Member ID
    CZCC-1887

Talking my turn I guess

I own a Late '73 the born on date is 8-73 . She just turned 200K and is running great altho the engine and tranny were rebuilt about 100k miles back. Running great with early SUs and a 79zx Ignition. I am '64 and have been into cars since I was 16 and bought my first car, a 2 yr. old 52 chev . and a year later I bought a '32 three window Ford . I married my present wife 43 yrs ago and we have raised our 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls . oldest is our son '41 and youngest '35 . So far I am the oldest posting here, which dosent make me feel young thats for sure. I have wanted one of these cars since '70 when one of my co workers bought one, and it was love at first sight. I had to wait a while untill the kids were all grown and I could afford another hobby and had the time and place to keep it. Well I purchiced my '73 two yrs ago and have been mostly just driving it. It would hardly run when I bouhgt it but after a complete tune it runs like a watch. I was born and raised in Van Nuys Calif. suburb fo L A . I was withe the L.A. Fire Dept . for 22+ yrs. and retired in 1984 and we all moved to Portland Ore. and love it , the wet does get boring about this time of year. Back to the Z . I am in the process of replacing the floor on the passanger side and stripping out the interior and pulling the engine to detail the engine bay. Hope to have the car painted this summer. At present my plan is to get the z down to a rolling shell and have the inetrior and engine bay sanblasted , repair what is needed and installing a '82 280zx engine that is on a stand at present. It has been interesting reading the posts from all over world. I want to thank all for all the help you have given me in the past. I know V-8s but these little 6s are a horse of a different color. My best to all . Gary
    I'd rather die while I am living than live while I am dieing. CZC 1887 IZCC 12602 Member of NorthWest Z Car Club

Member ID
    CZCC-2216

Default Z's in NZ

In reply to Alfadog...

I think some 280Z's were imported new into NZ (I'm sure someone out there knows)...

... but most (like mine) were imported used from Japan in the late 80's/early 90's. Is this the last corner of the world where Z's are really cheap? looked at a running (road-worthy and driven daily)280Z for $400 NZ yesterday ... thats <$200US!!

Ross Thompson
    Dunedin
    NEW ZEALAND

Member ID
    CZCC-945

Greetings all,

My name is Richard Gray and I am the proud owner of a '71 240z (silver w/black interior). I am currently unemployed and was in the hi-tech industry before I got tired of companies going out of business under my feet. I call Santa Cruz, CA my home and am happy to see other Z enthusiasts around town.

I think I first got interested in Z's when I got to ride in my uncle's 240z back in the early 70's. He had a nice '70 240 that was very close to what I have now. The only difference was he had a front air dam and rear louvres. He used to live in Las Vegas (musician back in the early days of the strip) and told me stories of his 100+ mph travels across the desert. He was most impressed with the air dam at higher speeds keeping the car under better control.

Anyway, back in the days when I had extra money, I decided to purchase a new toy and came across a guy in Oregon who had decided to retire. Turns out, he owned a Nissan repair shop...how bad could his car be, right? After several emails, I hopped a plane to Oregon with a cashiers check in my pocket. I am happy to say that I had a REALLY great drive back to Santa Cruz from the Eugene area. The car is almost completely stock. When I have the time, I would like to do a frame up restore. Until that day, I enjoy driving Hwy 17 and the many mountain roads outside of town.

Hobbies include disc golf, fly fishing, kayacking, mt biking and driving fast. :-) I am not married (thank god), have a dog, cat, gecko and lots of fish.

Happy driving and keep the dirty side down...
    rg

Thread Information