Thread: Brake line clamps

Member ID
    CZCC-4881

Default Brake line clamps

Hey Guys,
    I am replacing the rigid brake lines on my Z. The thing is I need those clamps that hold the lines onto the car on the underbody. They are just basicly something to keep them from flapping around and posssibly braking or something. Whenever I have gone to Autostores to ask for them though , nobody knows what the heck I am talking about. Does anyone know the real name for this part or if it is common to be able to pick them up somewhere?

SuDZ
    1974 260Z - A work in progress
    My CarDomain site for my Z

Member ID
    CZCC-1499

Are you talking about the metal strap that holds the lines into the chassis brackets or the rubber pieces that go around the lines to keep them secure in the brackets?

The rubber pieces are probably NLA, and the metal tabs may be also. Your best bet would be to check with Chloe at MidwestZ, if anyone can get them, I'd say it would be her.
    If not, then probably getting them off a parts car is about the only other solution unless you want to try fabbing them up yourself.
    "If it weren't for fools, the rest of us could not succeed." Mark Twain.

Member ID
    CZCC-5906

Victoria British doesnt offer those anymore. I dont know about Motorsport Auto. Maybe a dealer item if they can still get them.

Chris
    1973 240Z HLS30-156693

Member ID
    CZCC-4881

Alright I will try those places to see if anyone has them. Worst comes to worse maybe I can just rig something up to hold them in place.

SuDZ

HLS30165540
    Member ID
    CZCC-1052

Those pieces don't seem too hard to fab up if you can't find them. Mine are at the platers right now. If you need it I can take a picture of them when I get them back to give you an idea of what they look like.
    The 1973 240Z 165540 Slightly modified. L28, 5sp, cam, headers, MSD 6AL, power windows, power door locks, leather seats, custom this and custom that.

Member ID
    CZCC-4881

Originally posted by Ed
    Those pieces don't seem too hard to fab up if you can't find them. Mine are at the platers right now. If you need it I can take a picture of them when I get them back to give you an idea of what they look like.
    I found something that _might_ work. It is exhaust strapping. It comes in long strip that have holes in them every couple inches. If I can just take that and bend it in a U like way so that it holds things in place I can put the screw through the hole. This might work out for me.

SuDZ

Thread Information