Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headlight Upgrade Harness's For Sale (again!)

Member ID
    CZCC-4376

Dave,
    I installed both harnesses this afternoon and checked them out this evening after dark and I can SEE my gauges!! No more checking my speed by the light of the street lights! The difference in the headlights is amazing I can acutally see where Im going.
    Thanks for making such a great and valuable product available to us.

Best,
    H Houghton

240Z Elec. Upgrade guy Zs-ondabrain's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-4921

glad to help, I think thats what I'm here for.

Guess who picked up a 79' zx 5-speed and driveline for $77 yesterday???

Give up ? It's ME.

I love pull-a-part yards, they rock.

Dave
    Rate my Z at Car Domain.com
    My 70' 240Z, Daily Driver

My Parking Light and Headlight Upgrade Harness's at MotorSport Auto
    HLH - PLH - SCP - ZXP's at MSA *They accept PayPal!!*
    Headlight Upgrade Harness info here at ClassicZCar Club
    HLH info at CZCC Do a search for info on the other upgrades I offer.

Member ID
    CZCC-6478

Dave,

I got the harness yesterday and it looks awesome! I'm hoping to install it this weekend. OBTW I also got the Alternator Adapter from Arnie in the box. Are you two working together?

Cheers,

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

The manufactuer that he uses lives REAL close to me, so I shipped it for him.
    Sorry they could'nt get there faster. I tried

Member ID
    CZCC-11265

does anyone happen to supply a whole wiring harness including fusebox for the Z? i know of the universal ones like the EZ Wiring one but didnt know if there was a harness made just for the Datsun.

Member ID
    CZCC-8596

Quote Originally Posted by Zs-ondabrain
    The manufactuer that he uses lives REAL close to me, so I shipped it for him.
    Yeah, REAL close.
    Arne - Former owner, HLS30-37705, 7/71, 905 Red
    Car blogs - 240Z - Porsche 911

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Thought you might like that Arne!

Member ID
    CZCC-5387

Spdkilz02 - Try Charlie Osborne of Zeddfindings for used wiring harnesses and fuseboxes - he usually has a few available... his email is zeddfind@kos.net
    and webpage is http://www.datsunzparts.com/

GWGarrard

Member ID
    CZCC-8596

Quote Originally Posted by spdkilz02
    does anyone happen to supply a whole wiring harness including fusebox for the Z? i know of the universal ones like the EZ Wiring one but didnt know if there was a harness made just for the Datsun.
    I went through this recently, had to replace my car's dash harnesses and fusebox. There are no aftermarket harnesses that are custom for Z's. Worse, there are piles of different choices for different years of Z's as well. You will need to figure out which harness your car has, and then hunt down good used ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ggarrard
    Spdkilz02 - Try Charlie Osborne of Zeddfindings for used wiring harnesses and fuseboxes - he usually has a few available...
    I tried Charlie in my search for harnesses. Unfortunately for me, what I needed was the same as he needs for his current personal resto project, so he wasn't willing to part with any until he knows that his car is OK. I got mine from John at Bad Dog Parts. Parts were good, and the price was right.

Member ID
    CZCC-4376

This guy does end to end restoration of your harness and swirches but he wants Large $$$$$
    Patrick Restorations

azariara@cs.com
    phone 760-522-1555

He is iin Escondido,CA

Luck,
    H Houghton

Member ID
    CZCC-8596

Quote Originally Posted by vercingetorix
    This guy does end to end restoration of your harness and swirches but he wants Large $$$$$
    Patrick Restorations

azariara@cs.com
    phone 760-522-1555

He is iin Escondido,CA

Luck,
    H Houghton
    I've seen their work - it is first class. And I have bought an E12-80 ignitor from them as well, great people to deal with. But it was like $750 to have my dash harnesses restored, I ended up replacing it with a good used one for $75 or so.

But for a concours level restoration the harnesses they do are near perfect.

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

For those of you who are still interested in a harness but can't afford it till late april....Good news!

I will be bringing some to the MSA event on the 28th, 29th, and 30th of April in Orange, CA. They will be sold at a slight discount, especially to those who are not normally members of this site.

It will help spread the word about the harness's and about ClassicZcars.com and all the great products, people and help that they'll find here on this site.

I just posted a Pic. of me and Leah (the wife) in the gallery to help people find us while we're at the event.

So if you want one before then, let me know, or wait till the event, where I'll have about 10 of each product available to the open public.

Member ID
    CZCC-9360

Default Christmas at Adam's house

Woohoo! I got home yesterday from a very long work day only to find out that Christmas had arrived early here in Santa Cruz. And without any warning at all. And what did I get for being such a good little boy? Nice new Zondabrain Headlight and Tail Light harnesses, as well as an MSD 6AL.

Nice job on the harnesses there Dave. Excellent craftsmanship all around. I was expecting a heads-up when you shipped them so this package caught me by surprise. Thanks for making a crappy day a little brighter.
    =Enigma=
    CZCC#9360
    4/73 - HLS30-156236

My name is Adam and I'm a Zeeoholic!

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

That's what I'm here for, Making things brighter. (Headlights, parking lights and spark)

Dave.

Member ID
    CZCC-2300

Quote Originally Posted by dogma420

Dave-- possibly a suggestion would be to make an alternative wiring harness with no ends for 260 and 280 folks, with the price cheaper. I know this probably flies in the face of your policies (it probably would mine) but I'm pretty biased being a 240 owner only.

The 260/280 people should have some kind of access to your harness. It's definitely worth $125 and then they could go find connectors at the junkyard from a junker to make it plug and play...or they might not even care about modifying the wiring...

But if you were to take off the price/labor of connecting those connectors that are only on the 240z, that would make the harness much cheaper? I think it might be something to consider for the 260/280 people, as these cars I feel have pretty much the same rights the 240 does to quality parts. Well, not equal, but close...just kidding.

Dave, have you considered making something up for us 260-280 guys?

I have a early 260 with the round plugs at the headlights, but I have a extra harness to swipe the conectors off of to keep from taking them off my current harness in use.

Can you do one up for me please...??

thanks - joel
    ~joel

True OEM HID Retrofit

Click for^^ rb26dettZ pics

Member ID
    CZCC-11372

Any word whether it will work on a 78 280Z? I'm interested.
    Thanks
    Bryan

Member ID
    CZCC-11293

Quote Originally Posted by 74260zt
    Dave, have you considered making something up for us 260-280 guys?- joel
    They made cars after 73?
    72 240Z
    HLS3082152

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2980390

73 240Z
    HLS30125656 R.I.P.

Member ID
    CZCC-2300

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
    They made cars after 73?
    Yea, and better ones even......
    ~joel

True OEM HID Retrofit

Member ID
    CZCC-8596

I talked to Dave today, he is still on the road (coming home from MSA), so I'll answer this for him. The headlight harness as it is built now will fit any Z that uses the rectangular 3-wire connector going to the headlights. The 280Zs used a round connector that Dave has been unable to source. I don't know which type the 260Zs used, but since Dave has always claimed compatibility with 240Zs only, I'm guessing the 260Zs also use the round connector.

So as far as I know, there is no way for Dave to branch out into the 260/280Z arena with the same 'plug-n-play' unit.

Member ID
    CZCC-7130

I'll bet, if someone can find a source for those round connectors for Dave he'd do it!

Or, Dave may be able to include the other end of the 240 connector for his harness and limit the amount of "extra" work to a connector swap for the 260/280z crowd.

Anyway, I'm totally miffed that I missed Dave at MSA, but I spent the better part of the show trying to scrounge up some transportation for the VERY slightly dented NOS OEM hood I picked up for my 240Z for $50...

If anyone is wondering, yes, the hood WILL fit in the back of a 240Z as long as you don't mind driving around hunched over with the hood resting on the top of your seat's headrest!
    Last edited by lww; 05-03-2006 at 03:07 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-2300

Thats why I included in my post asking Dave to build me one, that I have a extra harness to gladly give up the round connectors off of to make me one....
    ~joel

True OEM HID Retrofit

Member ID
    CZCC-8596

Quote Originally Posted by lww
    If anyone is wondering, yes, the hood WILL fit in the back of a 240Z as long as you don't mind driving around hunched over with the hood resting on the top of your seat's headrest!
    Reminds me of how I found out on the spur of the moment that a 240Z rear hatch will fit (just barely) in the back seat of a '96 328i.

Member ID
    CZCC-11460

I saw your setup at the show, I have the same thing on my Volvo 240 and it works great. I'll get one from you in a couple of weeks.

Member ID
    CZCC-7130

Independant plug for Dave and a little post whoring...

After seeing the quality of Dave's original harness, I plan to buy another one (I already have two for my 240z's) for the '75 280Z I'm lookin' for.

Snipping a couple of wires to get the rectangle connector is a small price for the piece of mind this thing gives me and the fact that my return caravan made me lead because no one could handle the brightness from my Cibie H4 headlights with Narva 100/55W bulbs!

And that was on the LOW beam setting! When I was leading and turned on the HIGH beams, everyone could see a LONG way down the road. Lord help those in front of me if I ever decide to get the 130/100W bulbs...

My switch and fusebox never even got warm to the touch and this was a 6.5 hour straight drive with only one stop for gas... Gotta love the mpg potential on these old cars!

Dave's harness, good lenses and bulbs will change the way you feel about driving your Z at night.

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Thanks for the Great "plug" Mike. Now I know why every one gets out of my way when I'm going down the freeway. And I know that my exhaust does'nt help the sinus's but I'm also guessing that people did'nt like following me after I hit the brakes a couple of times. (L.E.D. tail lights)

After a 2400 mile round trip, you tend to notice the little things that other people do as your cruising down I-5 at 80 or 90 mph.

I got so many compliments on the harness's and LED tail lights while at the MSA event that my foot got tired from hitting the brakes while in the parking lot for all those who wanted me to "Hit the brakes again" and the now famous "Are those LED'S? DAMN Dave, those are nice, and bright"

I took 8 Headlight harness's and 7 parking light harness's and sold them ALL in about 2 hours. And it helped to spread the word about the harness's and Tail lights.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

As for the Question about integrating the (black, round 3-pin) 260Z parking light plugs into the MY Headlight harness, YES I can do that!!!

I need the 2 Male? plugs that are attached to the stock harness and I ALSO need 1 headlight side plug that attaches to those plugs. (as an input for the relays)
    Make sure that you give me at least 5 inches of pigtail when you cut the plugs off the harness. Send the plugs and the $125 money order to me at the address that is posted through out the forums. Use the link in my signature to get the address.

I CAN MAKE A UNIVERSAL HARNESS for those who don't mind cutting into there stock wiring harness. I can also make a pigtail that wires into the 280 and 260 wiring by use of butt connectors and uses 240Z plugs (I charge $25 for the 4 extra pigtailed plugs) I will also give you somewhat detailed instructions on the installation of the pigtails. After you install them, you'll be able to reconnect the plugs if you decide to remove the harness. They'll just be 240 plugs but will serve the same purpose.

Don't get me wrong guys, I almost think that 260 and 280Z's are as important as 240Z's (almost) But I keep you guys in mind with the hopes of coming up with solutions for all of our electrical and lighting issues that Datsun/Nissan left us to deal with 28+ years later.

Dave.

P.S. MikeW now has a set of LED tail lights and you can now get a second opinion as to the lights quality and affectiveness. Thanks again MikeW!!

Member ID
    CZCC-7130

No problem Dave, and I won't even hold it against you that I'm not MikeW!

PM me pics of your LED tail lights if you've got 'em.

That's got to be a nice compliament to your tail light relay harness!

Member ID
    CZCC-11293

Post up on the LED's (pictures, info, etcetera) if you would Dave. The tailight view of my Z is what most people see anyway! hehehe.
    72 240Z
    HLS3082152

73 240Z
    HLS30125656 R.I.P.

Member ID
    CZCC-3294

I'll take a picture of mine tonight and post it here.
    -Mike
    Add your Z to my online spreadsheet registry

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW
    I'll take a picture of mine tonight and post it here.
    Thanks Mike. And Here's the link to the first page of the forum, when I first started selling them.
    http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20862

Click on the links on the first thread. A good view of them in action is the "posi-burn out" video. It takes a minute to load but is almost worth it.

Dave.

Member ID
    CZCC-10327

Quote Originally Posted by Zs-ondabrain
    snip ...

I CAN MAKE A UNIVERSAL HARNESS for those who don't mind cutting into there stock wiring harness. I can also make a pigtail that wires into the 280 and 260 wiring by use of butt connectors and uses 240Z plugs (I charge $25 for the 4 extra pigtailed plugs) I will also give you somewhat detailed instructions on the installation of the pigtails. After you install them, you'll be able to reconnect the plugs if you decide to remove the harness. They'll just be 240 plugs but will serve the same purpose.

Don't get me wrong guys, I almost think that 260 and 280Z's are as important as 240Z's (almost) But I keep you guys in mind with the hopes of coming up with solutions for all of our electrical and lighting issues that Datsun/Nissan left us to deal with 28+ years later.

As a 280z owner and the user of Dave's headlight harness I can say it's a good match. The headlights are much brighter and it works out great. You can also borrow the headlight plug from a parts car or junker so you don't need to cut your own plugs ...
    -Gregg Germer -

1975 280z - HLS30-210542
    My 280z's Webpage - http://www.gregggermer.com/280z.htm - a chronicle of it's transformation

Member ID
    CZCC-3294

Sorry this took so long. I tried to shoot a short movie but even a few seconds came out to 8MB and the limit for attachments here is 1MB. Here's a still shot of the brake lights on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LEDTaillights.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	12342  
    -Mike
    Add your Z to my online spreadsheet registry

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Do you have a shot of just the parking lights? How do you like 'em?
    On a dark road, do you look in the rear view mirror just to see EVERYTHING light up when you hit the brakes? I do it all the time!!

Beware of huge chrome bumpers on semi-trucks. Ya hit the brakes and might blind yourself

Looks good,
    Dave.

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Just a reminder, The upgrade harness's are still for sale. They are $125 and the parking light harness is $37.

I do combine shipping if you order both or multiple harness's.

Dave.

Resident Insomniac
    Member ID
    CZCC-5982

It has been a few months since there were any posts to this thread... I was just wondering if anyone had found the connectors for the 280s? If not, then the only option is to get the required connectors from the j-yard and send them with payment?
    Drive it like you stole it.

'75 280Z (my baby)- '07 350Z (daily driver)- '86 944 Turbo (Track Car)

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

That's one possibility. Here's another..........

This is to all 280Z owners who want a headlight upgrade harness. There are only 2 possibilties for you to get a harness from me. I don't like to build harness's for the 280Z because of the whole plug thing, or lack there of.

A) if you do NOT wish to cut into your existing harness to instal the 280Z headlight upgrade harness, you must find........
    1) of the headlight pigtail plugs that normally come from the headlight to the stock harness
    2) of the plugs that are attached to the stock harness. When you cut them from the stock harness. Try to get at least 3 inches of wire with each plug. Send the 3 plugs and a $125.00 money order to me. The info is in the begining of this thread.

B) If you don't mind cutting into your Stock harness to install my upgrade harness, then send me a $125 M.O. along with these measurements....

1) How many inches from the positive battery post down to the frame, then over to where you want the relay pack, following the frame?

2) How many inches from where the relay pack will be to the right headlight plug. Don't forget to give up some slack?

3) How many inches from where the relay pack will be to the Left headlight plug? Remember to follow the Stock wiring so you can use the existing wire clamps.

The upgrade harness will be made to your specifications so make sure you double check your measurements. The Harness will come with blue butt-connectors so that you can crimp my harness onto your existing wiring. I'll even include detailed instructions on what wires go where.

Let me know what you think,

Dave.

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

And here's one more thing to keep in mind.

If all of you 280Z owners who want the upgrade harness would get together you could do this........

If you order a raw upgrade harness to install in your 280Z and you're going to CUT your plugs off to do so... Send me the plugs so that somebody who does'nt want to cut theres can use YOUR PLUGS!!!!!!!

GREAT IDEA HUH?? I learned about sharing in grade school.

think about it,
    Dave.

Member ID
    CZCC-3356

Weren't you also working on a dash light harness using LEDs? What happened to that?
    '70 240Z - HLS30-08215 - Production Date 8/70
    '70 240Z - HLS30-06293 - Rusty and has Identity Crisis (must have been wrecked and the back 1/2 sectioned in from a later car maybe even a 280Z)...PARTS CAR!
    '71 240Z - HLS30-018482 - Production Date 1/71,Corvette Yellow, driven under a 4Runner, bought for parts, hit lotto with parts on car, may fix and put back on road

My Photo Gallery

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Quote Originally Posted by texasz
    Weren't you also working on a dash light harness using LEDs? What happened to that?
    I believe that was Will or someone else. I had suggested the use of LED's but some one brought up some good solutions from another sight. I think?

Member ID
    CZCC-4106

Yes, leds for the dash is opne of the projects I started, but a while back I came to the conclusion that if my car didn't come first, I was a more a vendor and not so much an enthusiast0not that you can't be both, but my car wasn't getting done for all of the projects. I will finish all of the projects, and make either my finding available, but only after my car is ready and in need of them-I really don't want to go to another Z show in a Volvo...
    Will
    A Z is beautiful from any angle, I just happen to prefer to view from the drivers' seat!

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

I totally understand that one Will. That's one of the reasons I haven't been pushing the harness's too hard lately. I'm trying to make sure I have time for myself to have the car the way I want it for next years Z Nationals in Cali.

I've also been considering changing my dash light sockets to fit the wedge style bulbs because the options are a little more open when it comes to bulb variations.

Member ID
    CZCC-9870

you have a P.M.

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Just a quick update..

YES. I STILL MAKE THE

1) HEADLIGHT RELAY UPGRADE HARNESS'S. THEY ARE $125
    2) PARKING LIGHT RELAY UPGRADE HARNESS'S. THEY ARE $37
    3) 280ZX ALTERNATOR ADAPTOR PLUG. THEY ARE $15
    4) COMBO AND TURN SIGNAL SWITCH REBUILD SERVICE. IT IS $40 ($5 INCREASE BECAUSE OF SHIPPING)

5) L.E.D. TAIL LIGHT CONVERSION. STILL $225

6) VERY SOON I WILL BE DOING ENGINE HARNESS REPAIR, SERVICE AND UPGRADES AS WELL AS BUILDING BRAND NEW ENGINGE HARNESS'S STARTING WITH THE EARLY 240Z'S. (NO SET PRICES YET.)

BUMP

Dave.

Member ID
    CZCC-14107

Dave,

I just dropped a money order in the mail for headlight & parking light relay upgrade. I'm going to try and catch some overtime so I can get the tail light L.E.D. conversion done soon. Thanks for offering a great solution at a very reasonable price!

Member ID
    CZCC-844

Dave harnesses the power of the Z, hahahah, get it?
    Bryan Pilati
    1971 Datsun 240Z (8/71; 920 paint)
    IZCC #583; TZCC #16; CZC #110
    I'm never serious unless I should be.

Member ID
    CZCC-3312

Last week I installed Dave's headlight harness (in conjunction with rebuilt T/S and combo switches, and the parking light relay harness, both by Dave).

I have to say, all things considered, it was very easy to install. The difficulty I experienced was more a result of my setup than anything else, a stock Z should be no problem.

Firstly, some PO had VERY thoroughly wrapped all the connections at the front of the car in electrical tape. It took me a lot of time and scraped knuckles to gain access to the plugs I needed to swap out. The plugs for the kit were of course a direct fit with the originals, and made for a nice clean looking setup. I didn't have to cut or splice any wires together.

Secondly, I do not have a front valence - a PO replaced it with a fiberglass airdam at some point. Finding a good ground in my setup was not as simple as the stock case, but luckily I had installed one of the MSA A/C kits last year, and had some good brackets holding the condenser on to attach my ground wires to. I was hesitant to try for one of the stock bolts or screws accessible in the area around the plugs because they all had paint around them, and given that I live in an apartment and go to college full-time, I do not have all the creature comforts of a fully decked out garage (not even a dremel tool) to get at some good bare metal.

I believe my headlights are brighter now, but they are still the dinky stock-spec lamps. I will probably be upgrading soon now that I know I wont burn up my stock wiring doing so with these harnesses in place.

I managed to install the kit using only a few screwdrivers, a leatherman tool, a handful of zip-ties, and a wrench for disconnecting the battery. The sockets of the harness even came well packed in dielectric grease to make sure the connections are protected when you just put them together.
    -Andrew

03/72 240Z HLS30-70xxx - R.I.P. 2011/01/04

Member ID
    CZCC-14107

The install was exceptionally easy. Great design & craftsmanship quality! Thanks.
    Owning a Z = Longtime Dream Come True...
    (Was) All Stock 1973 240Z eBay purchase in Oct 2005.
    HLS30-163770, 5 spd, # 918 Orange w/Black interior
    1971/72 ??? 240Z HLS30-15987 (donor car - R.I.P. July 09)
    1974 260Z Stock, Orange ext/Black Int. Oct 2007. Sold June 20, 2008
    1976 280Z - FEB 2011
    Card-carrying member of the RSPBRC (Rear Spindle Pin Bushing Replacement Club)

Member ID
    CZCC-7417

Quote Originally Posted by Zs-ondabrain View Post
    6) VERY SOON I WILL BE DOING ENGINE HARNESS REPAIR, SERVICE AND UPGRADES AS WELL AS BUILDING BRAND NEW ENGINGE HARNESS'S STARTING WITH THE EARLY 240Z'S. (NO SET PRICES YET.)

BUMP

Dave.
    Even sooner, I hope, you will be making the rear strut speak mounts.... Hope you haven't forgotten......
    George

73-240Z, Original Owner
    Triple Mikuni Carbs
    5-Speed
    3.90 Diffy
    2:58 inch Exhaust
    Tokico Shocks/Springs
    105 Amp Alt
    MSD 6A ignition/coil/wires
    4 Core Radiator
    McIntosh Audio

Member ID
    CZCC-844

I installed the new Parking Light harness, and it worked great. One thing though, the wire from power to relay might be bit long. I had to coil up the extra, but it's not a problem. Getting that wire through the grommet/boot was a b*tch. You have to go inside and move the harness a bit to the side once you get the wire started or it will never go through. Better too much than too little.
    Thanks Dave.
    Bryan Pilati

Member ID
    CZCC-14083

For the parking light harness, I went through the firewall holes drilled in for the dealer installed air conditioning. That was drilled through under the battery. Much easier than going through the wiring harness grommet and there is enough slack in the harness for the longer run.

Member ID
    CZCC-9889

Hi Dave, what can you say about the Black Dragon headligth harness?
    I thought to buy that one, but with all those commentaries......I do not know
    6/1973 240z; P30, ZN47, 5 spd and S.U. carbs

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Quote Originally Posted by chiquete View Post
    Hi Dave, what can you say about the Black Dragon headligth harness?
    I thought to buy that one, but with all those commentaries......I do not know

Well, First off, I just noticed that your signiture says 6/74' 240Z. Somethings wrong with that one. They only made the 240Z up to 10 of 73' You own a 260Z unless I'm severely missinformed.

As for your question, It's commonly asked and a good question. The Black Dragon Harness sucks ass!! Unless you feel like tearing into your headlight bucket, cutting a bunch of wires, dissasembling the BD harness in order to put their wires into your bucket, or even worse, cutting your engine harness in order to use their harness.

It's not a bad unit if the back of your headlights are exposed like a 510 or some older Toyota's. But on the Z's you cant just plug in their harness into any 240, 260 or 280Z that I know of, without cutting the crap out of it.

They are cheaper than mine but you also get what you pay for. Mine is a true Plug and play unit, theirs is not. Mine is built specifically for the 240Z theirs is NOT. Mine is guaranteed against failure, IE: if it fails to work or quits, I'll talk you through it or make the repair myself, free of charge. They won't.

Dave.

PS. all the info is in the first few post's of this thread. But you can always ask me thru an email if you can't find the answers in the 150+ posts here.

Member ID
    CZCC-9889

thanks for the information, I better buy your product, but in a few months more ... if it is so good for all the others, also it is it for me; thanks dave
    and yes, is a 73' 240z
    6/1973 240z; P30, ZN47, 5 spd and S.U. carbs

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

sounds like a good idea. And if your 24 0 was made before 3/73' and your combo switch has a 6-pin 3/8" X 1 1/4" white plug, Your Z will accept my parking light upgrade harness as well.

Just something to keep in mind when you decide to get the Headlight upgrade.

Dave.

Member ID
    CZCC-14107

Default Wiring Harness on eBay

Dave,

Don't know if you'd be interested in this or not but on eBay there is a wiring harness(es) or, as the ad states: "These are wire hernes for 1969-1973 Datsun 240Z. They were working just fine. I just pulled them out due to engine issues." with a "Buy it Now" price of $30. It's difficult to tell by the pics if it's junk or not & the description isn't that descriptive.

eBay wiring harness

Anyway, thought I'd let you know. The auction ends on May-28-07 19:59:59 PDT. Image
    Owning a Z = Longtime Dream Come True...
    (Was) All Stock 1973 240Z eBay purchase in Oct 2005.
    HLS30-163770, 5 spd, # 918 Orange w/Black interior
    1971/72 ??? 240Z HLS30-15987 (donor car - R.I.P. July 09)
    1974 260Z Stock, Orange ext/Black Int. Oct 2007. Sold June 20, 2008
    1976 280Z - FEB 2011
    Card-carrying member of the RSPBRC (Rear Spindle Pin Bushing Replacement Club)

Member ID
    CZCC-13517

Hullo All

I recently purchased the Upgrade Headlight and Parking Light Harnesses from Zs-ondabrain (Dave Irwin). I was able to fit the new harnesses pretty quickly, but had to modify the Headlight buckets and have new harnesses made up to connect Daves headlight harness to the H4 headlights I wanted to fit.

After a couple of days and visits to my local Auto Electrician I have a new set of H4 100/80 Narva Headlights fitted, which make a huge improvement to the 55/50 original sealed beams.

All the vehicles in the rest of our "fleet" run the 100/80 Halogen lights where possible, but we also use Hella Rally 4000 with 100 Watt halogen driving lights, where possible. So the 240Z is not as good as the rest of the vehicles, but dramatically better than standard.

The best lights are on our Lexus LS430, which has upgraded headlights and Hella HID Xenon driving lights added. I don't expect that the 240Z will receive that good a set of driving lights though!!

Thanks again to Dave Irwin for the ideas and the harnesses - and great help too!!

Regards, Jack

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Just a quick update to all who are interested..

I have 3 HLH's (headlight upgrade harness's) for the 240Z, in stock and ready to be shipped.

The HLH's are still $125 and are universal for ALL 240Z's

The PLH's (parking light upgrade harness) Are now $40. My supplier doubled the price of my supplies. They work on all 240Z's UP TO 3/73'

The ZXP's (280ZX alternator adaptor plug) are still $15 each and work on all 240Z's

I Still do the LED Tail Light Conversion for ALL 240Z's. The conversion is still $250. You send me your 240Z taillights and I convert them to LED. They are brighter, use less than 1/4 of the amperage and bring your Z into the 21st Century.

I also do the Combo/Turn signal Switch service. For $40, you send me your Combo and T/S switches and I rebuild them as a set. I clean up each switch, clean the contacts, fix any wiring issues, regrease them and send them back. ($75 for 2 sets)

I STILL don't take PayPal but I do take Money Orders, Casheirs Checks and Cash. Email me for shipping and Payment info at wolfin32z@yahoo.com

Dave.
    Last edited by Zs-ondabrain; 06-17-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

I have 3) 240Z headlight Relay Upgrade Harness's made and ready to be shipped right now. If you and a friend go in together, I'll knock $10 off the price of 2 and $15 off 3 harness's.

They are $125 each unless you buy 2 or more.

Email me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com for info or ordering.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave.

Member ID
    CZCC-11293

Chiquete,

The harness that Dave sells to the Z family are the schiznit. He's not selling them to feed his family, he's doing it for other Z lovers while getting a little for his effort. I sure as hell couldn't make one of those harnesses, but I sure as hell have one on my Z. It is a great product and really helps. Thanks again for your efforts Dave.

LED tailight conversion? Ohhhhhhh. You have my attention sir!
    72 240Z
    HLS3082152

73 240Z
    HLS30125656 R.I.P.

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Hey guys and gals,
    Just letting everyone know that the upgrade harness's are still available for the 240Z's. Nothing has changed (except for my suppliers prices) the HLH is still $125 and the PLH is $45.

ZXP's and SCP's are still $15 and $25. I still do the LED taillight conversion for the 240Z's for $250.

But this is not an advertizement, but more of a reminder for those who keep asking if the upgrades are still available. YES they are.

I've even added LED sidemarkers to the list for only $85 for all four.

But mostly I wanted to say thank you to every one who has ever added my upgrades to their Z's. I just wanted to help some people with the same problems I had with my Z but thanks to Mike, Arne, Will, Enrique, and countless others, I've added more upgrades to the list to help with the biggest problem these cars face on a daily basis, The electrical and lighting systems.

Thanks again everyone. You're helping me get the word out and helping get me and Leah to the MSA Z Nationals this year to do more of the same, HELP 240Z owners.

Much love,
    Dave (& Leah)

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Default *update*update*update*update*update*

I guess I should update this thread every so often to keep everybody up to date on parts, prices and availability. So here ya go...........

All of my upgrades are still available and better than before.
    All four electrical upgrades are now "Plug-N-Play"

The HLH or Head Light Upgrade harness is still $125 and only for the 240Z with white square connectors in front of the radiator.

The PLH or Parking Light Upgrade Harness is now $50 and is "Plug-N-Play" for ALL 240Z's (with the 6-pin combo switch connector)
    ALL 260Z's and the early 280Z's with the square 9-pin connector on the combo switch.

The ZXP is still $15 and for the 240Z ONLY. The ZXP allows you to Upgrade your 40 amp alternator to an internally regulated 60 amp 280ZX alternator.

The SCP's are still $25 and for the 240Z's ONLY. The SCP turns your front sidemarkers into blinkers when the turn signals are used. The 240Z front turn signals are too low to be usefull but the SCP allows others, on the side of you to see your turn signals blink. A great safety feature. you get 2, one for each side (L+R)

The CTS Service is now $60. The CTS is a Combo and turn signal switch service where I completely rebuild your switches as a pair. I do my best to bring them back to OEM specs, regrease everything, repaint when needed and replace worn parts to make your switches look their best and Operate like they are supposed to.

I still offer the .....
    LED side markers lights for $80
    LED Front marker light conversion for $125
    LED Taillight conversion for $250 for 240Z's and $300 for 260/280Z's

All the prices above include return shipping so the price you see is the price you pay. I also offer multiple item discounts, just ask me.

Dave
    wolfin32z@yahoo.com for shipping and payment info.

Member ID
    CZCC-17819

Does/why doesn't anybody make an upgraded, high quality complete harness setup for a 240 with factory type connectors?

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Because as far as I know or have been informed, there are 13 types of 240Z harness's alone. I have the supplies and the knowhow to make such a harness but set-up (wire purchase, connectors, terminals, wrap and tubing) would be expensive. And then there is the 13 types of engine harness's from late 69' to late 73" 240Z's.

Each harness would need to be torn apart and documented. BUT............. I have seen companies on Ebay selling full reproduced, exact replica's for $500 to $700. you just need to keep an eye out for them because they dissapear quickly.

Here's what I have for a 7/70' engine harness. It contains the exact measurements of each and every wire in the harness. Including Total length, connector in the passsenger side kick to the end point, wires that tap other wires, where they go, and the type of connector it goes to and the pin number.

L=Large S=small M=male F=female 1-6=pin # B=bullet QD= quick disconnect terminal

This is just for a starting point.
    Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zs-ondabrain; 12-12-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-17819

Here's what I have for a 7/70' engine harness. It contains the exact measurements of each and every wire in the harness. Including Total length, connector in the passsenger side kick to the end point, wires that tap other wires, where they go, and the type of connector it goes to and the pin number.

L=Large S=small M=male F=female 1-6=pin # B=bullet QD= quick disconnect terminal

This is just for a starting point.
    Dave.
    Dave, I actually have a 01/70 engine. Does that change thing?

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Not much, if any.

I forgot to ad that the later 240Z's (later 73's) Have the weird 260/280Z plugs that I don't have access to.

What's wrong with your harness, that you feel the need to replace it? Or are you just looking for options?

Dave.

Member ID
    CZCC-844

I purchase this and the marker light harness a couple years ago. I notice increased brightness right away. The most impressive thing about the harness was the workmanship. It is professional all the way, no company could make it any better, especially for the price. I know the history of this harness. Dave was taking a hit on labor and sometimes parts in the beginning when the price was lower. Unfortunately I waited too long to get that price. Anyway, you guys will be getting a top quality part by every standard.
    Bryan Pilati

Member ID
    CZCC-18571

Dave:

Gerat stuff there.

My 260 is a very early 1974 delivered in Oct 1973.

Do I need, or do you have, or do you do any kits for it. I am thinking it would be plus after I get my 105 alternator in and allow me to run better lights for the occassional evening drive home.

Thanks again.

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRider260Z View Post
    Dave:

Gerat stuff there.

My 260 is a very early 1974 delivered in Oct 1973.

Do I need, or do you have, or do you do any kits for it. I am thinking it would be plus after I get my 105 alternator in and allow me to run better lights for the occassional evening drive home.

Thanks again.
    Hopefully I can stop you right there. The 240Z as well as the 260Z's electrical system was designed for a 40 amp altrernator. You go and put 105 amps thru the system and you're just asking for trouble. Oliver at Z-Specialties can say all he wants about the benifits but I've seen the end results of a system that is not prepared for 160% more amperage tha stock.

You're now running a 1000 watt stereo system, 100 watt H4's, Foglights, driving lights, Neon, motorized accesories, Dual batteries, etc, etc. The most you need is the 280ZX 60 amp alternator. It bolts right in, it's not such a big shock to the system, and it looks totally stock. I'll help ya thru it.

The 105 alt. won't allow you to run better lights until you upgrade the headlight system with relays, like my set-up, more on that later.

Dave.

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

1) Having an alternator with a peak output of 105 amps - does not mean that you have 105 amps running though your entire electrical system.

2. Having a 12 volt battery capable of 150 amp output - does not mean that you have or need 150 amp running though your entire electrical system.

3) The components that use electric, will draw only what they need. If they short out, the fuse limits the amps flowing across the wires.

4) Peak output from the alternator is only one thing - - more practical to consider the alternators output at 800 to 1800 RPM - or its ability to replace the current drawn off the battery at low RPM's.

5. High output alternators are no problem for the stock wiring in the early Z's. Just make sure that when you add accessories, they are contained on their own individual new circuits and properly fused.

6) 1000 watt stereo's - might be better served with a second storage battery.

7) Self regulated alternators output only the current needed.. you would very rarely need or call on your alternator to supply 105 Amps. You would far more often need 30 amps at 1000 RPM.

Amps=Watts/Volts

1000 watt stereo/12.6 volts = 79.4 amp draw at peak power output.

100 watt headlights x 2 = 15.9 amps.

The 240-Z was originally equipped with a 35/40 amp alternator, because if you add up the power requirements of all components that require power in the stock system - it won't exceed 40 amps total.

At least that is the way I've always understood it....

FWIW,
    Carl B.

Member ID
    CZCC-18571

Dave:

Not to worry bud.

While I appreciate your concern, I am NOT going crazy with Hellas and ghetto blasters or anything. I know you have a lot of experience with the wiring on this car and I really appreciate all your help.

I just would like to add a few small things like lights that do work with your wiring, and a Datsun or normal aftermarket radio and cassette ( I still have the cassettes around ) to repalce the non working 5 Watt 8 track system in my car ! I will likely run its own fused power separate.

As Carl correctly stated I am looking at the output at lower revs - Thanks Carl for this post and ALL of your informative posts on CZ!

While the ZX alt system would work , AND it may be in the car now as when I was looking at the older SUN system test it measured the alternator output as 65amp so we will see, I would prefer the straight away install of the Z Specialties.

As for the relays - yes I would appreciate your suggestions. I run all the extra power systems of my motorcycles through relays for a lot of reasons.

On my BMW R1200 it has the CANBUS one wire computer controlled system on all its circuits so oyu can tell I have to be specific and controlled when adding things.

Thanks.

Member ID
    CZCC-18571

Dave:

Well I BELIEVE the connectors are black.

The previous owner did a great job with this car except in about four places

1. The front light hook ups with the bumper and what I believe is a 280 air dam. I will likely change thse out for some lights
    that are better looking and at least match the lenses.

Do you have any suggestions??

2. The overspray red into the front area as you can see. GRRRRR!

3. Cruddy aftermarket igntion.

3. He did not go ahead and take off these crappy flattop carbs and replace them with triple Mikunis for me !

Then what would I have to do????

The best I can tell they are black under the red. The car is manufactured in August 1973 and of course is a 1974 260.

Name:	2009-02-03Zlight 002.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	27967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009-02-03Zlight 003.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	27968   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009-02-03Zlight 004.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	154.3 KB 
ID:	27969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009-02-03Zlight 005.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	27970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009-02-03Zlight 001.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	225.6 KB 
ID:	27971  

Last edited by TexasRider260Z; 02-03-2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

What's that Brite stuff on the ground? It looks like sun but I haven't seen anything like that for months.....

Anyways.
    Yup, that's a late 260Z early to late 280Z spoiler. You're supposed to have a 240Z spoiler and lower marker lights like mine. Easy fix would be to buy the correct spoiler and new or used (more likely) lower lights. Couple hundred for the spoiler and lights together.

Those ARE black connectors under the red paint. Read your PM after I'm done with this post.

SHow us some good pics of the triples, intake, throttle linkage and what ever else he sent with the car. You'll need the full set of triples, Cannon or similar intake manifold, Correct throttle linkage, your 260Z came with a electric and manual fuel pump (unless the PO messed with it, so you're good to go there. You'll need to make or set up a fuel delivery hose system and hopefully the triples came with the correct fittings (2 "T" fittings and a single fitting) or 3) "T"s. Lets see what you got before we go too specific.

Dave

Name:	triple webbers triple linkage.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	27976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My new triple 40DCOE Webers 2 resized.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	27977  
    Last edited by Zs-ondabrain; 02-03-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-11808

Dave, I installed the uprade park lamp and headlamp harnesses today. They fit and worked great. Thumbs up from us on these wonderful products. It was great to meet you this weekend at Golden Gardens, hope to see you again soon.

"theres nothing to it, but to do it"

Steve
    10/70 240z
    91 300zx tt
    04 350z

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

It was a good surprise seeing you and Toni there. Glad you were able to the upgrades in and like the results. Most people do. With any luck, we'll see you and or Toni at Canby, hopefully we can get rid of the kids for the day.

Dave.

Supporting Member Zedyone_kenobi's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-16285

I just spent 30 minutes installing my Headlight Harness I promptly received from Mr. Zs.

Even though its been said before, I want to say what an out standing product this was. To make something seamlessly integrate into a 37 year old car is nothing short of amazing. This product surpassed my expectations and I could easily see it lasting another 37 years. Every detail about this product shows the time and dedication of the maker. I have done electrical work on cars and its painfully obvious when something was rushed. I cannot even imagine how many hours these things take to make but again. Its a part you can be proud of.

THe instructions were complete, and self explanatory. The harness fit as described.

Results. I was only purchasing this harness as I wanted to install some H4 style bulbs. Not some 100 watt madness, just something to help me see a tad better at night. I have not installed my new headlights, but initial impressions are that the cars lights are significantly brighter. But thats only half the story. If that is all this harness did, I would be happy. But I can honestly say, that my interior lights are 3x brighter. I am floored. I can see them light up in the day time. Needless to say I am happy!

Great product, great results.
    1971 240Z HLS30-38691
    93.9% done and getting better every day
    Now with 100% more DATSUN SPIRIT L28 Power
    1968 Datsun 2000 SRL311-03416

Member ID
    CZCC-8596

Quote Originally Posted by Zedyone_kenobi View Post
    I just spent 30 minutes installing my Headlight Harness....
    Guys, posts like these really belong in the Product Reviews section.

http://www.classiczcars.com/reviews/...oduct=12&cat=7

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Just an update / BUMP. These are still for sale both thru me and Motorsport Auto.
    The HLH or Healight relay upgrade harness is still $125
    The Parking light upgrade harness is still $50
    The ZXP or 280ZX alternator upgrade plug for the 240Z is still $15

Dave
    wolfin32z@yahoo.com

Member ID
    CZCC-14147

Dave-
    My loving wife bought me one of each for Christmas - I've got them all on but the car is on jack stands (due to the winter season and winter projects). I'm really stoked about spring and getting her out and driving at night!
    Life's a journey; enjoy the ride!

Mitchell
    L28 - N42 Block w/Flat tops - N42 Rebello Head & Cam - Triple 40 PHH Mikuni's - Headers - Recaro Seats -
    R180 3.9 Diff - Close Ratio 5 Speed - Toyota Vented Brake Upgrade w/ Porterfield High Performance Pads & Shoes

1972 Datsun 240z
    HLS30-75040

Member ID
    CZCC-21549

Still no luck on making this kit for 280zs? I get voltage drops like crazy with mine, with the headlights and brake lights on (meaning foot on the brake) I'm reading about 13.8 at idle

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Every once in a while, people send me donor plugs that they found in a junk yard. If you send me donor plugs, I can make you a plug and play Headlight upgrade harness.

PM me or email me using my address below in the signature. $150 for the 280Z Plug and Play HLH.
    Dave

Member ID
    CZCC-20649

Hi Dave. Zs Ondabrain. From NZ. Our cars down here are right hand drive as you are probably aware. I own a 72 240 and recently fitted H4 lights. Lights are good but the switch and wiring under the steering column is getting warm after 15-20 mins.
    These great little cars are getting scarce here, and I don't want to lose it due to a wiring fire.
    I obviously need a relay upgrade. My question is, would your relay harness plug in the same for left and right hand drives? I would assume so,I can't see any reason Nissan would have made the wiring from in the engine bay, forward,any different. Also I have purchased parts in the past from MSA, with great service,Four days from US to NZ Would probably buy your harness from them, unless YOU would post to NZ.

Cheers, Brian.
    Last edited by olzed; 05-28-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-21549

Every once in a while, people send me donor plugs that they found in a junk yard. If you send me donor plugs, I can make you a plug and play Headlight upgrade harness.
    It seems a few other cars of various vintages use these plugs ... I'm going to see what I can find this weekend, if the weather holds!

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Quote Originally Posted by olzed View Post
    Hi Dave. Zs Ondabrain. From NZ. Our cars down here are right hand drive as you are probably aware. I own a 72 240 and recently fitted H4 lights. Lights are good but the switch and wiring under the steering column is getting warm after 15-20 mins.
    These great little cars are getting scarce here, and I don't want to lose it due to a wiring fire.
    I obviously need a relay upgrade. My question is, would your relay harness plug in the same for left and right hand drives? I would assume so,I can't see any reason Nissan would have made the wiring from in the engine bay, forward,any different. Also I have purchased parts in the past from MSA, with great service,Four days from US to NZ Would probably buy your harness from them, unless YOU would post to NZ.

Cheers, Brian.
    Not a problem, I've sold about 10 to the U.K. and other parts of Europe for RHD 240Z's Just use the Left headlights plugs (in front of the radiator) for your input. You'll likely have to mount the relay pack on the left hand side with a self tapping screw or bolt.

Basically the same instal but the Upgrade harness will be on the left side instead of the right. MSA is your best bet. They can take credit or Paypal and ship worldwide, as you already know.

Dave

Member ID
    CZCC-20649

Thanks for that Dave. Will get one from MSA.

Brian

Member ID
    CZCC-21154

Hi Dave,

I am new to this forum. I have recently bought a 240z and I am excited to begin the restoration process. I stumbled upon this thread and can't believe how wonderful it is you are making these upgrades. Do you still have the HLH and PLH available for sale?

Thanks,
    Bryan

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Bryan,
    I still make and sell them. Email me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com for prices, shipping and info.
    Welcome to the club and the great world of Z's.

Dave

Member ID
    CZCC-1490

Bryan:

Contact MSA as they are the SPONSOR of our site that sells the items you've mentioned.

Folks, we have to help our sponsors or we won't have any.....

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Hence, My signiture, which is only a click away. Been there like that for a long time now. I figured the Red and Blue writing in the siggy would help it stand out but some just look at the post, and not the rest.

I point out the Sponsors a lot. Especially MSA and MM. Read Post 182 and 183.
    Dave
    Last edited by Zs-ondabrain; 06-29-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-16672

I know i am reviving this old thread but I just wanted to say thanks to Dave and give him another bump for his great headlight upgrade harness. It was one of the many little jobs I have put off for sometime. After much work I finally got it installed on the 1972. It is awesome, headlights are much bright and don't dim like the used too. Don't let the much work fool you that was more to do with myself learning and the previous owners wiring mischief including missing plugs, new spade connectors ridiculous amounts of electrical tape to remove without cutting the wires. Then myself tracking down a bad ground and at one point plugging it into a side marker which was hilarious (headlight blinking anyone). Don't miss the ensuring a good ground bit in the instructions.

Quick question Dave, where do you get those 3 wire plugs/ Looks like the mischievous wiring was caused mostly by replacement of one or two of the plugs with just spades and lots of electrical tape. I wouldn't mind sourcing a few and fixing this for the future.
    Cheers

JC

Current Project: 1971 Datsun 240z Series I - HLS30-14842
    Current drivers:
    1972 Datsun 240z - HLS30-69726
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    2010 Mazdaspeed3

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

No problem, and thanks for the "Thumbs up Bump"

I get almost all my upgrade harness plugs from these guys......
    http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm
    Click "Electrical" on the left panel and then click "connectors and Terminals" in the middle.

And don't forget to also order the terminals as well. I order my terminals by the 100's and connectors by the dozens.

By the way, if Anyone needs a whole bunch of Female 6-pin connectors, Just like the ones that plug into the ignition, voltage regulator, fan switch, combo switch (on the 240Z's) The smaller of the 2, the one that fits inside the larger one....

I have over 250 of them. 20 for $5 + Shipping (your choice of standard for $3 or Priority for $5)

Dave
    Last edited by Zs-ondabrain; 01-02-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

I was told by many folks here to keep this up to date.

Still selling the Headlight and parking light upgrade harnesses thru MSA.
    Still selling the ZX alternator upgrade plug and Sidemarker conversion plugs thru MSA

Still personally doing the LED taillight, front marker and sidemarker conversions, personally. $80 for the sidemarker inserts, $125 for the front marker light conversion and $275 for the 240Z taillight conversion. ($300 for the 260 and 280Z taillights.

Thanks again to all my current and past customers and a big welcome to new customers in the new year.

Happy New Year everyone,
    Dave

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

Gentlemen,
    I still make all the upgrades you are interested in.
    Motorsport Auto is still a great Sponsor for the site and Typically has them in stock and ready for you to purchase.

Please make sure you let them know that you saw the info for buying your upgrade HERE at CZCC!!

They NOW carry The.
    240Z Headlight Upgrade harness
    240Z 6-pin Parking light upgrade harness
    240Z/260Z/280Z 9-pin Parking light upgrade harness (For the S30's with a 9-pin Combo switch connector and Intermittent wipers.
    240Z Sidemarker Conversion Plugs
    ZX alternator adaptor plug for installing an 81' to 83' Internally regulated alternator into your 240Z.
    The DZ-Start Push button Keyless ignition system

All hand made by me and me alone, one peice at a time.
    If you have any questions on my products feel free to Call MSA or email me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com

Thanks again to all my previous customers and future customers.
    You help support the site and my family.
    Dave

Member ID
    CZCC-30930

Can payment can sent by paypal .

Member ID
    CZCC-24724

Read his signature info
    Last edited by siteunseen; 10-29-2014 at 03:10 AM.
    1972 240Z #918 New Sight Orange
    1977 280Z #305 Light Blue Metallic
    1972 240Z #110 Persimmons Red

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

**UPDATE**
    I still make all the upgrades you are interested in.
    Motorsport Auto is still a great Sponsor for the site and Typically has them in stock and ready for you to purchase.

Please make sure you let them know that you saw the info for buying your upgrade HERE at CZCC!!

They NOW carry The.
    240Z Headlight Upgrade harness (HLH)
    240Z 6-pin Parking light upgrade harness (6pin PLH)
    240Z/260Z/280Z 9-pin Parking light upgrade harness (For the 73' -76' S30's with a 9-pin Combo switch connector and Intermittent wipers. (9pin PLH)
    240Z Sidemarker Conversion Plugs (SCP)
    ZX alternator adapter plug for installing an 81' to 83' Internally regulated alternator into your 240Z.
    "NLA" The DZ-Start Push button Keyless ignition system (IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!)

All hand made by me and me alone, one piece at a time.
    If you have any questions on my products feel free to Call MSA or email me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com

Thanks again to all my previous customers and future customers.
    You help support the site and my family.
    Dave

Member ID
    CZCC-30884

I ordered your headlight upgrade harness from the Z Store two days ago - should be arriving any day! Wish I had ordered it BEFORE the whiff of smoke came out of my steering column signifying something very wrong in the combo switch when I turned on the lights. I'd only had my 240 for a few days - live, (read old forum posts), and learn, I guess.

Anyway, it's cool to know who made it, and who to ask if (when) I have questions about installing it. My electrical knowledge is not much more developed than "fire=bad".

Thanks
    (different) Dave

Member ID
    CZCC-4921

You're right..... Live and learn.
    You're better off emailing me if you have questions.
    If you end up needing your combo switch rebuilt, Let me know.

Dave

Member ID
    CZCC-11611

I'll vouch for Dave's willingness to answer questions via email or PM. He provides good explanations that are easy to understand. As to his products, I have installed all the upgrades he makes for the 240Z on both of my 71 Z's. What a difference and less worries about the switches and fuse boxes.
    1971 240Z - HLS30-23305 2/71
    1971 240Z - HLS30-30855 5/71

Member ID
    CZCC-9965

A big thanks to Dave! Left him an e-mail question about a headlight issue today, he responded right away. Highly recommend his work and support!
    January 1970 240Z
    HLS3001399

Member ID
    CZCC-4

Dave supplied me with a sample upgrade harness for my parking lights. Installation was a breeze and doesn't ruin the stock appearance of my car. I like the fact the harnesses are matching and I don't see a lot of spliced cables. I can tell there is a noticeable difference in the brightness of my lights with this harness. Dave went above and beyond with this project and it shows.

PS: Motorsport Auto also gives discounts to club members so be sure to tell them you are a member of The Classic Zcar Club. If they ask for a membership number, you can see it in all of your posts (look to the left of my post here) or you can find it by clicking "My Profile" in the upper right of the website.
    Mike

Thread Information