Thread: 240z 260z common parts

Member ID
    CZCC-18620
    Abingdon near Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

Default 240z 260z common parts

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT PARTS A DATSUN 260Z FROM 1978 AND A 240Z HAVE IN COMMON. WHAT ABOUT CHASSIS, DOORS, WINGS, REAR HATCH AND MECHANICALS?

I've just found one on ebay and it's not much money. Was thinking I could use it as a donor car. It's less than a day to go so i'd appretiate your time!

Thanks very much!

Matt

Member ID
    CZCC-3035

The front fenders are the same. The doors are not. Suspension parts will be mostly different. The transmissions will bolt up the same, with appropriate clutch selection...

I don't know about the rear hatch. The hoods will fit I think, but of course one will have vents where the other does not.
    '71 240Z, Because any fool can drive fast in a straight line.

Member ID
    CZCC-4325

Years ago my friend and I had a 260 we were fixing it to sale, all I can tell you is that you will need 240 and 280 parts and some are just plain 260 parts like the gas tank.

Member ID
    CZCC-1490

Careful...

A UK car, specifically a 78 260 is NOT necessarily the equivalent of a US 74 260. There MAY be similarities, but therein lies the difficulty. One is a 78 and the other is a 74. Add to that that one is a 280 and the other is a 260.

Does a UK 78 correspond to a US 78? There you have the crux of the matter.

This is why Alan T's input is so valuable. While we may assume that they should correspond, you are now comparing two vehicles in two different sales markets that have different requirements as far as engine and styling, and let's not get into the DOT requirements we have here in the US that wouldn't apply in the UK.

So Matt, to answer your question, I think we need a good bit of guidance from Alan T (HS30-H) before we can determine if we're talking apples and apples.

On a separate note, you don't need to post duplicate threads in different forum areas. Most users use the "Active Threads From The Forums " on the bottom of the front page to see new threads and duplicates are unnecessary and waste computer storage. Not to mention possible loss of information with one thread getting half an answer and the other half on the other copy.

I'll recommend the other one get deleted.

Hope this helps
    Enrique

Thread Information