Thread: Updated pictures of my ride.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Default Am I sick or what

Check my new Z, a 1972 Cali with a nice drivetrain...........here are some pics ...........

Member ID
    CZCC-14126

David's selling all his cars eh? Nice looking car.......
    Last edited by Diseazd; 05-29-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1404980...7600346077563/

70, 71, 2 72's, and a 73 240z....
    90 300zx and a 1996 Acura NSX.....but who's counting?

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

No, not all his cars. He got the Brock 510 back as part of the trade. And my orange Z too. NOW I have a track ready car
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 05-29-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Just got home on my new to me Z. David had her in hibernation for almost two years , so she was out this past weekend for an event at Summit Point WV and I drool all over her and had to have her . So over a few cold ones we traded. She is a blast , her new name ''Z-Vette''. LS 1, 6spd, custom built suspension, custom built rear, custom built subframe ,discs on all corners,A/C,leather Recaros,perfect dash, perfect interior ,naked bumpers, euro rear lights, Panasports and a Cali/rust free body with a first rate paint job.

Member ID
    CZCC-17660

Cray-Z!

Member ID
    CZCC-874

Quote Originally Posted by 72 OJ View Post
    Just got home on my new to me Z. David had her in hibernation for almost two years , so she was out this past weekend for an event at Summit Point WV and I drool all over her and had to have her . So over a few cold ones we traded. She is a blast , her new name ''Z-Vette''. LS 1, 6spd, custom built suspension, custom built rear, custom built subframe ,discs on all corners,A/C,leather Recaros,perfect dash, perfect interior ,naked bumpers, euro rear lights, Panasports and a Cali/rust free body with a first rate paint job.
    I am SOOOOO jealous!! There is an LS1 powered 260Z at the tracks around here. He intimidates the hell out of the Z06's. If you are tracking the car, I hope it has a really good roll cage and 5 point harnesses.

Nice!

Marty

Member ID
    CZCC-19125

Check my new Z, a 1972 Cali with a nice drivetrain...........here are some pics ...........
    Wow! That is so perfect. I want one of those so bad. Very jealous here.

A car almost exactly like that will be my next project. Only thing I will change is the color and the rims. From the outside that car looks bone stock. Pop that hood and you have a 'Big Old' motor that looks like it was designed for that compartment. Just Beautiful...Congrats!

HLS30-02614 in the Cocoon
    HLS30-40147 Very Yellow Daily Driver
    HLS30-40498 Next resto
    SPL311-27444 It lives
    http://www.rcdeng.com

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Rogan View Post
    I am SOOOOO jealous!!
    Quote Originally Posted by motorman7 View Post
    Wow! That is so perfect. I want one of those so bad. Very jealous here.
    Thanks for your comments, I am still shock that I own such a BEAST, this is a real toy that I intend to enjoy to tha max

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Here are some VITALS on ''Z-VETTE''.LS1 engine with 21k documented miles at time of conversion. She now has 6.353 k on complete conversion . The trany is a Tremec T56 6 spd. The diff is from an Infinity Q 45, R200 VLSD.She rides on MSA coilovers and camber plates w/Eibach springs and Tokikos 5 way inserts. On her corners Modern Motorsports Extreme 13''PBR discs F/R.Sway bars F/R are Suspension Techniques......HER STATS>>>> Weight 2.653 LBS>>> Dyno-340 RWHP and 365 RWT . PLUS her MPG high way is 32
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 05-31-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Quote Originally Posted by grantf View Post
    Cray-Z!
    I just got this same reaction from a 2012 Mustang GT guy last night at the 7-11, yep Cray-Z in love with a mechanical lady

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

This morning I went to the local Saturday meet and the guys were very impress with my new toy and the quality of work done, they like the neatness of the engine bay, must said that it look factory , the items that caused more converse were the cold air intake, the discs brakes on all corners, the diff set up,the fit of the A/C unit, the headers neat install, the stance, the perfect interior and how well the 7 yr old paint looks,plus her beautiful sound. Here are some pics.........
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6269300021_large.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	53807Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6269300022_large.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	53808Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6269300024_large.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	53809Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6269300034_large.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	53810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6269300035_medium.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	53811Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6269300045_large.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	53812
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 06-02-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

This has been a week of pure joy, after a few hours of buyers remorse and mental detachment from my former toys . This thing/addiction/sickness/car crazy/ for this marvel of a car is only understood by other car guys.It is so true that a lot of us have gotten older, but seems that we have not grown up. The feeling of connecting with fond past memories is a wonderful thing,in my case the 240Z marked a large spot in my memory bank.This current silver Z is just like the first Z I saw in the island of Puerto Rico at the age of 17,I then had a 67 Triumph Herald and after that I can count and name the fifty two cars that I have owned but the desire to own a 240Z has been vivid in me. When I purchased my orange 72 Cali I was very pleased with its originality and personality,but realized that I wanted more, more comfort creatures like A/C , leather comfy seats, a better stance,a more responsive engine,more wow factor. I love the Z's sexy lines, it looks exotic but Mr.K in an interview stated that one thing that he would have added/changed to his creation was more power.So here I am today sipping my java and contemplating my toy what a JOY
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 06-06-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

On my way back from Annapolis I got stop by a MD State Trooper on a black Dodge Charger, yes I was on a spirited run , but he just give a warning and we talk about the conversion on the Z,,,,,,Wow that was pure luck

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

You may want to migrate to Hybridz or zcar.com.
    There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply.
    The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.

John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

ZCars in Eastern Canada seaport ready for shipment to Europe

http://ZSportCanada.com

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    You may want to migrate to Hybridz or zcar.com.
    NOPE,,,,my Z is a classic nostalgic Japanese sport motor car with an attitude
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 06-12-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

You should buy a vette and put an L28 in it...great for a laugh.
    There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    You should buy a vette and put an L28 in it...great for a laugh.
    A CHEVETTE with a Z conversion that will be something you can export to Europe

Member ID
    CZCC-20649

There is a guy down here (NZ) with one of these engines in a 240 with a blower fitted. Apart from a slight bulge in the hood, and the racing cage it looks stock.
    Well almost stock . And with six speed sequential trans. it can REALLY haul--

Member ID
    CZCC-27164

I think you were very wise and a bit lucky to get that deal, It's awesome.

Here are some VITALS on ''Z-VETTE''.LS1 engine with 21k documented miles at time of conversion. She now has 6.353 k on complete conversion . The trany is a Tremec T56 6 spd. The diff is from an Infinity Q 45, R200 VLSD.She rides on MSA coilovers and camber plates w/Eibach springs and Tokikos 5 way inserts. On her corners Modern Motorsports Extreme 13''PBR discs F/R.Sway bars F/R are Suspension Techniques......HER STATS>>>> Weight 2.653 LBS>>> Dyno-340 RWHP and 365 RWT . PLUS her MPG high way is 32
    I'm curious, cuz I'll someday want to get a new engine put in my 280Z, how much putting an engine like that in my car would cost?

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

b_art,,,,is not just the engine but all the components to make this type of conversion, I am not an expert just a very lucky car nut, this car was put together by a very talented car guy with mechanical and financial abilities.The LS1 engine can range from 2 to 6 thousand $, then you must get the proper kit to do the install plus the tranny, sub frame work,brakes up date, rear diff, suspension work and the list goes on and on......................there are a number of topics on the net and most give this type of conversion the average dollar amount to be between 15 to 35 thousand .

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Seems that this question/curiosity is on the radar lately, just this morning at my local DD an owner of a 2012 Challenger R/T a Vanishing Point style car, while sipping his java and contemplating both my car and his, he started a converse with me, we talk about the good old days and the Z conversion, then the above ? appear and the similar response was given, his reaction was that he had paid close to 55 G's on his new ride and that my old/restored/redone/converted/ crazy money/Z has more WOW factor than his Hemi
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 06-15-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

An update on Z-VETTE, it's been just a few weeks of ownership and I will like to share her background/provenance. This Z was bought new in Calabassas,California. In 1996 the technical editor at Car Craft,Hot Rod and Chevy High Performance Magazine had this Z restored for his personal use.That restoration had the engine(L28-N42 head) /suspension work done by Pierre Z Huntingtong Beach .The bodywork was done by a shop that did projects cars for Petersen Publishing cars magazines. It was built to compete BSP SoloII, and simultaneously be the prettiest BSP on the course , but a promotion at the time left no playing time , so he did not run it. The body was painted Porsche Silver,no filler ,triple primer coat, base,clear,wet-sanded.The interior was kept original red with new plastic panels, new windshield.JDM/European bumpers(all chrome)Talbot side mirrors.She only had 68K miles at that time.May 2003 she moved to Wanaque NJ, her owner then Product & Technollogy Public Relations Mercedes-Benz USA, sold her to my friend David.He kept her in that livery for two yrs or so and then did the professional LS1 conversion She shines like it was just painted a few months ago, the restoration was done with lost of care

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

The body was painted Porsche Silver,no filler ,triple primer coat, base,clear,wet-sanded.The interior was kept original red with new plastic panels, new windshield.JDM/European bumpers(all chrome)Talbot side mirrors.She only had 68K miles at that time.May 2003 she moved to Wanaque NJ, her owner then Product & Technollogy Public Relations Mercedes-Benz USA, sold her to my friend David.
    Gee...that sounds familiar... did you ask David how he got connected with the car?

I knew a guy that was in Product & Technollogy Public Relations Mercedes-Benz USA - who also had a really nice Silver Z he was trying to sell... several years ago..

Interesting...
    Carl B.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Yes Mr Beck , David give me a copy of your missive on this find, so you are the '' GRANDPAPA'' of this Z

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

I knew I should have bought that 240Z myself !! - -

I had a beautiful picture of that car - with Mountains in the background... but it is hidden somewhere in 25 years of backup's...

Good for you...
    Carl B.

Member ID
    CZCC-4628

Hi Carl,

This is David. Yes, you hooked me up with Jim, the previous owner of the car back in 2003. I met you here on ClassicZcars and also at the Zvention in Daytona in 2007. I thanked you in person then for helping me find such a sweet car. I knew if I had told you back then that I had planned to "Highly Modify" the car, you might not have turned me on to it. .

I spent many thousands of dollars turning it from a sweet underpowered Z into a 21st Century Supercar.

Here is the picture I think you are remembering.

I recently got separated from an almost 20 year marriage and found that I had lost interest in the Z and it sat, unloved in my garage for almost 2 years.

Lee is a great guy and a true car lover that I have helped to convert into a real Datsun guy. He is a worthy caretaker of such a special car that I poured my heart and wallet into.

"You never get back out of them what you put into them"

I had a lot of fun with the Z for almost 10 years but my true love is the 510 and I have 7 of them right now. It is a sickness I tell you.
    Enjoy The Ride!
    David
    72 240Z

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

Quote Originally Posted by qwik240z View Post
    Hi Carl,

This is David. Yes, you hooked me up with Jim, the previous owner of the car back in 2003. I met you here on ClassicZcars and also at the Zvention in Daytona in 2007. I thanked you in person then for helping me find such a sweet car. I knew if I had told you back then that I had planned to "Highly Modify" the car, you might not have turned me on to it. .
    Hi David:
    Great to hear from you.

Here is the picture I think you are remembering.
    Yes - that is the picture.

I recently got separated from an almost 20 year marriage and found that I had lost interest in the Z and it sat, unloved in my garage for almost 2 years.
    Been there - Done that. That was when I bought the Ferrari. Now on my second marriage for the past 24 years. Looking back I wouldn't change a thing! Most guys are lucky if they find one good wife - I've had two

I had a lot of fun with the Z for almost 10 years but my true love is the 510 and I have 7 of them right now. It is a sickness I tell you.
    There is what looks like a very nice 72 510 4 dr. - in Washington. Dark Green - with 54 miles... You should add that one. Might as well have 8.

take care
    Carl B.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Interesting note/ update on my Z, in 1996 when the then owner, former editor for one of the Petersen Publishing Car Magazine's who order the restoration to be done by ...Pierre Z... in the City of Angels. This Cali, low mileage Z was a candidate for the Datsun/Nissan ''Factory/Dealer'' restoration program. I had a lucky converse with J R a few days ago, who shared with me on how he got his hand on this silver Z, do the connection of his office with the well known Z shop , while on a personal visit to Pierre's facility and him wanting to have a looker BSP Solo ll Z racer, this S30 had the proper bones to satisfy his order. I updated him on the work done to this Z and his response was''that suspension work plus the body restoration are a perfect foundation to that well executed transplant''
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 08-27-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

http://coolmaterial.com/roundup/clas...t-define-cool/ I came across this, and this is the proper thread ,my Z as a model on this list off Classics Kool Cars... ..... And a recent picture with a Z brother, car was restored in 1996,picture used on list 2007,my pic Aug 2012,she still shines. ..[ATTACH=CONFIG]55898[/ATTACH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2zcars3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	296.3 KB 
ID:	55898  
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 08-31-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Default Updated pictures of my ride.

Name:	DSC00674.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	267.6 KB 
ID:	56428
    As she looks today

Name:	DSC00675.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	56429
    My new radiator

Name:	DSC00676.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	56430

Name:	DSC00677.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	56431

Name:	DSC00679.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	56432
    JDM taillights

Name:	DSC00681.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	56433
    Hidden muffler

Name:	DSC00682.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	56434

Name:	DSC00683.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	56435
    Interior shots

Name:	DSC00685.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	56436
    roll bar

Name:	DSC00692.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	56437
    Recaros
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 09-20-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-20758

Very clean!
    '72 Fairlady 240Z-L - HS30-10052, Imported in 1973 from Yokota Airbase
    '70 240Z - HLS30-19927, History in SCCA CP & Trans-Am, ICSCC CIP, IMSA GTU
    '77 Porsche 930 Turbo Carrera - Black on black
    '13 Subaru BRZ Limited - Daily Driver

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

psdenno,,,,paying me a visit, at 10:45AM my time, interesting, any comments
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 09-20-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-26759

Beautiful Z, may I ask where did you source the tails? They seem to be pure unobtainium!
    - HLS30-00655 240z on a long road ahead

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

They came all the way from Down Under Ebay ..AUSTRALIA..
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 09-20-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

You should use the "garage" feature for members and add all of your cars.

I like the orange rear turn lights

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Default a few more shots

Name:	DSC00687.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	56442 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00694.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	56443 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00703.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	56444 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00697.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	56445 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00699.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	56446 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00698.jpg 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	56447 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00700.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	56448 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00696.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	56449 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00704.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	56450 A few more shots..
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 09-20-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Supporting Member Zedyone_kenobi's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-16285

Very clean install man.
    1971 240Z HLS30-38691
    93.9% done and getting better every day
    Now with 100% more DATSUN SPIRIT L28 Power
    1968 Datsun 2000 SRL311-03416

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Name:	DSC00686.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	56540 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00690.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	56542 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00701.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	56543 .These did not post with the rest for some reason, the one below no idea on how it got there......Happy Z Day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00683.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	56541  
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 09-21-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-18557

Great shots - WICKED vette engine swap!! Maybe put in some details about the guy who did the install - does he have any pics of the work? Does it run well and as strong as one might expect??

Really love the wheels too - i have a similar style on mine.
    E-tek Racing and Restorations

Visit me at : www.E-tekRestorations.com

or check my Blog: www.E-tekRestorations.blogspot.com

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/s...746#post408746
    Quote Originally Posted by e-tek View Post
    Great shots - WICKED vette engine swap!! Maybe put in some details about the guy who did the install - does he have any pics of the work? Does it run well and as strong as one might expect??

Really love the wheels too - i have a similar style on mine.
    e-tek...yes that info is posted under'' Am I sick or what '' thread...........she was transformed in 2005 and rides Zzzzzuper nice,tight and she is WICKED ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Runs strong as in KICK ASS
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 09-21-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

2 more shots, Pete Brock and Mr. K signatures on car Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120923_125219.jpg 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	56610 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120923_125204.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	56611

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

On the above magic markers signatures, what will be the best way to preserve them, clear paint or a plastic clear film ?

Member ID
    CZCC-18557

On the above magic markers signatures, what will be the best way to preserve them, clear paint or a plastic clear film ?
    I'd gently scuff around the sharpie with a mild (tan) 3M scuff pad, then shoot a coupe light coats of non-acetone based clear over it all.
    Last edited by e-tek; 09-27-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    E-tek Racing and Restorations

Visit me at : www.E-tekRestorations.com

or check my Blog: www.E-tekRestorations.blogspot.com

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

E-tek, thanks on the tip,,,none-acetone base clear paint

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Not sick after all, as I am getting ready to put her away from harsh weather, doing all the prep such as fresh oil / coolant / gas treatment and a wax job . I realize that I have driven her in the last four months a total of 3.868 miles with at least 2 thou smiles
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 10-10-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

The day is getting closer for her hibernation , she will be stored in a facility close to me , just 11 miles away. Hate that I can not enjoy her year round, harsh weather will do severe damage to her sensitive skin.................................
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 10-20-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-4

OJ, I merged the two threads about your cars ("am I sick" and "updated pictures") into this one. Thanks, Mike
    Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Mike on post # 46 can you delete the link url, since you merge the info, thanks

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Let me share this Happy Z Days ,this spring / summer I attended 3 local established Car Shows, my Z got the attention from the judging panels , she got an award at each show........... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121018_191007.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	57311
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 10-20-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

An old wise men mention to me, that if you have something to brag , then brag......so whats not to like about my Z,,, she has a clean body that shines,,, a perfect rich color dash,,,a stance that screams ride me hard,,,a reliable engine that puts 340 horses at the wheels,,, a neat cabin with supportive seats and condition air,,,a set of light wheels with fat tires,,, she gets 30 MPG,,,Passengers that can not believe she is 40 yrs old,,,and she makes me smile on every mile
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 12-20-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Some changes made to Z VETTE }}}} Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130625_145352.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	66400 new wood steering wheel }}}Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130708_113448.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	66401 clear marker lights }}} Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130414_131855.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	66402 her new room mate 2012 VW Beetle Turbo my DD }}} Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130622_144650.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	254.2 KB 
ID:	66403 and my babe
    Last edited by 72 OJ; 10-08-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-24528

Love your Z, always wanted a V-8.
    Ray
    1974 Datson 260Z
    RLS30-27748 Matching #'s
    L26 Stock w/72 Round Tops
    Interpart Front Spoiler
    Addco Front & Rear Sway Bars
    My Very First Car
    Purchased 5/23/1974

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter260Z View Post
    Love your Z, always wanted a V-8.
    Thanks, I also love this Z , she gives me a smile on every mile.

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Picture Oct 20/2013 annual check up and under car cleaning >>> Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00028.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	66779

Thread Information