Thread: Z CON 2014 San Diego CA

Member ID
    CZCC-10665
    Blog Entries

Default Z CON 2014 San Diego CA

It has been well publicized that Z CON 2014 will be held in beautiful sunny San Diego 5-9 August 2014. Because of this Motorsport Auto will not put on the annual Z Car Nationals Car Show in April Motorsport! West Coast Nationals - The Z Store, Nissan-Datsun 240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-300ZX(Z31/Z32)-350Z-370Z Parts. They will however will have a get together on Saturday; I have attended those in the past and they are fun for the So-Cal guys. Z CON 2014 promises to be a great event; we expect to have the most Z cars ever assembled in one area. Registration for the convention will open on 15 January ZCON 2014 , the host hotel is sold out but we do have overflow hotels available. The host committee for this convention is the Z Car Club of San Diego, we have worked hard to put in place many great events for participants. Check out ZCON 2014 on Facebook.

We will have 2 different car shows at this year's event, one will be the national judged show on Thursday the 7th and the other will be more of a get together at Qualcomm Stadium during the Autocross event. The Saturday get together will get an opportunity to the many So-Cal locals to bring out their cars to show off and share. Unlike conventions in the past we will open events to non-registered guests on a case by case basis, meaning that if the event is not filled up by registered guests then non-registered guest will have an opportunity to sign up for the event a slightly higher cost than the registered guest.

If you make reservations at a hotel for the event other than the host hotels remember that the ending banquet is Saturday night August 9th so you will need to have a room until the 10th.

Questions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZCON.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	69030

Name:	ZCON Video.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	69033Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZCON hotel.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	69032Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kona Kai.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	69031

Member ID
    CZCC-4
    Blog Entries

It looks like the host hotel was filled up pretty quick and they found another host hotel. See this post on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Not sure if you can see it if you are not a facebook member but it looks like there is a graphic above in Montezuma's post. Here's what it says:

The KONA KAI's 130 rooms have been filled. The overflow hotel for ZCON 2014 is the Consulate Hotel, ocean view rooms. We have 60 of the 102 rooms reserved for us at a great rate. Only about a mile away from teh Kona Kai.

ZCON 2014 Aug 5th through the 9th

Make sure you book to leave on the morning of the 10th. They will also give you days before adn after your stay to enjoy San Diego.

CONSULATE HOTEL AIRPORT/SEA WORLD SAN DIEGO AREA
    2901 Nimitz Blvd, San Diego, CA 92016 USA (619)224-3655

Use the ZCON 2014 as the code when you call. $85.00 per night Locked underground parking and shuttle service available.

The Consulate Hotel will be hosting the suds n shine. The Kona Kai is too close to the water the EPA might get upset and shut it down.

The Consulate Staff is really up for this as the Manager had a Z back in the day. So let's put on a good show for him.
    Any problems are questions contact Lenny Arnoth @ Z.lenny@live.com or call me at (619)818-5357
    Go to http://ZCSD.org for updates.
    Montezuma likes this.
    Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-4
    Blog Entries

Montezuma, is there any space this year for the club to have a booth or do you need people to speak at a conference? Let me know, I'd like to participate this year if you need help. I'm in Seattle but could plan to be on site all week if needed.
    Montezuma likes this.
    Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-10665
    Blog Entries

The regristation has gone live for ZCON 2014 Z Car Club Association - Annual Convention Registration

Mike, We would love for for you to participate this year. Let me know what you need.

Member ID
    CZCC-19125

Love that avatar Dave. Tempted to do the same
    Montezuma likes this.

HLS30-02614 in the Cocoon
    HLS30-40147 Very Yellow Daily Driver
    HLS30-40498 Next resto
    SPL311-27444 It lives
    http://www.rcdeng.com

Member ID
    CZCC-10665
    Blog Entries

Registrations are coming in hot and heavy. Thursday night event at the Mission Brewery is coming together nice; we will have a panel of some the great Datsun Racing drivers. With more to come. As soon as the guest of honor is booked I will release the names of those who will be in attendence. This great event is open to all registered convention guest have first priority on tickets. It is an adults over 21 only event. Hope to see you all in Sunny and beautiful San Diego August 4-9.

Member ID
    CZCC-10665
    Blog Entries

http://www.zcca.org/downloads/2012/Z...anual_2012.pdf

Read up before you present you car to be judged. I don't think this is manual is well written but I am sure someone is proud of it.

'72 240Z(G) 3.2L
    Member ID
    CZCC-7328

Just registered. My invite to participate in the great Datsun racing drivers panel must have gotten lost in the mail...

Post # 1,000. Now I just need 3,000 more to catch up to Blue.
    if a little knowledge can make you dangerous, I'm a little dangerous

Member ID
    CZCC-10665
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gnosez View Post
    Just registered. My invite to participate in the great Datsun racing drivers panel must have gotten lost in the mail...

Post # 1,000. Now I just need 3,000 more to catch up to Blue.
    Need your mailing address.

Member ID
    CZCC-844

Default Zcon 2014

Go at it, folks!
    Bryan Pilati
    1971 Datsun 240Z (8/71; 920 paint)
    IZCC #583; TZCC #16; CZC #110
    I'm never serious unless I should be.

'72 240Z(G) 3.2L
    Member ID
    CZCC-7328

Registered, hotel and a second week added to go to the Historics the following weekend.
    if a little knowledge can make you dangerous, I'm a little dangerous

Member ID
    CZCC-8081

I registered couple weeks ago and will be driving my 71' down from Sacramento! Anyone else driving down from Northern Cali or surrounding areas?

Member ID
    CZCC-23912

Quote Originally Posted by er34gtt2000jp View Post
    I registered couple weeks ago and will be driving my 71' down from Sacramento! Anyone else driving down from Northern Cali or surrounding areas?
    I'll be heading down from Sacramento too

Member ID
    CZCC-8081

Awesome! I'll be driving my 71' down, let me know when you are planning to take off.

Member ID
    CZCC-23912

Quote Originally Posted by er34gtt2000jp View Post
    Awesome! I'll be driving my 71' down, let me know when you are planning to take off.
    I'm driving my 74 down. I'm more then likely going to leave after rush hour here or, if I'm working that night, around 11pm just to avoid all the traffic in LA. I'll know more for sure the week of

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

I always wonder why the left-coast people bother hosting the ZCON, when they also have the West-Coast Nationals? It seems like the same kind of event, and I hear they get more cars than the ZCON.
    Drive Responsibly.
    enjoy classic Rock music.

Member ID
    CZCC-10665
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TomoHawk View Post
    I always wonder why the left-coast people bother hosting the ZCON, when they also have the West-Coast Nationals? It seems like the same kind of event, and I hear they get more cars than the ZCON.
    Check back with us in August; we will beat the number of cars that MSA gets; especially on Saturday at Qualcomm Stadium. I don't understand why this event is not on the West Coast every other year. In the end San Diego will prove to be one of the best ZCONs ever; the mold of "we have always done it that way" has to be broken.

Member ID
    CZCC-19125

Quote Originally Posted by TomoHawk View Post
    Wow, have to be careful with my response here. In my opinion, the West Coast Nationals is a sales event, not a car show. Even the entrants have taken to mocking the car show portion of this event. Take a look at the 2012 stock 260Z class winners. First place was a 260Z with panels painted different colors and words spray painted on the car. ( I am searching for the pic but not finding it). Second place was Bob Heckendorf’s beautiful unrestored 260Z. Although, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I don’t consider this a serious car show. It is more than anything a great place to gather and talk Z’s and a way for Motorsports to sell a lot of parts.
    It used to be a show when they held it at the park on grass with trees for shade, and the focus was on the cars. Now it’s in front of the store on the hot SoCal asphalt with focus on all of the ‘bling’ you can purchase for your Z. This is not really something that I want to bring my Z’s to.
    Montezuma likes this.

HLS30-40498 Next resto
    SPL311-27444 It lives

Member ID
    CZCC-24191

Also, there were a lot more cars when the MSA show was in the park, so many that it was almost impossible to check each one out. Maybe the local authorities that have jurisdiction over the park won't give them permission.

Member ID
    CZCC-12190

It would be hard to imagine two different reasons for having a "Z car event" than the MSA show and the ZCON conventions, "IF" you consider it from the "why did we do this" point of view. That point of view comes from the organizers. Both serve to promote the marque, but one serves to have that heighted awareness enhance and sustain a private business, the other serves to promote the global visibility of the marque to ensure its lasting importance in the auto-verse. Both causes are worthy. Can't have one without the other if the current situation is any of expect to continue having our fun.

From the point of view of the "unwashed masses" (most of us), the ones that decide to attend these events, I believe there is only ONE over-reaching reason why we go. To share our love of the stupid pieces of Jap Scrap with like-minded souls, for whatever list of incredibly diverse reasons you can imagine that results in most of these events being enjoyed by most that attend. In short, I go to "have fun" and "meet new people who are like me". Sometimes I buy parts, sometimes I buy t-shirts. Sometimes I sell parts as a result of the new people I meet. It all keeps my wheels turning and my mind happy.

Some also go to have their cars judged along with the fun, with hopes of having their investment in time and money legitimized and to be recognized for their efforts. Some are happy with the result, many are not. This topic has been discussed at length here but is outside of this discussion. This situation will never change for reasons also rehashed here many times. Get over it.

So stop worrying about why these shows are held, or if one is better than the other, just go to as many as you can, and have a good time while you're there and remember to thank the organizers for your chance to have fun. The more the merrier. Let the business side be what it is.

See you all in San Diego.
    -----------------------------------------
    Jim
    73 240Z HLS30 149331
    69 510 PL510 77603

www.zKars.com
    www.calgaryzclub.ca
    Reference materials
    www.xenonS30.com

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

To be fair to Z owners all over, not just the western U.S., you gotta move the convention from place to place.
    Drive Responsibly.

Member ID
    CZCC-8081

Yes, it should be held all over! But seeing as it's here in Cali this year and I just happen to have gotten my Z on the road I'm pretty stoked to drive it down there and put it in the show. It's the love of the cars not what coast the show on that matters.

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

Remember that last year it was in Phoenix, which is not too close to "the coast."
    Drive Responsibly.

Member ID
    CZCC-5718

would Canada ever be considered? ( Toronto area)
    to be or not to be- shakespeare
    do be do be do- sinatra
    vehicles owned
    72 240z
    2009 honda civic exl
    1973 triumph tr6
    wife's
    2002 vw jetta
    68 390 mustang coup

Member ID
    CZCC-4148

I want to chime in on this. I produced the 2010 car show in Nashville and was associate director of the ZCCA in 2009 and 2010. I have never been to the MSA event. The ZCCA is a huge car club involving scores of Z-car owners and enthusiasts all over the world. The annual convention is several days of activities involving Z-cars and related Datsun / Nissan cars. It encompasses several activities with cars; it is not just a one-afternoon car show. There are rally and racing events, motor tours, and social events for the participants to get to know each other and share experiences. One of the most important things is for the host club to show off their special city and region and for the participants to experience something new, travel...with their cars! That is why the convention is in a different place every year and that is why there is simply no comparison to other outstanding Z-car events.

For instance:
    If not for the 2004 convention in Long Beach I wouldn't have met Mr. Katayama, Len Welch, Katsuhiko Endo, John Morton, Brian Long, and many, many new friends including Lai Mee from Hooter's. I wouldn't have paid extra for a heavy suitcase full of car parts!

If not for the 2005 convention in Rochester, I wouldn't have driven Watkins Glen and paid extra for that heavy suitcase.

If not for the 2006 convention, I wouldn't have driven the new 350Z r-tune. I wouldn't have trophied the hardest rally I have ever run. And I had two suitcases to ship home from Dallas. Oh! And then there was that evening with the Japanese guys touring the gentlemen's clubs!

If not for the 2008 convention in Cleveland, I wouldn't have driven Lime Rock, experienced the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, or sampled Nissan's new GT-R.

San Antonio in 2009 was just over the top. I met Steve Millen, drove a great rally through hill country, saw the Alamo, found a really great junk yard, and I gotta mention Amanda the Z1 Motorsports model. Whew!

The annual convention is so much more than a car show. Go to San Diego - have fun - give my best to the Hooter's girls - enjoy clowning around with all your Z-car friends.
    Enjoy the Ride
    HLS30-00026
    HLS30-00027
    http://home.earthlink.net/~cwenzel/index.html
    Go Gators
    Go Butler Bulldogs

Member ID
    CZCC-4148

Quote Originally Posted by zhead240 View Post
    would Canada ever be considered? ( Toronto area)
    I would think yes. There's a very active club in Ontario Ontario Z-Car Owners Association
    Enjoy the Ride
    HLS30-00026
    HLS30-00027
    http://home.earthlink.net/~cwenzel/index.html
    Go Gators
    Go Butler Bulldogs

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

You went to Mid Ohio during the 2008 convention, Chris.
    Drive Responsibly.

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

I'd like to see a convention hosted in toronto! Just thunk of all the domestic beers you can drink without the high price of an import. It could offset the price of the trip.
    Drive Responsibly.

Member ID
    CZCC-15302

No Track Day @ ZCON is a surprise,has there ever been a National Z Convention without a Track Day? Car shows are on ever corner, track day is the reason to go to ZCon. ��Z
    Last edited by NissanMaster; 07-28-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-8081

So is anyone headed down to San Diego Tuesday from Northern California? We have several folks from the Sacramento Datsun Owners Club heading down Monday and Tuesday with a meet in L.A. Tuesday around noon. From There we'll all caravan down to Z-Con in San Diego and plan to be there before 5pm.

If anyone is planning on driving down, either day lets see if we can get some groups together! I'm leaving from Sacramento early Tuesday morning (5am).

Eric

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

Quote Originally Posted by 26th-Z View Post
    If not for the 2008 convention in Cleveland, I wouldn't have driven Lime Rock, experienced the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, or sampled Nissan's new GT-R.
    Well, Lime Rock Park is a little way out from Cleveland (or Ohio!) but you get around, I'll give you that. If not for the 2008 convention, I would not have met you or Mr. Stokes, or Fred Jordan, who jumped into my car at the last second before going on-track at Mid-Ohio, and sat with me at breakfast once or twice at the hotel.)

Too bad Mr. K. is (leaving the Z scene) but I hear he gets visitors from Ohio occasionally.
    Drive Responsibly.

Member ID
    CZCC-19125

Quote Originally Posted by NissanMaster View Post
    No Track Day @ ZCON is a surprise,has there ever been a National Z Convention without a Track Day? Car shows are on ever corner, track day is the reason to go to ZCon. ��Z
    Track Day/Autocross is on Saturday along with the People's Choice Car Show at Qualcomm stadium. That will be a great event; Check out the racers and the cool cars all on the same day. It's tailgate time! Also, Race Legal will be hosting the Z's Friday night at Qualcomm if Saturday is not enough for you. You can still sign up for all of these events at the website. ZCON 2014
    Last edited by motorman7; 08-03-2014 at 10:03 AM.

HLS30-40498 Next resto
    SPL311-27444 It lives

Member ID
    CZCC-30562

Pictures will be nice to see .
    Last edited by Z fan; 08-04-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-19125

Default Zcon 2014

Here are a couple. Will try and post more when I get some time. Been crazy busy. I did get to meet Mike B though. That was great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2685.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	259.6 KB 
ID:	73195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2665.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	73196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2633.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	159.5 KB 
ID:	73197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2634.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	73198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2635.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	73199  

Name:	DSCF2645.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	73200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2692.jpg 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	73201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2667.jpg 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	73202  
    kats, Dr. 240Z and Blue like this.

HLS30-40498 Next resto
    SPL311-27444 It lives

Member ID
    CZCC-24191

Name:	Endo's Z432.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	372.6 KB 
ID:	73245

Kats got People's Choice Award for best Datsun with his Z432.

Lots of great cars. I took about 100 pictures before the battery went dead (fortunately at the end of the show) but my ISP is too slow right now, so can't upload any more tonight. More soon.

Member ID
    CZCC-4
    Blog Entries

Here's a link to our gallery where you can post your photos, even in bulk (zip file). 2014 National Z Convention - Classic Zcar Club Photo Gallery

If you don't like the interface please let me know and I'll send you my address and you can send me a memory stick (or CD) with the images.

FYI, the upload photo button is at the top menu bar.

These photos will migrate when we launch our new site soon.
    kats likes this.
    Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-4
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post

Name:	Endo's Z432.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	372.6 KB 
ID:	73245

Kats got People's Choice Award for best Datsun with his Z432.
    Kats was there? Oh man now I'm even more sad I didn't make the show.
    kats and Blue like this.
    Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-17329

Congratulations Kats an a most deserving award!

Member ID
    CZCC-19125

Here is the youtube video of the Racelegal Nite for the convention...very cool.

27th Annual Z car Convention AT Racelegal.com 8-8-2014 - YouTube

Also, after seeing Kats motor, I am not sure if I would want to fly on his 777. I get the impression he might try and take-off with the thrust reversers on. You may want to ask him why
    kats likes this.

HLS30-40498 Next resto
    SPL311-27444 It lives

Member ID
    CZCC-22303

ZCON 2015 will be in Memphis - be still my heart!

Jim Arnett
    HLS30-15320 12/1970, original owner
    L24-020208 (original)
    IZCC Original Owner Registry #53

Member ID
    CZCC-5413

Quote Originally Posted by jfa.series1 View Post
    ZCON 2015 will be in Memphis - be still my heart!
    Yes, Sir. My wife is already planning the trip...me in a Z and her in her air-conditioned station wagon. (At least if there's a swap meet at the convention, the wagon will hold plenty of parts. )
    73 240Z
    74 260Z

Blue's collection of tech tips - A great place to look for answers
    XenonS30 -The cheap source for FSMs
    Georgia Z Club
    Fiddling with Z Cars - Z car tips & tricks and pictures of my car-loving life.
    Steve's CARtography - Just car pictures.

Member ID
    CZCC-3193

Hi motorman7,
    Nice meeting you.
    Thanks for mentioned,
    yeah ,
    I could not understand why my car could not make it, officially said demonstrated top speed was 210km/h but my car is always below 190km/h.....

Seriously, it's my responsibility and I am so embarrassed .
    I should have pointed it out when my car came back from a shop.
    I had my car fixed oil seal of crankshaft in last summer.

I had never noticed that the fan is installed backward !!

See the pictures before and after.

I have been driven this car like a daily driver even in the rain,I have never had a problem of driving it.
    Yes I am for sure the temp gage is working correctly, once thermo stat is opened, it shows always around 75-80c under any traffic condition.

motorman7,do not worry about it,
    I am just a captain not an engineer.
    If he says ship is ready,then I do not have any question, just go.
    I guarantee my skill is always satisfied

Kats

Quote Originally Posted by motorman7 View Post
    Here is the youtube video of the Racelegal Nite for the convention...very cool.

27th Annual Z car Convention AT Racelegal.com 8-8-2014 - YouTube

Also, after seeing Kats motor, I am not sure if I would want to fly on his 777. I get the impression he might try and take-off with the thrust reversers on. You may want to ask him why

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	73258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	73259  
    Last edited by kats; 08-11-2014 at 04:23 AM.
    Montezuma likes this.
    Katsuhiko Endo
    1970 DATSUN 240Z
    HLS30-02156 (03/70)
    L24-005562

1970 FAIRLADY Z432
    PS30-00088 (01/70)
    S20-000884

1972 DATSUN 240Z
    HLS30-60213 (12/71)
    L24-072419

JAPAN
    Welcome to my web site,
    http://www.geocities.jp/datsunz903

Member ID
    CZCC-11300

Way to go Kats!!! Happy to hear about Memphis. Looks like I have a year to get it planned out.

Bonzi Lon
    kats likes this.
    1973 HLS30-168500
    1968 SPL311-18100
    1969 HLS30-000110 SOLD Shipped to Dubai UAE
    CZCC#11300

Ones and Zeros

"We drive only blue cars." Dishwalla

Member ID
    CZCC-3193

I should say this first,I have just arrived Japan, me and my family are so happy that we met so many wonderful people at the fantastic ZCON 2014 San Diego.
    Thank you Montezuma! and all the people who dedicated so much to the convention.

BTW,
    how much should I give a discount to someone who wants to buy my car?

Kats
    Montezuma likes this.
    Katsuhiko Endo
    1970 DATSUN 240Z
    HLS30-02156 (03/70)
    L24-005562

1970 FAIRLADY Z432
    PS30-00088 (01/70)
    S20-000884

1972 DATSUN 240Z
    HLS30-60213 (12/71)
    L24-072419

JAPAN
    Welcome to my web site,

Member ID
    CZCC-19125

Hi Kats,

It was great meeting you also (It is very cool when you finally get to meet some of the people on the thread here). And, your car is beautiful....I love that motor. I also love the lockwire on the bolts. Haven't seen that since my Aerospace days.

Thanks for coming out and bringing your car. It was a great addition to the show.

Best regards,
    Rich
    kats and Montezuma like this.

HLS30-40498 Next resto
    SPL311-27444 It lives

Member ID
    CZCC-10665
    Blog Entries

Kats, The thrill of the week for me is when I took the wheel of your fine Fairlady, she is a dream drive. It was my pleasure to make this event for you. I made so many great friends and believe it or not got screwed over by some soon to be former friends(may they remain nameless). My time with Jay Ataka, Matsuo-san, Yama-san, Kasumi, and others was just so awesome. Jim Faria with his Safri Car, Jim is a great guy. Marshall Adams from San Jose and his beautiful 260, Bob Bosse from Texas, and so many more great folks. Most likely this is my first and last ZCON as I believe nothing could ever come close to topping this one and also I am done with being a club member.

Member ID
    CZCC-24191

Name:	Kats S20.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	402.9 KB 
ID:	73270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zcars.jpg 
Size:	383.2 KB 
ID:	73271Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11 Replica.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	409.8 KB 
ID:	73272

Kind of busy today but here's a few more.

Member ID
    CZCC-1812

Kats, noticed the tywired fan too, haven't seen that since my Air Force days, great looking car.
    kats likes this.
    10/69 Fairlady ZL 5-speed
    '72 240Z
    '09 Nissan Altima Coupe

Member ID
    CZCC-844

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Kats was there? Oh man now I'm even more sad I didn't make the show.
    You have no excuse, hang your head!
    Montezuma and kats like this.
    Bryan Pilati

Member ID
    CZCC-4
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bpilati View Post
    You have no excuse, hang your head!
    Selling everything I own and moving to Seattle to follow a woman. Holding on to the Z. Gonna be tough, somehow Seattle-ites think garages are optional around here.
    bpilati likes this.
    Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-12190

Montezuma, you can be assured that the effort, time and care put forth by you and your team and the quality of the events, will be what is remembered about this event, FAR beyond ANY of the negatives. I think I can say from all of us from western Canada that we had a fantastic time and greatly appreciate everything that was done.
    Jim
    73 240Z HLS30 149331
    69 510 PL510 77603

www.zKars.com
    www.calgaryzclub.ca
    Reference materials
    www.xenonS30.com

Member ID
    CZCC-844

Selling everything I own and moving to Seattle to follow a woman. Holding on to the Z. Gonna be tough, somehow Seattle-ites think garages are optional around here.
    I wonder if I can give the owner infraction points.
    Bryan Pilati

Member ID
    CZCC-15138

Here's a link to our gallery where you can post your photos, even in bulk (zip file). 2014 National Z Convention - Classic Zcar Club Photo Gallery

If you don't like the interface please let me know and I'll send you my address and you can send me a memory stick (or CD) with the images.

FYI, the upload photo button is at the top menu bar.

These photos will migrate when we launch our new site soon.
    OK, I have to ask, is it my browser or something else. Every time I go to the gallery to look at any photos there are none. Almost every time there is a couple of people viewing the folder. Are they seeing something I am not?

Member ID
    CZCC-5413

Quote Originally Posted by 240dkw View Post
    OK, I have to ask, is it my browser or something else. Every time I go to the gallery to look at any photos there are none. Almost every time there is a couple of people viewing the folder. Are they seeing something I am not?
    I didn't see anything, either.
    73 240Z
    74 260Z

Blue's collection of tech tips - A great place to look for answers
    XenonS30 -The cheap source for FSMs
    Georgia Z Club
    Fiddling with Z Cars - Z car tips & tricks and pictures of my car-loving life.
    Steve's CARtography - Just car pictures.

Member ID
    CZCC-1812

same here
    10/69 Fairlady ZL 5-speed
    '72 240Z
    '09 Nissan Altima Coupe

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

ditto
    There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply.
    The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.

John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

ZCars in Eastern Canada seaport ready for shipment to Europe

http://ZSportCanada.com

Member ID
    CZCC-15138

Well, here I thought I was missing out on a bunch of awesome photos of another great ZCON event. I will just wait until they are posted

Member ID
    CZCC-24191

OK,OK, OK! I think I'll send a DVD to Mike, though. My ISP is getting slower by the day.

Member ID
    CZCC-12190

Stanley, how did you know those were my three favorite Z's at the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post

Name:	Kats S20.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	402.9 KB 
ID:	73270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zcars.jpg 
Size:	383.2 KB 
ID:	73271Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11 Replica.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	409.8 KB 
ID:	73272

Kind of busy today but here's a few more.

Kats, it was extremely cool to finally see your car in person and notice all the details you so lovingly described to us here over the years. Thanks for making the effort to bring all this way.

I am most happy to read that you actually drive it more than just on special occasions!

"I have been driven this car like a daily driver even in the rain,I have never had a problem of driving it."

I could not imagine pouring all that time and love into a car then just watch it gather dust. I hope to hear more stories of the adventures you will have driving it in the coming years.
    Jim
    73 240Z HLS30 149331
    69 510 PL510 77603

www.zKars.com
    www.calgaryzclub.ca
    Reference materials
    www.xenonS30.com

Member ID
    CZCC-24191

Name:	DSCF0002.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	399.8 KB 
ID:	73511

Thought you'd like that orange one. Here's a shot of the engine bay.
    Sent Mike the CD so all 98 shots should be in the gallery soon.

Member ID
    CZCC-3193

Thank you Stanley, nice meeting you and nice pictures!
    I will download all of them, I could not have time to see all of wonderful cars at the show.

zKars,
    I am very happy that you like it.
    I still can not find out what is the best condition of this car. I think
    I am seeing it almost, but still not clear,so I need to drive this car
    until I find the best condition.
    When I find the best jet settings of 3 Mikunis, I will be happier than ever.
    My policy is always unchanged, to achive original condition &
    perfnrmance with original parts even if the car is not fast.
    I could go up-graded aftermarket ignition box and spark plug wires ,lower and stiffer springs e.t.c. but I am not interested in doing so.

NOS is not always working correct,
    I had to buy 4 ignitors 3 boltage regulators 2 alternators!
    Good compression and good spark are always come first.

Kats
    Katsuhiko Endo
    1970 DATSUN 240Z
    HLS30-02156 (03/70)
    L24-005562

1970 FAIRLADY Z432
    PS30-00088 (01/70)
    S20-000884

1972 DATSUN 240Z
    HLS30-60213 (12/71)
    L24-072419

JAPAN
    Welcome to my web site,

Member ID
    CZCC-24191

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73513[/ATTACH

This says it all.

Name:	DSCF0088.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	392.6 KB 
ID:	73513  

Member ID
    CZCC-24191

If my cam's battery hadn't quit, I would have gotten more photos. There were some great cars that I didn't get.

Kats, I usually like to see modifications, but the idea of modifying the Z432 (other than carb jetting/tuning, and timing tweaks) makes me cringe.

Thread Information