Thread: That annoying alarm buzzer

Member ID
    CZCC-25511

Default That annoying alarm buzzer

Its behind the speedo. I tried getting to it to pull the electrical plug to disable it but couldn't get to it. The FSM saying I need to remove the speedo to get to it but I can't even find the lower screw for removing the speedo (I kind of hate the thought of pulling the speedo any way incase I have trouble getting it seated back in again). I don't see a separate fuse for the buzzer which I could pull. Does anyone else have a suggestion for disabling it? This is on my 76. I don't mind it so much for example when I open the door with the key still in it, but mine also alarms while I'm cranking the engine over to start it, and I'd rather beable to better hear the engine while cranking instead of that annoying buzzer.

Thanks
    Gary

Member ID
    CZCC-24724

No help here just my buzz. My '77 buzzes 6 times when I turn the ignition to ON, I wait until it stops then crank it. My '72 buzzes when I put it in gear without the lap belt fastened, that's annoying when I'm just moving it around my garage.
    1972 240Z #918 New Sight Orange
    1977 280Z #305 Light Blue Metallic
    1972 240Z #110 Persimmons Red

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

The buzzer is an important safety feature. It's supposed to remind you to fasten the seatbelt. It also buzzes if you leave the key in and open the driver's door. If you feel it is not to your liking, you should consider changing it to a buzzer or dinger with a sound that you like, but it should not be disabled or removed.

Siteunseen-
    You can still start the engine without waiting for the buzzer to stop. I usually do that, and by the time the engine starts and idles down the buzzing is done.

BTW- if you find a dinger wit has nice sound, please let us know, there are many uses for those.
    Last edited by TomoHawk; 08-07-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    Drive Responsibly.
    enjoy classic Rock music.

'72 240Z(G) 3.2L
    Member ID
    CZCC-7328

Both those buzzers can easily be taken care of by pulling a wire connector off.

As to the statement that these are needed is based more on the thought that you as an individual need a nanny to remind you to do something. Grow a pair, disconnect two wires and click your seat belt into position before you turn the ignition key.

Real Men don't need buzzers.....
    if a little knowledge can make you dangerous, I'm a little dangerous

Member ID
    CZCC-30163

on my '78 i was able to simply pull one the wire connector off the buzzer. got on my back upside down, head under the dash and turned the key several times to listen to the buzzer and feel around with my hand to locate it (and hearing it all those times in a row fully cemented my decision and resolve) and then just pulled off the plug.

best free mod - i don't miss it at all.
    the "fasten seat belts" warning light still lights up in the console, giving that old-school look/feel as well as to remind me of this important safety feature
    '78 280z - Daily driver/work in progress...

Member ID
    CZCC-25511

I tried doing exactly what rossiz did and was able to get my fingers on the buzzer, but I couldn't find and grasp the darn connector for it whereever they have that tucked into. I even moved the hood latch handle out of the way and some other hardware. As mentioned above, I hate to take out the tach to get the speedo out as the FSM describes. I'll try going up-side-down-backwards one more time this weekend. And as rossiz noted, my seat belt warning light does also work. Gary

Thread Information