Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lead footed B's.

Member ID
    CZCC-4028

Originally posted by TomoHawk
    I believe that the speed limit also involves the are where through which the road goes.
    Well, maybe I oversimplified my statements, and I only cited two different areas: city and highway, but that is what I was trying to get across. You're right that there are certainly different levels of "risk" even within the city. I don't want drivers blowing through my neighborhood at 40mph endangering the neighborhood kids, while on some of the main 4-lane roads through town, 40 is quite reasonable (even though the posted limit is 35). And I NEVER speed in school zones. So, as a refinement of what I had previously posted, I agree with you. Considerations of factors other than driver skill and car ablility are needed to set the safe limit. But I still think that the limits are set for the lowest common denominator for all the pertinent factors.
    Mark Brandyberry
    1970 240Z (11/69) HLS30 00215
    1978 280Z (05/78) HLS30 466356
    IZCC #802 & CZC#4028

Member ID
    CZCC-3769

Tommo: I think mdbrandy didn't mention that factor as it's sorta obvious. So maybe it should be "They set the speed limits at a speed for the lowest combination of driver skill and car ability, for the given conditions".

But then again, we could write a page long list of factors influencing the posted speed limits.

While I'm at it, I think these 24/7 school zones are a crock of ****. That's blatant revenue raising..... unless...all the surrounding roads are already 40 kph.

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

In my area, where the "school zone" was set 24/7, was because it's also the local playground, which was donated by the local residents, and wanted it to be as safe as possible, because there are sooo many kids going to/from there all the time.

So this is a choice made by the people, instead of bureaucrats or police, etc. Us locals respect that, because it's our kids (even tho I don't have any) .
    Last edited by TomoHawk; 01-19-2004 at 04:37 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-3769

...that's fair enough.

Member ID
    CZCC-2972

Restricted cars are those with tiny two stroke petrol or diesel engines that cannot (without the illegal addition of two turbos and a supercharger ) exceed 40 mph. There are several makes including the once great name of Ligier ! They are owned by people who for one reason or another have no driving licence, ie lost due to drink / drugs / no points left or on medical grounds.

"speeding is speeding ! ..... there is no safe speeding" yes there is, our m_way speed limits here are 80 mph (68 in the wet) and if I travel at 85 in the dry with no-one else near me on the road, it's still safe but illegal whatever my car or ability !

there are too many variables and so I accept a general speed limit and I accept the risk of being caught. But I don't accept that the police control more frequently the m-ways than the orinray roads just because it's easier to control the m-ways (whilst being considerably less dangerous than those ordinary roads.
    I am for speed controls, but intelligent and targeted uses of them.

Just hope there are some wild roads left when I take delivery of my lil' baby !
    1970 240Z wreck
    1973 240Z (almost boringly quick) !
    1977 260Z 2+2
    1981 280ZX 2 seater
    1982 280ZX 2 seater
    1989 300ZX N/A 2+2

Club Datsun-France - for the cars and the people but most of all for the fun !

Member ID
    CZCC-5509

Hi Sean,
    When you get your freshly restored Z Ill invite you over here for a weekends road bashing. Over here the smaller roads arent policed like the main roads so that means that you can enjoy yourself. Im looking forward to it ...............

Member ID
    CZCC-2972

Me too - hope your brakes are up to it !

I was talking with Fred and we thought that maybe 2005 , we'll all come down and upset your local Porshce friends on your local circuit !

Any news on the rubber seals ?
    1970 240Z wreck
    1977 260Z 2+2
    1981 280ZX 2 seater
    1982 280ZX 2 seater
    1989 300ZX N/A 2+2

Member ID
    CZCC-5509

Dear Sean,
    I hope my brakes are up to it as well !!!!!! Dont worry too much about my mates with the Porsches as most of them are s**t scared of the back end coming round on them in the twisty bits . You just say when your coming Ill arrange everything else.

Member ID
    CZCC-2520

WELL, I'll be a monkey's uncle,

A bloke from France and a bloke from Spain on friendly terms !!!!

Have care Alan, those two countries may be teaming up again.

If this keeps up the Poms will have to resurect poor old Horatio Hornblower.

Rick.
    IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER.
    SINCE IT'S IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER.

Member ID
    CZCC-2520

Excessive speed ????????????????

Well, now, Justin, bear in mind that I AM an old fart with slower reflexes and no need of thrills. I shuffle between 2nd and 3rd up and down the Mt. Morgan Range within the speed limit of 60kph.
    Believe me, faster than that would be accompanied by a death wish. Oh, I know blokes who have done it faster but the, every now and then the emergency services are called out to rescue someone who has driven his car off the edge.

The State Forrest ???.

Week days you'd have to be the unluckiest bloke in the world to get caught by the rangers. No one else is there during the week.
    I can get enough enjoyment from doing 60kph on a narrow dirt road to keep me happy.

Rick.

Member ID
    CZCC-5509

Hi Rick,
    There arent many Zers around here so we have to keep in touch by forums like this !! We not plotting any international crisis or anything simliar, just wanting to get together to enjoy our Zs. I think it s wonderful that guys from all over the world can chat & help each other out in this club.
    Just for the record, oficially Im British but have been living in Spain for a total of 13 years & I reckon that Sean is British as well & he has lived all over Europe.
    You are welcome to come with us for a good road bashing session. Getting a Z for you to drive could be a bit more difficult !

Member ID
    CZCC-2972

Dear Old fart,

Symons' right - we're both British - Hornblower's got his final revenge on Napoleons' europe ! I even invaded his brothers' kingdom in the Netherlands !

Me too I can enjoy hilly / mountain roads at 40 mph but I'll be in 1st and 2nd, not 2nd and 3rd !

Signed, a fresh little puppy (dream on !)

Still great to chat with Zedders from all over !
    1970 240Z wreck
    1977 260Z 2+2
    1981 280ZX 2 seater
    1982 280ZX 2 seater
    1989 300ZX N/A 2+2

Member ID
    CZCC-2520

Hey there Sean and Symon,

I really didn't think you pair were those nationalities.

Symon doesn't even sound like a spanish name and Sean sure isn't French.

Thanks for the invite Symon but I guess I'll have to pass mate. It's a bit far to travel even if I took a long weekend.

Glad to see you have a sense of humour,

Rick.

Member ID
    CZCC-3769

Originally posted by Sean Dezart
    Dear Old fart,

Rick: Fair enough. I suppose most twisty mountain road are quite good at 60km/h. However, all of them around here are 40km/h which is boring by anyones standards.

Mind you I did learn to respect such roads back when I was young and stupid ( ). We did a little run down one of the mountains one night and out of the four cars, two ran off. One of which happened right infront of me. Very luckily everyone was fine, but the cars weren't.

I haven't driven on such roads like that ever again.

Member ID
    CZCC-5509

Hi Rick,
    If your not coming over to spend a week end with us Ill have to look you up. Im planning to come over to OZ in 2005. Im going to send over my Hilux & drive around for a couple of months. I suppose you know where we can get cold beers close to where you live ?

Member ID
    CZCC-5509

Thanks for confirming about the cold beer. It will make my stay a lot more comfortable !

Member ID
    CZCC-2520

Symon,

Here in the land of Oz we only drink COLD beer mate.

2005 Huh ??

Well, you should see quite a bit of the country.
    Lets see now, we've got Zed owners in West Oz, Queensland,
    South Oz, Victoria, New South Wales, (is there anyone in Tassie ?) and even New Zealand (but their not Oz).

When it get's a bit closer to the time, let us know your itinerary.
    Some of us might be able to show you around.

Rick.

Member ID
    CZCC-5509

Yeh 2005.
    I was planning to do an off road trip in my Hilux, well OZ is the place to do it. devious:
    I also wanted to see Mark Skaife & the boys racing at Mount Panorama.
    Id thought about having a general drive around to see it all.
    I suppose that Ill have to go shopping with my wife.
    & most importantly Id like to go and join in on at least 1 Z meet & share a few cold beers with the boys !
    After I think the adventure will really start as I was going to send the car to some where like India & drive back home. Im planning to semi retire the end of 2004 so Ill have time to do a once in a lifetime trip.
    Closer to the date when I know when & where Im going to be Ill post a thread inviting everyone to the party. :

Member ID
    CZCC-4913

The street is not a race corse... can a even experiance driver expect a child to run out in the road ? if your doing the speed limit you would at least stand a chance in stoping... but if you where speeding your reaction time is longer.. your braking distance is lengthed not too mention risk to others..

Think twice... you will learn 1 day..

I just hope it is before you clean up a little 6year old girl with her dolls in her hand.

No such thing as safe speeding..
    1979 280zx Fairlady Z
    HGS130-000713
    L28-306538

1981 280zx
    HGS130-193087
    KHGS130MBC

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

Originally posted by 280zx Fever
    I just hope it is before you clean up a little 6year old girl with her dolls in her hand.
    Orr in my case, a little boy chasing his toy truck down (downhill) the driveway apron into the street.

I was on my way back from Saturday-morning-coffee. My casual speed gave me time to see it coming. Maybe all that caffeine perked up my reflexes?

Member ID
    CZCC-3769

280zx Fever: Just wondering who that was directed at?
    Last edited by Murph; 01-21-2004 at 06:12 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-4028

And none of the "beware for the children" warnings apply on a limited access highway. We've already discussed that the speed limits have different importances depending on whether you're on a surface street, in a neighborhood, or on the highway. It drives me nuts when people take a broad brush across an entire set of unrelated (or at least very different) situations and stamp them with some platitude. "There is no such thing as safe speeding" means nothing without context.
    Mark Brandyberry
    1970 240Z (11/69) HLS30 00215
    1978 280Z (05/78) HLS30 466356
    IZCC #802 & CZC#4028

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

Originally posted by mdbrandy
    "There is no such thing as safe speeding"
    ooooooooo.... you're in trouble now....

I say that too, but it probably means something different to everybody.
    I still think it's a good thing to say, in general (no matter what context).

Member ID
    CZCC-3769

Originally posted by 280zx Fever No such thing as safe speeding..
    No such thing as safe driving of a car.

Member ID
    CZCC-2520

OOOOOHHH, BOY. Here we go again !!!

Look, let's face it. Any vehicle, be it a 22 wheel Semi or a pushbike, can be deadly in the hands of inexperienced drivers.

Now, anyone who has been following this thread knows my thoughts on exceeding the posted speed limits. However, given a choice, I'd prefer to ride as a passenger in a car travelling at 110kph driven by an EXPERIENCED driver than 80kph by a NOVICE.

It's the lack of proper TRAINING and EXPERIENCE that's ONE of the main causes of our youth losing their lives on the highway battlfield.

And that makes me bloody and with frustration because the politicians keep saying things must change but no politician is game to suggest any RADICAL changes because it would probably be political suicide to do so.

Rick.

Member ID
    CZCC-3769

*Datto-zed watches the pigs fly past the window*

I agree 100% with Rick.

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

Pigs on my end too!

I don't one of any politicians that will actually DO the things they say. In their defense, it isn't easy to get new laws passed either. Unless pressed, people are (classic 3 vices):

Greedy, vain and fearful

and some are:
    st00pit
    lazy
    dishonest

From all that, you get the worst thing about certain trivers:

"I have a licence! That means I KNOW how to drive safely!"
    Obviously, too many licensed drivers over-estimatetheir ability. I hope none of them drive Zeds.

....And that's what this topic is all about.

Member ID
    CZCC-4913

That was not directed at anyone. in particular just rather as a statement..

No mater in what context there is no such thing as safe speeding..

Today for instance i was traviling my normal route to my mates place along the forshore and a little kid about 5-6 years old road his bike out in frnot of me.. Even at 50km/h i had little room to stop... mind you i still did but if i was traviling 60-65km/h i would of had no chance.. and would of had to live with killing a child for the rest of my life but if i had of stuck to the speed limit i would of mised him like i did.

Im 18 and i dont take myself to be a great driver whilst im ok im no Forumula 1 Driver.. Hence why i take my time.. take care watch out on the roads for other users.. and make sure i stay out of trouble..

You all know my thoughts on speeding so no point going on about them
    1979 280zx Fairlady Z
    HGS130-000713
    L28-306538

1981 280zx
    HGS130-193087
    KHGS130MBC

Member ID
    CZCC-3769

I aplaud you for having such a mature/sensible stance on the issue for your age. It's pretty rare.

However I do have to disagree on your point that there is no safe speeding. This is only correct in the same way that (as I said yesterday) there is no safe driving of a car.

The simple fact is that there is risk as soon as your car starts moving, regardless of where you are, who's around and how fast you're going. However, what we have to look at is acceptable/reasonable risk.

In your example, yes, the risk from traveling faster than 50kph would have been unacceptable. The thing is there are instances where the posted speed limit can be exceeded without creating excessive risk.

For example, the highway. We have some excellent highways in this country, yet they are all posted at a max of 100, and in some places 110. Many of these would be perfectly safe at say 120-130 (I'm talking about highway sections further out away from towns where the traffic is lighter). Look at most other countries in the world, they have much higher highway limits. Eg in the US they now have 70mph (or was it 75) in many states*. In the european countries limits around the 140kph mark aren't uncommon.

*Reserch has shown the highway death toll in the states that have increased their speed limits, has dropped.

Another example: Where I live we are all on 5 acre blocks, it's a good 2 lane road with only light traffic and a posted speed limit of 60km/h. Now head out to Jensen, another suburb on the ouskirts of the other side of town. The roads, block size, traffic etc there is pretty much exactly the same as it is here, yet it has an 80km/h limit. Why? I don't know.

80 would be fine on either road in the day time, although 60 is about right at night due to the wildlife (or 50km/h with zed headlights ). But that's a case of people needing to know how to drive to the conditions.
    Last edited by Murph; 01-22-2004 at 05:08 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

Originally posted by Datto-Zed
    Eg in the US they now have 70mph (or was it 75) in many states. Reserch has shown the highway death toll in the states that have increased their speed limits, has dropped.
    gor the same reason, the death toll on the german Autobahn is significantly less. Even though they are going 200+ kph, their drivers are focused on the driving and not on the radio, DVD, or even cupholders(!) I recently saw a program on Porsches & Audis which showed how only the American ones had cupholders. The german customers requested they be removed!

How about that for people serious about driving well.

For the same reason, I am against having cupholders, DVD, dashboard computers, even loud radios. Cupholders are only good for holding loose change! Radios should be limited to 5 watts.& 4 inch speakers.

Peace, Baby.

Member ID
    CZCC-5509

A couple of points that I would like to make. Here in Spain on the Motorways the speed limit is set at 120 kph. The police oficially let you drive at 150 kph without fines, etc. They will take your license of you for a month at 180 kph. Most cars drive at 150 / 160 kph. The accidents Ive seen here on the motorways have had nothing to do with excess speed just bad driving. Please dont use rear view mirrors or indicators. They judge distances badly. Some just drive too aggresively. May it would be a good idea to have varying classes of car driving licenses like we have here for motor bikes. Firstly at 14 after a theory test you can drive a 50cc. Then at 17 after a proper test you can have a 125 , after 2 years experience you can get a 250 or a bike restricted to 34 bhp. After another 2 years you can drive any bike. Maybe a driving license restricted to cars with say 60 bhp for the first 2 years then up to say 100, then more complete with driving tests no just to do stupid things like a hill start but important aspects like defensive driving, increased road awareness. I also think that for peformance cars drivers should have track experience so that they really know whats going on.

Member ID
    CZCC-2520

Yair, Symon,
    I said much the same thing earlier in this thread.

As things stand here in Oz, there is nothing to stop a person who has just passed their driving test from getting into a high powered muscle car and driving interstate. Now, that's asking for trouble.

Problem is, a little 4 cylinder buzz bomb can go fast enough to kill or maim an inexperienced driver if it gets wrapped around a tree.

Newly licensed drivers should not be allowed on the open highway without first receiving training on handling a vehicle at speeds above 80kph.

O.K., so experience only comes with time spent behind the wheel but, PROPER, more EXTENSIVE TRAINING could possibly keep young drivers alive long enough to GAIN that experience.

Rick.

Member ID
    CZCC-5374

While I agree with rick on experience of high speed driving being needed for the highways. I must add that the only times I believe I have been in a situation that was scary (not life threatening, just those moments where you go "phew" glad I noticed that!) have been driving in the city, goping slow.

I guess it all depends on where you grow up, 'cos I grew up in the country doing 100 regularly, but of course most country driving involves going straight and looking out for animals. Where as city driving requires far more attention to the oncoming traffic and also a greater knowledge of road rules.

So maybe we need regional restricitons on liscences unless certain skills can be shown in a test situation.

Member ID
    CZCC-5195

This article is right out of our newspaper here today and I immediately thought of this thread. A 56 year old man in a 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28 was racing a Corvette on a city street. The speed limit was 45mph and they were topping speeds of 90mph. The Camaro driver lost control, crossed over the median and killed 3 kids in another car and also killed his wife riding in the Camaro with him. This is what HIS attorney said:

"We know he was going faster than the speed limit. The problem was that the rear tires of his Camaro lost traction, sending him out of control and into an oncoming car, killing four people. Perhaps a finicky traction control system is to blame."

Can you believe it!!! This is why some attorneys make me furious!!!!!
    Zweet

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

I think I forgot to mention that in Germany, you have to be 18 to get a license, it takes about a year and about US$2000, so it kinda weeds out the cheeper, less serious people who think driving is a right to be easily had.

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

I'm not suprisee at what that attorney said. I wouldn't be suprised if both those people wanted to sue to the car company or the trire manufacturer!

ST000PIT!! ( with 3 zeros!)

Member ID
    CZCC-3294

Originally posted by zrush
    Can you believe it!!! This is why some attorneys make me furious!!!!!
    Just remember, it's 99% of attorneys that make all the rest look bad.
    -Mike
    Add your Z to my online spreadsheet registry

Member ID
    CZCC-2520

The deaths were tragic.

At 56 y.o.a. the Camaro driver should have had more bloody sense.
    Now, whether he gets a prison sentence or not, he has to live with the knowledge that HE is responsible for the deaths of 3 inocent kids and his wife.

Going through life with the knowledge that YOU have KILLED people is a very heavy burden to bear.

Rick.

Member ID
    CZCC-4695

He probably wont get a prison sentence because of his age. But if it had been a teenager who was driving they would have gotten time for sure, especially if it had been three older people killed rather than younger people.

So how old was the driver of the car he was racing???

Member ID
    CZCC-5509

What an idiot with the Camaro ! When I want to go fast I go to a race circuit. I prove to myself how good or bad I am as a driver !
    I agree with Mr Volvo, that driving through a city can be a dangerous experience. It appears that most people, especially the motorbike drivers, practice with a Playstation before leaving home . When I go to Barcelona city I normally go in my Hilux 4x4 ( with raised suspension, battle scars from off roading, etc ) & most people give me a wide berth because they they will come off worse .

Member ID
    CZCC-5195

Witnesses to the tragic race say the Camaro driver was starting off from the green light. The Corvette driver cut off the witnesses to drag the Camaro. So the Corvette driver was the instigator, but the Camaro driver should have left it alone. The newspaper never mentioned anything about the what happened to the Corvette driver. I expect he saw the accident in his rear view mirror and high-tailed it out of there and was long gone. To me, he's just as responsible for the deaths as the Camaro driver. These types continue to do this until they kill themselves.
    Zweet

Member ID
    CZCC-5077

O.K. here goes, I have read this thread with interest for some time and I have been surprised (and impressed) that it hasn't become a cop bashing fiasco.

I am a T.M.U. (Traffic Management Unit) member of the Victoria Police. I worked afternoon shift this arvo (Australia Day) and had the absolute pleasure of attending yet another fatal accident. Fortunately this time I did not have to explain to mum and dad why little johnny wont be coming home.

Did the driver (who at this stage is still alive) crash because of his speed? Of course not, he crashed because he made a mistake, it is too early to tell if it was because of the alcohol he had consumed, lack of experience with the road or general stupidity... but one passenger (possibly two, I will know when I go back to work three hours from now) are dead because of the speed the car was travelling when it hit the tree.

Speed enforcement is used because it is an easy fix. Over the years the road toll has dropped considerably but the number of collisions (they are never accidents) has remained constant. My theory is that the road toll has dropped due to a combination of greater vehicle safety, better roads and lower speeds.

I hate speed camera's, but blind fear of them has caused the majority of drivers to slow down, like I said earlier, it is an easy fix. Yes I think the government should put them at black spots, not safe open roads, I think the public would be more tolerant of them of they were used responsibly.

Most suburban collisions happen at intersections. Fine, more red light camera's.

To really reduce the number of collisions on our roads, drivers have to wake up. Training has merit, although I have met a stack of P plate drivers over the years who tried to tell me that they were really good drivers because they attended a weekend course in defensive driving. People need to realise that a car can be a weapon, and that driving is a responsibility not a right.

I have two sons, I just spent the last half hour watching them sleep, it scares the hell out of me that they are going to grow up and be passengers in cars driven by other teenagers. When I look back at some of the stupid things my friends and I did as a teenager in cars, it is a wonder any of us got the chance to grow up at all. I learned from my stupidity some people never get the chance to learn.....

Death sucks, I am going to go and give my kids a hug and then lay in bed and stare at the ceiling until it is time to go back to work.
    He who dies with the most toys...
    Still dies

Member ID
    CZCC-2972

Thanks Rusty1 for owning up here to being, of all things in this thread, a traffic cop.

Me too, I've done some silly things and my 'collisions' allowed me to walk away and learn. I'm already more defensive now than I was 5 years ago and doubly so compared to my early twenties. I don't want to end up like Mr Volvo (only kidding) but we've all got the responsibility to take it easier, respecting others (and ourselves).

I just wish it was easier and cheaper to take my car to a track and enjoy it in 'comparative' safety and without risking others ! It's mostly frustration that sends people crazy like that Camaro driver - if he'd had access to a track every Saturday, he wouldn't have felt his manhood at risk by a complete stranger !

Thanks also for the reflection regarding your kids - I'm a father to be and I owe it to him/her ? to be there and to be there to ensure that he/she, stays there too !
    1970 240Z wreck
    1977 260Z 2+2
    1981 280ZX 2 seater
    1982 280ZX 2 seater
    1989 300ZX N/A 2+2

Member ID
    CZCC-5077

Sean,

I think you have hit the nail on the head, cars are fun, driving fast is fun, I have been fortunate, I am in a motorcycle club that gets regular track time at the Phillip Island Grand Prix circuit, riding and driving fast is an incredible adrenalin rush.

The point I was trying to make about road driving but forgot to mention was that attitude is everything. If every driver on the road was thinking about their driving, observing the road hazards and adjusting their driving to suit, I would be out of a job and there would be no need for speed limits etc

I will never forget a lecture I attended from a Police Motorcycle Instructor, I do not remember the details but he covered reaction times and the distance on meters per second a vehicle travelled at a given speed. He was able to prove that a motorcycle travelling at 160 kph with a rider who was "switched on" (concentrating) could stop faster than a motorcycle travelling at 100 kph with a rider who was simply "going with the traffic flow" and not paying any particular attention to his surroundings. Speed limits are set for the lowest common denominator of driver, and unfortunately I can't see that changing.
    He who dies with the most toys...
    Still dies

Member ID
    CZCC-2972

Still frustrating though when the "the lowest common denominator of driver" doesn't even reach the speed limit or hangs around in the middle / left hand lane of a motorway !

Stay alive guys !
    1970 240Z wreck
    1977 260Z 2+2
    1981 280ZX 2 seater
    1982 280ZX 2 seater
    1989 300ZX N/A 2+2

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

The only way to really reduce tragedies IMO, is for people to mature as a whole. You might say that people in general haven't changed too much since the Industrial age began, becoming more technologically sophisticated doesn't mean that we can make safe use of what is here for us.

Like the drug use pandemic, or smoking, if people were REALLY mature, they would be happy without these things. It just takes a lot of TIME. Hopefully the world will survive until then.

Member ID
    CZCC-5374

I don't want to end up like Mr Volvo (only kidding)
    Hey, I come from a 5 volvo family, we can safely say its something that is bread into you. I wouldn't be too worried.

Rusty1 very poignant post. Just remember that by having a father who respects and is knowledgeable of the dangers of cars, your kids are much safer than so many others. I can safely say that both my car nut mates, and not guys who drive 'sick' VL's, just regular people who have been interested in cars for their entire life are the safest drivers I know.
    And interestingly, female friends who thought that the car only had one gear when it was an automatic are the ones that make me feel unsafe.

-David

Member ID
    CZCC-2520

Rusty 1,

Thank you .

Rick.

Member ID
    CZCC-20060

I got busted a couple weeks ago for doing 67 in a 45 zone. All I was doing was coasting down this hill. But it was my own damn fault. Cool thing is that the cop said that since I was honest with him, he let me go with a 60 in a 45(since 65 or faster would've been an additional fine). I learned my lesson: Don't go that way anymore, go another way. Hahaha I'm such a smartass!

1977 280Z(early) HLS30-353743
    NEVER send a Z to a junkyard, garage it and restore it.

Former frequent poster sblake01's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-3797

Thank you for reviving this 5+ year old thread. One can nevr get enough of that special Ohio widsom.
    2004 Ford Ranger EDGE Supercab
    (@Moonpup: This one really is an EDGE!)
    2005 Pontaic GTO
    2010 Mercedes Benz C300 AMG Sportline (Wife's car)
    2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
    Certified HVAC/MVAC Technician

Member ID
    CZCC-1278

You get the Indian Jones award for thread archaeology
    www.nostalgictrio.com Skyline - Silvia - Fairlady Z
    www.ozdat.com The Australian Datsun site.
    www.cafepress.com/vintagedatsun

Thread Information