Thread: Felt to slide against the windows - how to replace?

Member ID
    CZCC-1243

Default Felt to slide against the windows - how to replace?

This is not 240K specific, as IIRC the Z (and most other cars) are the same in this respect. Glass scratches. You may recall I posted a while ago asking if there was any way to repair those small streaking scratches that are barely noticeable but really annoying for the car owner. Well, it's only getting worse, and the cause must be this felt that rides against the window when rolling it up and down. I thought I'd see if I could replace this stuff. I've included a couple of pictures and a diagram (the red part is what I'm talking about) to let you know what I'm talking about.

I bought some stick-on felt stuff from a hobby store and have cut it to fit (shown in one of the pictures). This looks like it might do the job, but I'm worried about how waterproof it will be, whether it will hold any junk, and the extra pressure it will exert on the glass seeing as it adds an extra 2mm to the part. Note that the rubber part and felt (at least that's what I think it used to be) part are one and the same.

Has anyone tried to fix this before? Ideally I'd just get a replacement for the whole rubber part, but I wouldn't know where to start to find one of those... So anyone have any bright ideas? And before you say check the parts car, those are just as bad. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diagram.gif 
Views:	77 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	9636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	felt01.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	9637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	felt02.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	9638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	felt03.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	9639  

Member ID
    CZCC-5448

Try Scotts Old Auto Rubber in Melbourne. The stuff he sells for the Z is a very good fit.

http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.a...0240Z-260Z.htm

Cheers
    Warren
    1973 240Z S30 102195
    2004 350Z

Member ID
    CZCC-1243

Thanks Warren! I tried but unfortunately no luck, and nothing suitable from the generic bunch. Good idea though, would have worked if I had a Z . Will let you know what happens -

Thread Information