Thread: Message to the GUYS of CZCC

Member ID
    CZCC-4

Default Message to the GUYS of CZCC

Guys, we have to stop chasing off every female member that joins our club. I seem to remember about 4-5 female members that just don't come around anymore because we're too busy making stupid remarks or sending messages that could be considered offensive.

I understand that automotive clubs are generally male dominated, but, would you really say the things in person that you say in these messages on a forum? If someone was right in front of you at a social gathering, would you really say these things?

I don't want to make this sound out of proportion because there are some female members that don't have any objections. I just wanted to count on you guys to help out the club by being good to the rare and select few ladies that do bother to buy Z's.

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-17195

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    but, would you really say the things in person that you say in these messages on a forum? If someone was right in front of you at a social gathering, would you really say these things?
    Welcome to the Internet...
    11/75 - 1976 280Z - #HLS30-282,503
    Metallic Blue #305

Member ID
    CZCC-6791
    Sierra Foothills outside of SACRAMENTO, CA

Mikewags... You made me shake my head with disappointment with your statement. Did you stop to think about what you are sending, or was it an impulse send?

Maybe I should think longer about chastizing you in a public forum, but I find your belligerence disturbing.
    Mat
    AKA MatMan
    MatM@M2Differentials.com

m2differentials.com

01/71 HLS30-19724 original 918, 4 speed, ready for the 5 spd swap, and R200 diff from the '81ZX
    08/71 HLS30-41979 multicolored auto, but under the knife - SOLD!!
    81 ZX Grey/blue 5-speed donor car, runs! - SOLD!!
    82 ZX Black auto T-top - motor/3.90 R200 donor car - MOST excellent PAPER WASP condo. - SOLD!!

Member ID
    CZCC-17195

but I find your belligerence disturbing.
    Are you kidding me?

It's common knowledge that people will say all sorts of things on the internet - the kind of things they wouldn't dare say in RL. Maybe it has to do with the lack of accountability that comes with being behind a computer screen. I am not justifying this in any way, but that's just how things are.

I'm sorry that stating the obvious has offended you.
    Last edited by mikewags; 08-19-2008 at 02:25 PM.
    Metallic Blue #305

Member ID
    CZCC-1420

Quote Originally Posted by mikewags View Post
    Are you kidding me?

It's common knowledge that people will say all sorts of things on the internet - the kind of things they wouldn't dare say in RL. Maybe it has to do with the lack of accountability that comes with being behind a computer screen. I am not justifying this in any way, but that's just how things are.

Regarding the sentence in your statement, "Maybe it has to do with the lack of accountability that comes with being behind a computer screen.", has something to do with it! Isn't a lack of accountability, in this case, a personal trate and something we all should have control of?

Tom

Member ID
    CZCC-6791
    Sierra Foothills outside of SACRAMENTO, CA

Thanks, 240ZX.

My point was that the OWNER of CZC asked us to exhibit a higher standard of protocol, and then you, mikewags, respond in a flippant and arrogant manner. Show some humility.

If it is "common knowledge" that the members here are crass and base, this is the first time I have heard of it.
    Mat
    AKA MatMan
    MatM@M2Differentials.com

m2differentials.com

01/71 HLS30-19724 original 918, 4 speed, ready for the 5 spd swap, and R200 diff from the '81ZX
    08/71 HLS30-41979 multicolored auto, but under the knife - SOLD!!
    81 ZX Grey/blue 5-speed donor car, runs! - SOLD!!
    82 ZX Black auto T-top - motor/3.90 R200 donor car - MOST excellent PAPER WASP condo. - SOLD!!

Member ID
    CZCC-1490

...snip...It's common knowledge that people will say all sorts of things on the internet - the kind of things they wouldn't dare say in RL. ...snip.... I am not justifying this in any way, but that's just how things are.

Mikewags, you've missed the main point behind Mike G's post.

Whle it may be true that people do post all sorts of things on the internet, and that they are things that they wouldn't say face to face with someone, by accepting that that is the way "things are" IS a form of justification. The only way to combat that is to not allow it to happen in specific forums, as Mike is saying.

Mike's point is that he is requesting that we DO NOT do that kind of internet bullying here and that we treat female members with respect. Whether they are accosted with sexual innuendo, or being belittled for not behaving according to the established forum decorum, or being chided for not knowing how to repair their cars, it's the kind of attack that we wouldn't do to another member who is male.

Those of us who have volunteered to assist in the day to day management of the site do try to keep an eye on things but, as has been seen, sometimes it falls on deaf ears (or prints in an invisible font).

For the benefit of those who may not know, Mike G, the Yellow Jedi, is the owner of this site. He doesn't usually step up to the plate and make a post of this type. I've seen other forums literally torn apart, or plainly shut down instead of the admin making a request of this type.

All that being said, if we ALL practised a bit more tolerance and acceptance we wouldn't have incidents of the type that precipitated this thread.

FWIW
    E

Former frequent poster sblake01's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-3797

........we're too busy making stupid remarks or sending messages that could be considered offensive
    That isn't even what took place. The person that you are likely referring to tried to justify some things that she was doing here that some people found objectionable and when people voiced their opinions she took offense. Everyone is entiitled to their opinion and everone is entitled to their reaction. People were polarized, pro and con. I don't recall any of it being offensive and way too much was made of it. If she left, no one told her to, it was her choice. Mike, you said it yourlself in your other post:
    I finally realized that's it's NOT possible to please everyone all of the time.
    Last edited by sblake01; 08-19-2008 at 03:30 PM.
    2004 Ford Ranger EDGE Supercab
    (@Moonpup: This one really is an EDGE!)
    2005 Pontaic GTO
    2010 Mercedes Benz C300 AMG Sportline (Wife's car)
    2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
    Certified HVAC/MVAC Technician

Member ID
    CZCC-15388

What did I say? *confused look*

Seriously,

If I correctly understand who / what we are talking about, unless there was something happening in PM's, I don't think anything said was out-of-line. Blunt perhaps, but not out of line.

I read "most" of the posts in question, but not all. My impression is that the issues were related more to the young lady's maturity and the age difference compared to those who frequently post on this site.

To be more specific, I admit to finding the use of "texting" language on a BB to be slightly objectionable. Heck, if you read my posts, translating my "mis-types" is bad enough!

I agree with Mike and think it is good that he remind us to maintain a minimum standard of behavior in our communications, especially since they are somewhat "anonymous" by virtue of the web.

That said, I confess to possibly "Putting-Off" one of the female members when I first discovered this site. When the lady posted that she lived in my area, I suggested a casual meeting of Z owners in the area. (In a reply post, not a PM). I got the distinct impression she got the wrong idea. I re-read my posting and didn't see anything inappropriate, but then my wife occasionally tells me I'm clueless...
    Julio
    1972 240Z (in-progress, 95% complete)
    CZC# 15388

Member ID
    CZCC-17195

Regarding the sentence in your statement, "Maybe it has to do with the lack of accountability that comes with being behind a computer screen.", has something to do with it! Isn't a lack of accountability, in this case, a personal trate and something we all should have control of?
    Welcome to the real world where not everyone shares the same traits and values. Do you even think it necessary that Mike would have to come on here and post something along these lines? It's common knowledge not to be an ass; but you still have to tell some people once in a while.

My point was that the OWNER of CZC asked us to exhibit a higher standard of protocol, and then you, mikewags, respond in a flippant and arrogant manner. Show some humility.
    I don't see what the problem is. You almost make it sound like a personal attack against you, the members of this forum, and the owner (Mike). Maybe you think you are sticking up for the website or something --- whatever it is, you're the one being offensive.

If it is "common knowledge" that the members here are crass and base, this is the first time I have heard of it.
    You've obviously taken what I've said out of context.

That being said...

I haven't been on the forums for a very long time, but I have always kept it clean and consistent with the theme of CZCC. I'm sorry if I've offended Mike or any of you members for that matter. I think what I said was pretty harmless and needs to be seen for what it is; instead of nit-picked apart and blown out of proportion. I think that is what has happened here.
    Last edited by mikewags; 08-19-2008 at 04:42 PM.
    Metallic Blue #305

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

I personally did not find this comment objectionable, flippant or arrogant. Just kind of said "tongue in cheek" and it is a matter of fact regarding the Internet.

If we are speaking of the Sexiest Girl on this site (hopefully I can use that), I too did not really see anything objectionable posted. Possibly in a P.M. but nothing that was out of line. The post regarding use of "txt'g lingo" was about as bad as I saw.

I kept in mind the girl was only 16 first and foremost. I did get a "friend request" from her and accepted but would have done that with any user on here.

I hate to post this comment, but will anyway. Is it possible that she may have brought some of the unwanted comments by her own posts? I hate to sound like a sexist pig but a few of her remarks left me wondering if she welcomed that type of thing.

Far be it from me to claim a holier than thou attitude, I like women as much as the next guy but this board isnt the place to engage in that type of activity. Go to a chat room

I think that she should be more than welcomed here, afterall, she has an appreciation of the Z as we all do. I hope no one takes this the wrong way, just my 2 cents, I dont want/need to trun this into some type of a "flame" posting.
    1977 280Z
    I'm great at taking my Z apart, putting it back together has been a whole different story.

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

This is basically what happened in the thread in question. Difference of opinion. Everyone has the right to 'agree to disagree'. Sometimes I think the collective 'skin' could be a little thicker, however.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-17195

I never would have thought that the thread the girl in question started would have offended her way off of this website. I really didn't even find anything offensive in that thread, besides the lack of approval on "text speak" (but who would get upset over that anyways?)

Upon seeing this thread, I honestly thought members were sending her inappropriate PM's or something of the likes.

I'll watch what I say here: but the girl seems like a tease that enjoys getting attention. Posting a bunch of revealing photos of yourself on a guy-dominated car website the first few days isn't just inappropriate, but pretty dangerous. Same applies for the "sexiest girl on website" stuff. It's almost asking for some kind commentary or confrontation.

If I were her parents I would be worried about my 16 y/o daughter being so revealing to a bunch of strangers.
    Last edited by mikewags; 08-19-2008 at 05:13 PM.
    Metallic Blue #305

DachshundTooAteEasy
    Member ID
    CZCC-17001

...I couldn't bring myself to wade through the above mess after a while...

In any case, because the avenue has been opened, this forum seems to have a host of very friendly, knowledgeable people, and many rather more vicious, yet knowledgeable people who have probably chased off many men from participating on this site, let alone women, and likely account for the meeker demeanor of a few of the more jolly types here. A sense of humor seems to be lacking in many cases... Why should we be so uptight when we drive such relaxing/cheap to maintain cars as Zs

As for the "Welcome to the Internet" comment, this is probably the forum I've been to that feels least like it, for the good and the bad... This place almost seems like an island where internet rules don't apply...

Not that I'm threatening to leave or anything
    Last edited by Danglybanger; 08-19-2008 at 05:20 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-11808

I wouldnt be to concerned really, the other automotive forum I frequent is far more politically correct than this one and they dont have any girls either.........

"theres nothing to it, but to do it"

Steve
    10/70 240z
    91 300zx tt
    04 350z

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

Quote Originally Posted by Danglybanger View Post
    ...I couldn't bring myself to wade through the above mess after a while...

and many rather more vicious, yet knowledgeable people who have probably chased off many men from participating on this site, let alone women
    You know, until I read this post, I didnt really relate the chasing off men comment but I have to agree. There are a select few that seem to like the phrase "Use the search feature, this has been covered already"

I for one think this would become a less desirable place if it were not for people actaully POSTING on here. I would hazard to guess that just about EVERY concievable topic has been covered on this forum over the years.

If I could do a little (butt) kissing up...I nominate SBlake01 as the user of the year! I have used the search feature (ad nauseum) on here and have read Stephen's posts from years ago and pretty much the same thing from months ago. He is always there to offer help and great advice to people (like me) that dont really know there way around cars, to the more experienced home mechanics. I am grateful for this site and users such as him.
    1977 280Z
    I'm great at taking my Z apart, putting it back together has been a whole different story.

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

Quote Originally Posted by luv24ds View Post
    I wouldnt be to concerned really, the other automotive forum I frequent is far more politically correct than this one and they dont have any girls either.........
    I guess they do not have "boobs" thread then??
    1977 280Z

Member ID
    CZCC-17195

I nominate SBlake01 as the user of the year!
    I second that; not only because he is one of the most helpful users on the site; but because he has one of the best colors on his Z.
    Metallic Blue #305

Member ID
    CZCC-11808

Quote Originally Posted by MEZZZ View Post
    No, but they experimented with a political sub forum....... it lasted about 3months before it was completely out of hand.

Its a pretty large and sucessful forum. Here are their latest numbers.
    Members: 19,978 | Threads: 143,546 | Posts: 1,144,006

Steve
    10/70 240z
    91 300zx tt
    04 350z

Member ID
    CZCC-14425

I agree with Mikewags, Sblake01 has been very helpful to me since I have joined the forum. Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but, I do think the primise of Mike's post has been missed somewhere along the way. Like Sblake01 said, everyone has the right to agree to diagree. However, that does not give members of the forum free reign to post whatever pops into their head or fingertips for that matter. I have always lived by some things are better left unsaid. I you think it might be offensive, than it probably is. Ok, I will step down from my pulpit now. Mike's post needed to be said to keep us all on the same page.

Brad R.

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

Quote Originally Posted by luv24ds View Post
    No, but they experimented with a political sub forum....... it lasted about 3months before it was completely out of hand.

Its a pretty large and sucessful forum. Here are their latest numbers.
    Members: 19,978 | Threads: 143,546 | Posts: 1,144,006
    I would agree that it would get out of hand. @ things should be off subject here (females not one of them)...politics and religion!

Speaking of stats, here is a site I came across a couple months ago (when this board was down for days) using Google. Shows alot of stats, including who the most frequent posters were in the past week (I saw my name on there, maybe my wife was right about me sitting here too long

http://boardreader.com/sp/Classic_Zcar_Club_17233.html
    1977 280Z

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

Thanks for the accolades. About the topic, I just didn't see anything offensive in that post. I can't understand why Dan is so defensive of what took place in it either. What was 'vicious' in that thread?
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

Quote Originally Posted by sblake01 View Post
    Thanks for the accolades. About the topic, I just didn't see anything offensive in that post. I can't understand why Dan is so defensive of what took place in it either. What was 'vicious' in that thread?
    You are welcome, you deserve that and alot more Stephen.

If I ever make it out close to you, I would love to meet you and take you out to your favorite dining establishment. Now please dont think I am hitting on you, I would hate to see you leave this site
    1977 280Z

DachshundTooAteEasy
    Member ID
    CZCC-17001

...I wasn't referring specifically to that thread actually. Generally this forum hasn't seemed so friendly to newcomers in general (many "introduction" threads go completely bypassed, with no one sticking out a hand to shake), and the "use the search engine" mentality as mentioned is indeed present... Perhaps people are tired of talking about the same old, but with a 40 or so year old car, that's what the forum exists for (not like much new is happening in terms of Z maintenance) and often that attitude comes across as offputting. For those offenses, no one can particularly have blame...

It's true that this forum's social side is surprisingly slow to me, and maybe that's fueled my impression... It's surprising to me especially in the light of the fact that this site has every other topic completely covered, and you'd think there'd be a more fraternal aspect by now that maybe I just don't see.

I'm not trying to get on your bad side, Steve (after all, you live so close to me ), nor was I trying to single you out; on the contrary, as above when members read my post they seem to think of you as the one who is the exception, however I didn't understand a couple of your posts in the shout box
    Last edited by Danglybanger; 08-19-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

Ah, the stuff in the shout box was just opinion, nothing more. Just because I disagree with someone that doesn't put them on my bad side. Every site you visit, or at least the one's I visit, there are going to be things you like about them and things you don't. I think, overall, we're a pretty good group here. I don't really look for the 'social side' on a site. But, like anything else social, you can choose to participate or not. But when it gets intertwined with the non-social stuff, this is what happens. That was really the only complaint I had with that thread. The comments you're probably referring to were most likely:
    Oh..I forgot! This is her playground. I'll try to be more understanding.
    -and-
    Not as long as others are willing to play the 'my space' game.......
    Those were merely sarcasm which get lost with the written (typed) word.
    Last edited by sblake01; 08-19-2008 at 06:44 PM.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

DachshundTooAteEasy
    Member ID
    CZCC-17001

If you're up for it I will buy you a beer one of these days, I recall you saying you intended to head down to Murrieta for the opening of the Datsun Museum, I was thinking about going too, but don't let that scare you away

I'm not the biggest participator here, in terms of social or technical aspects of the site, but my point is that an increase in social activity would increase our level of community here... As it is, activity here is a bit on the slow side, I think.

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

Well, I don't drink but I will be at that opening (I wouldn't miss it!). You have under 100 posts and I have over 6000 and you've probably contributed more social comment than I. It's just not something I often do but it doesn't bother me unless it takes over during a technical discussion. I really don't spend much time in the social areas of this site so I wouldn't really know if they're slow or not.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-5428

God I miss the Bambikiller some times! CARL!!!!!!!!!!
    If you want it done right then do it yourself.

Member ID
    CZCC-5338

We are doing pretty good in the olympics this year huh?
    HLS30-217804 6/75 "The Unnatural One"

One
    Big
    Ass
    Mistake
    America

Member ID
    CZCC-8596

I for one find it somewhat refreshing to see this 'hot' topic with lots of back and forth barking, and not once has anyone mentioned not liking Alan's attitude!

Seriously folks, we all need to lighten up some. Mike is right about being respectful to the few ladies who visit, but that should really be extended to all users.
    Arne - Former owner, HLS30-37705, 7/71, 905 Red
    Car blogs - 240Z - Porsche 911

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

My feelings are STILL hurt over someone calling my Speedhut gauge faces ricer
    1977 280Z

Member ID
    CZCC-7009

...I, for one, don't appreciate Alan's attitude in this thread.

FTFY

On topic, I had to review the threads and posts by the member in question. The gallery was only of Betty Page-esque pics, the sig was suggestive, the avatar was suggestive (not much competition for Sexiest Girl on the Site, at least by numbers alone....) and some of her comments appeared to intend to goad some members on (One was stating something to the effect of "I have to go get some clothes on now..." huhwha!? Was this MySpace or a car forum???? One shouldn't start down that road if one doesn't want to see where it goes....

I feel like every newb gets some respectful response to the vast majority of questions, even the ones where clearly "Use the Search Function" needed to be imposed...If no one responds, it seems like it's because the question was dumb/inane/answered elsewhere or spamming/phishing/trolling for some off topic merchandise.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting comes to mind...

We are very polite and respectful on this forum (unlike some other Z Car and automotive forums I visit.) I would encourage everyone to envision sitting across the table from the folks with whom we discuss topics, because I'd like to think that if I ever get a chance to go to a big ZCar event I'd be able to enjoy meeting forum members face to face.

It's so easy just to be respectful.
    Last edited by xray; 08-19-2008 at 07:21 PM.
    Steve

HLS30-81167 restored, top to bottom.
    2001 M roadster Gehen sie Schneller!
    1987 SpecE30 Trackster...welcome home!
    Making up for owning a minivan...
    http://picasaweb.google.com/srcartermd

DachshundTooAteEasy
    Member ID
    CZCC-17001

My feelings are STILL hurt over someone calling my Speedhut gauge faces ricer
    Maybe it was a typo for "feces river"...

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

Maybe it was a typo for "feces river"...
    I feel sooo much better now, thanks for the clarification!

I'm going back to MySpace now and flirt with some women
    1977 280Z

Member ID
    CZCC-4148

Couple of comments:

Thanks to Mike who takes the brunt of this sort of thing for keeping this site. I appreciate how time consuming it can be and the effort he makes.

I don't agree with the poor 16-year-old's approach and think she created well over half of the controversy. In that respect, I agree with "welcome to the internet". It was all I could do to keep Her Majesty from bashing her to pieces. After all, we KNOW that Her Majesty is the sexiest... Tough call, but I don't think her pictures should have been approved.

You don't like his attitude...so? What's your point?
    Enjoy the Ride
    HLS30-00026
    HLS30-00027
    http://home.earthlink.net/~cwenzel/index.html
    Go Gators
    Go Butler Bulldogs

Member ID
    CZCC-17478

Oh my goodness,
    I'm not mad at anyone,
    I didn't get offended,
    I simply proposed to leave,
    I didn't actually leave,
    I've been swamped with homework because SOMEBODY has to go to collage in my family,
    and I can't believe all of you are making it into a big deal,
    I get that it's not just me, that it's other Z female members too,
    but still, whatever is about me, it didn't really phase me.
    The sexual jokes that I make on this site is simply because that is just how I am,
    I'm not trying to be a tease or a slut.
    The pictures that I posted were removed,
    they may have been inappropriate and dangerous to my own well being but I knew exactly what I was getting into and what I was doing.
    My parents are completely aware of anything I do on ANY website.
    I mean, I've been webmastering my own stuff for years now.
    I realize that because of my age, I may not be taken seriously and that there may be a conflict in opinions and I am prepared to take that risk.
    I am not a immature child though, regardless of what you may think, you don't know me, please don't just assume.
    I am here to learn more about my Z just as much as I am here to meet new and interesting people, if you don't want to deal with me, then don't.
    It'll save us both the grief.
    I don't mean to sound rude or ungrateful in any way, I am simply voicing my point of view to this whole ordeal.
    And last but not least, I am not "begging" for attention, I get enough of that on my school's TV show that I host.

Thank you to all.
    With All Due Respect,

Khrystina

Supporting Member
    Member ID
    CZCC-12938

Khrystina, I'm glad you're still here. You are after all the only friend I have on my list. I even tried to be my own friend but this is what I got... You can't be friends with yourself.
    Add a Member to Your List...so your it!

We were all 16 once, and maybe forget the way we were and what we did and how others saw us. We are all here because of our love for the Z, the quest for more knowledge and to get help with the problems that are sure to arise with an older classic. Some of us don't socialize much, and it can take years to get to know someone before you can talk freely without the danger of being misunderstood. I think that is all that has happened, that I can see anyhow. I will do my part to not scare away any women. I mean jeesh, I'm not going to change my avatar and I don't look good in a dress either!

Biafra for President e_racer1999's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-6883

Well, I missed a can of worms while I was away!

Welcome back, i guess?
    Jason King
    6/72 240Z / HLS30 89646 (Yellow)
    1996 Infiniti I30 *I finally have all Nissans again!*
    1971 510 4door (wife's car)
    IZCC Member #14186

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    As unfortunate as it may be, if you want to vintage race, go Euro....If you want to race for real, stick with the Z!

Member ID
    CZCC-17478

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Khrystina, I'm glad you're still here. You are after all the only friend I have on my list. I even tried to be my own friend but this is what I got... You can't be friends with yourself.
    Add a Member to Your List...so your it!

We were all 16 once, and maybe forget the way we were and what we did and how others saw us. We are all here because of our love for the Z, the quest for more knowledge and to get help with the problems that are sure to arise with an older classic. Some of us don't socialize much, and it can take years to get to know someone before you can talk freely without the danger of being misunderstood. I think that is all that has happened, that I can see anyhow. I will do my part to not scare away any women. I mean jeesh, I'm not going to change my avatar and I don't look good in a dress either!
    And I am stoked to be your friend!!
    I think your avatar is cute, it reminds me of Oscar from Sesame Street...lol
    no offense...
    With All Due Respect,

Khrystina

Member ID
    CZCC-4

The "welcome to the internet" wasn't actually offensive to me. I saw it and kinda mumbled to myself... yea, true....

There are also other comments I also agree with from others who have replied as well. In fact, I think we are all right on this subject. Just from the sheer number of replies in the last 4-5 hours, I can tell this is a topic that might tend to linger just like a discussion about politics.

One thing I do believe is that ANY member making a comment (man or woman) should remember to type as if you were standing right in front of the other person. Or, type as if you were making an announcement to a group of people in a room.......

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

'ATTA GIRL! I was hoping that all of this hadn't driven you away. The more this is discussed, the worse it seems. In my opinion, it really wasn't all that serious.
    Last edited by sblake01; 08-19-2008 at 09:56 PM.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-2509

As McLuhan put it so succinctly, "the medium IS the message", although he was referring to television, lol. None of us are professional writers (i don't think) and yet we are using little two-dimensional squiggles on a screen to try and convey not only our point of view on some subject, but also our emotional state about said subject.

Depending on each reader's interpretation, Mikewags statement could be construed as either; factual, ironic, demeaning, insensitive..... Emoticons were invented to help express the writers intent and reduce the possibility that they might be misinterpreted or taken in the wrong context. In fact that's exactly what Mikewags did in this case, and still his intent was mis-interpreted, lol.

Even when dealing with people face-to-face its easy to misread their body language or take things the wrong way. When Im on the Inter-web and Im not sure about the "intent" of something Im reading, I try not to read anymore into it than whats there. If im that concerned about it I will ask the writer for a clarification. This (plus my tinfoil hat) does wonders to ease my sense of paranoia.

cheers,

p
    1972 240Z Resto almost finished
    1983 280ZX This winter's project

Member ID
    CZCC-4106

Two of the things that makes this such a vital and living club are the diversity and the passion of its membership. It stands to reason that the two strongest forces in any club will sometimes go at it, this is one of those times-and most of you can count the others, and name the persons(multiple personalities) involved. This may be somewhat bothersome, but it is healthy as long as everyone remembers what they have invested in the club and what they get out. I know I get far more diamonds out that I put in, and I have had a couple of issues with several members, and even warnings from Mike early on. Surprisingly the first and most serious issue I had was with a member who I now talk to on the phone regularly. We found a common ground, and guess what, it was Z cars! Our friendship grew from there-here.
    He sent me something yesterday I found hilarious, and very pertinent to this thread.
    It is easy to disagree with someone, it is easy to insult someone, it is easy to look childish. It takes years on a difficult road to be an adult, sometimes all of us need figure out we took a wrong turn...
    Any girl with a Z, and interest in it belongs here.
    Will
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Impissed.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	24674  
    Last edited by hls30.com; 08-20-2008 at 07:31 AM.
    A Z is beautiful from any angle, I just happen to prefer to view from the drivers' seat!

Member ID
    CZCC-16545

Khrystina doesn't seem like the kind of gal who needs to be protected but I think Mike has a good point. If a woman posts here, no one should feel the need to protect them. They should be treated with respect.

As to the "Welcome to the Internet" comment. If the intention was to say 'this is the nature of the culture' and it is too bad... That is one thing. But if the intention was to say that 'this is the nature of the culture' and there is nothing you can do about it that is quite another and I see why Mat got defensive. I know Mat personally and I am sure if you can explain the intention of what you said he might be less offended. My wife (in the avatar picture) is a member of some of the sites I frequent under the screen name Yopu. She is always treated respectfully. Why should it be different here?
    Rob
    2000 BMW R1100 RT-SE (for sale)
    1999 Toyota 4Runner Supercharged
    1975 Porsche 914 stroker motor autoX car
    1973 Datsun 240Z Restoration project. New paint in original white. E31 head on 2.4 block. Nissan Motorsports header. R200 with Nissan motorsports LSD.

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

Quote Originally Posted by conedodger View Post
    My wife (in the avatar picture) is a member of some of the sites I frequent under the screen name Yopu. She is always treated respectfully. Why should it be different here?
    That is surprising she is always treated with respect. My daughter is on Myspace and its amazing what she has dealt with on there before she went to a private setting.

In the interest of science, I have changed my avatar to a photo taken of my lovely wife last winter, just to see how many hits I get to my nickname now
    1977 280Z

Member ID
    CZCC-11808

My wife (in the avatar picture) is a member of some of the sites I frequent under the screen name Yopu. She is always treated respectfully. Why should it be different here?

Does she have an similar photo of you in her avatar?

Steve
    10/70 240z
    91 300zx tt
    04 350z

Member ID
    CZCC-4106

Crossgenderavitaring?
    Yikes!
    I guess it is Ok as long as it is done with respect.
    Will
    A Z is beautiful from any angle, I just happen to prefer to view from the drivers' seat!

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

Quote Originally Posted by hls30.com View Post
    Crossgenderavitaring?
    Yikes!
    I guess it is Ok as long as it is done with respect.
    Will
    , now that word is a mouthful. I would probably get a lecture about crossgenderavataring on here from my significant other. Tomorrow is our 14th wedding annivesary, I asked for a new distributor for my Z!

I am just going to do it for a couple days, jsut to see how many hits I have to my page, totally unscientific, just having a bit of fun.
    1977 280Z

Member ID
    CZCC-12438

It's a very different world today. Kids are adults before they even get a chance to be kids. Young women seem to have to grow up or become more aware of things earlier than the guys.

I'm a 39 year old "kid" who like to play on Xbox Live. It's amazing what you'll hear from some of these kids. To me this is the new face of the Internet. Like the disclaimer says "Online experience may vary". I've been to LAN parties and heard the trash talk, etc but it's nothing compared to playing online.

It's easy to join a group such as ours and ruffle a few feathers right off the bat. (Without trying) My first posts were about POR products were a great lesson. Sometimes you've just got to learn what kind of audience you're dealing with. This site IS the best place for S30 owners to share/gain information and I'm really surprised that more Z owners aren't on it.

Having women on the site is cool but isn't our group mainly guys? As such they should expect some of us to be a little rough around the edges. To me, a woman's experience on this site should be no different than if she were with us as a group in person.

2c

Jim
    Japanese car, Japanese dog... Most loyal friends

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachiko

Member ID
    CZCC-16545

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyZ View Post

Having women on the site is cool but isn't our group mainly guys? As such they should expect some of us to be a little rough around the edges. To me, a woman's experience on this site should be no different than if she were with us as a group in person.

2c

Jim

The mentality is that the internet is like a masquerade party. No one really knows who you are so you can say things you wouldn't normally say without fear of getting your butt kicked or your face slapped.
    Perhaps my wife is treated well out of respect for me because most of the guys do know she is my wife. I don't know for sure.
    I propose, and I think what Mike is saying is that it is just as easy to be respectful and treat women on the site if not chivalrously at least like one of the guys... It is too easy an excuse to say that this is a bunch of guys acting like, well... guys. I hold a monthly event with Porsche owners and have invited Z owners, Mat and I are the only Z owners so far. Lots of times wives, girlfriends, daughters show up. If someone pulled that crap at the event they would be shown the door.
    It's simple. Like Mike, I want everyone to feel welcome.

MEZZ, good luck with your science experiment but I can tell you that I have been here for months and had that avatar the entire time. My profile has been visited only 17 times and 2 of those were me... I don't think it makes any difference in that regard. I just like looking at my wife
    Last edited by conedodger; 08-20-2008 at 05:07 PM.
    Rob
    1973 Datsun 240Z Restoration project. New paint in original white. E31 head on 2.4 block. Nissan Motorsports header. R200 with Nissan motorsports LSD.

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

Hey Mark, I like that idea. I'll use Daisey as my Crossgenderavitar for a while.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-12438

I propose, and I think what Mike is saying is that it is just as easy to be respectful and treat women on the site if not chivalrously at least like one of the guys... It is too easy an excuse to say that this is a bunch of guys acting like, well... guys. I hold a monthly event with Porsche owners and have invited Z owners, Mat and I are the only Z owners so far. Lots of times wives, girlfriends, daughters show up. If someone pulled that crap at the event they would be shown the door.
    It's simple. Like Mike, I want everyone to feel welcome.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm with you and chivalry is not dead. You won't find me treating anyone improperly regardless of gender.

Think of each forum as a huddle of people engaged in a conversation. For the most part everyone should be practicing proper social behavior. (All forums except funnybone) When a woman enters the "boobs" thread however how can you not expect the tone to change in that "circle". This is an instance where guys enganged in boob talk should able able to speak freely. If a woman were to make a few posts of such nature to a thread such as "boobs" then she would be stamped as being "OK" to relate to on that level. This would mean no offense taken on her part. It doesn't mean she is looking for something or needs to be hit on. This is greatly complicated when a minor wanders in to the fray.
    Last edited by JimmyZ; 08-20-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

MEZZ, good luck with your science experiment but I can tell you that I have been here for months and had that avatar the entire time. My profile has been visited only 17 times and 2 of those were me... I don't think it makes any difference in that regard. I just like looking at my wife

I think I might have been one of them myself

I have had 3 hits in the past couple hours since changing my Avatar. It just goes to show that men will be men, its a genetic thing.
    Last edited by MEZZZ; 08-20-2008 at 06:08 PM.
    1977 280Z

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

Hey Mark, I like that idea. I'll use Daisey as my Crossgenderavitar for a while.
    , I like Daisey better than the Saxophones, and I LOVE Sax music!
    1977 280Z

Member ID
    CZCC-12438

Hey! I just changed to my wifey. maybe I'll get some more traffic too.

Sblake is hot!!!!!!
    Last edited by JimmyZ; 08-20-2008 at 06:31 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyZ View Post
    Hey! I just changed to my wifey. maybe I'll get some more traffic too.

Sblake is hot!!!!!!
    I think so too but she's dblake.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-844

Wink

Hey, I hope you're not taking a shot at that thread, I might have to take offense.

Anyway, Mike G is doing the right thing as the owner of this site.
    Bryan Pilati
    1971 Datsun 240Z (8/71; 920 paint)
    IZCC #583; TZCC #16; CZC #110
    I'm never serious unless I should be.

Member ID
    CZCC-1490

FWIW
    Khrystina DID post to the Boob's thread.
    E

Member ID
    CZCC-3035

Actually, offensive messages long predate the Internet. Back 25 years ago, before the World Wide Web, when the Internet was a restricted network that connected college campuses, and a 1200 BPS modem was considered a mind boggling luxury, all the local BBS sites were filled with obnoxious people engaging in "flame wars".

Personally, even back then I had better things to do with my time than make people angry, but there are still people like that. (Even around here...)

As for the ladies on this site, I personally TRY to never say anything to them that I wouldn't say to one of my teenage daughters.

But if I start to say things like "You aren't actually planning to walk outside dressed like THAT are you?" or "So what is it that you find so attractive about high school drop-out losers who don't know what size pants they need?" well, just smack me or something.
    '71 240Z, Because any fool can drive fast in a straight line.

Member ID
    CZCC-17478

Default My Z

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Moore View Post
    But if I start to say things like "You aren't actually planning to walk outside dressed like THAT are you?" or "So what is it that you find so attractive about high school drop-out losers who don't know what size pants they need?" well, just smack me or something.
    Thats funny, you should take a leaf out of my mothers book.
    she wont let me go out with anybody who doesnt have a 3.0 or higher,
    and if the person in question doesnt have the grades, they have to work to have them before we can go out.
    its actually kind of funny.

But anyways, I think the crossgenderavitaring is cool, I should put a pic of my best friend then and act like him.XD
    but I just came back from youth group at church and today was HECTIC!!
    The Z couldnt make it from my house to Valencia High (autoshop class)it died half way there and I popped the clutch trying to get it out of the middle of the intersection ( because thats where it decided to crap out) so now I have to replace the clutch. So I pushed it to a DQ and walked to class, told my teacher what happened, one of the guys had a pick up with towstraps and we hauled it over to the class.
    we put it on the lift and when we all looked underneath, the frame was soooooo rusted...
    but yeah, its still up there, we are currently draining all the oil out and I'm going to start working on it tomorrow!!
    Heres some pics!!

With All Due Respect,

Khrystina

Member ID
    CZCC-2520

WHEW,

Good thing you explained your new avatar Stephen, I was beginning to worry about you.

Perhaps if one took the time to proof read his/her post/s, there'd be less chance for a comment to be misconstrued.

Rick.
    IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER.
    SINCE IT'S IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER.

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Bravo 6 View Post
    WHEW,

Good thing you explained your new avatar Stephen, I was beginning to worry about you.
    Just think of the havoc I could create on this site if that was me......
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-8920

Personally, I try to treat everyone on all the sites I visit as gender neutral. With the anonmity of the internet, it is very easy for guys to pretend to be girls, or vice versa just to mess with people (not that I am implying anyone on this site is doing so). So, just to be safe, gender neutral works best for me!

So, maybe everyone should use their Z as their Avatar to avoid any potential issues
    Last edited by DougN; 08-21-2008 at 05:47 AM.
    Doug

'73 240Z (HLS30-126840)(10/72) Yellow (64XXX original miles)
    '66 MGB (GHN3L108501)(12/14/66) BRG
    '10 BMW E93 Silver

Member ID
    CZCC-14423

I didn't want to get in on this, but some of you guys are just CRACKED! I've read a lot of posts by our guys towards new female members. Were some of the comments out of line?, you bet, but certainly no more than what you hear in the bars or at work or even in our own living rooms on the mind shredder we call TV. And for sure those women who took offense to it, were gonna feel the way they did no matter what. Those who didn't get it left, those who did have stayed. The ones that have decided to hang out with us typical guys are in it for the same reason we are, the love of a Z.

If we want to get down to brass tacks, I feel some of the pics posted in BOOBS are way to racy and I find myself not even opening new posts in that thread, because I come to this site to further my love and knowledge of the Z car and I like some of you, yes even you Stephen, and am curious about what you have to say. However just because I don't like some of what's being posted in that thread or others by people who on some days just seem to be mean, doesn't mean I'm leaving the forum. Maybe to be fair to our lady friends one of them could start a thread called PECS or JOHNSONS?

As for the 16 year old lady in our group, I have a 16 year old who has just informed me of my Title upgrade from Dad to Grandpa. Aren't I lucky? I think so, but.... So if all Khrystina is doin is gettin' a few of our jollies up ( I mean what cute 16 yo girl who's not related doesn't?) and loving her Z and being forced to date guys with passing grades who cares what she says or pics that she posts (except for moral issues for our host, not that he isn't entitled) she is only 16. Most of us have kids or grandkids that are that age. Did we all forget what Bill Cosby said? Let me refresh, all kids are born with brain damage! In two more years will it matter if she's draped all over the hood of her Z? It will to me, because If I ever see you do that again Khrystina, I'll drive to California and kick you right in the shins! That Z may be old and worn, but she is still a lady! Treat her as such

Back to my point. If a young man of Krystina's age were to do what Krystina has done would anyone be in such a huff? And if the ladies of the group were commenting on him the way some of our male members, pun intended, have posted would we be all worried about losing his membership?, no pun intened, I don't think so. Girls are just younger version of women who are the opposite sex of people than me. Duh right? The point is they too are only people. If we treated them as a person and not as a girl/woman we wouldn't be in this pickle in the first place. As the father of two beautiful teenaged girls I had to realize that someday my girls were gonna be somewhere with someone doin' their best to play pornstar and I'm ok with that, that's what they grow up to do and as for those women who take offense to some of the out control words that get said in this INTERNET forum, as mentioned by mikewags, I say we don't need them anyway, cuz they're not women, just immature little girls. The few ladies that have stuck around, and you know who you are, I salute you, for you are true ladies and Z lovers. My definition of a true lady is one who can put up with any guys crap and still be friendly. As for all of you who think we should all put on our church face to not offend anyone here I say we're not in church, it's a car club for Christ's sake! We all respond to what is being posted. If it's being accepted by the lady and tossed around in good sexual fun then there is no problem. If a gal is offended and says as much and the offensive rhetoric continues then we should start handing out nut kickins. I like girls who like cars. I think it's HOT! And if that offends any of you, to bad. Kick me out the club if you don't like it.

In closing I don't think any of you gals come close to being as beautiful as our Z cars, so you're all ugly losers HA HA HA! jk about being ugly losers.

On a side note I agree, Stephen, you look totally hot! By the way you type I never would guessed you were black. Mmmmm Mmmmm YUM! TTFN
    Dan

1976 280z HLS30-299271
    1983 Maxima (my Hooptie)
    1990 F-150 4X4
    1989 Honda Accord (Wife's Car)

Member ID
    CZCC-17195

Damn Dan! Tell us how you REALLY feel...
    Metallic Blue #305

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

Quote Originally Posted by Rockr69
    Stephen, you look totally hot! By the way you type I never would guessed you were black.
    For anyone who doesn't realize, that is my beautiful wife, and much better half, Daisey. I don't mind anyone saying that she looks 'totally hot', I agree, though she is quite modest about her looks, and considers herself to be much deeper than all of that. And we've both been black all of our lives. Never thought that that was of any more signifigance than a persons gender, national origin, etc. when traversing websites. I agree with much of what you say, Rockr69, except that I wasn't involved in the 'offensive rhetoric'. My comments in that thread had to do with the 'text' lingo and general socializing in a technical thread. That part was moved to another thread and this probably would have all died out by now had it not been for this thread.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-5121

I noticed this morning that I had a notification asking me to be friends with Khrystina, which surprised me. To this point I haven't actually posted anything on any of her threads and I've been peeking in on this one and a couple others just to see where this issue was going.

Here's my take, and I'm going to try not to be offensive (although I tend to come across pretty bluntly most of the time). The message given continues to be that we shouldn't offend Khrystina, or females in general. I would agree that this is a good thing to strive for, but it should also be a two way street. This is a car forum, and so long as her posts pertain to cars and other socially acceptable topics, I see no problems. I haven't noticed this problem with the other women on the site, although I haven't followed them too closely either.

I think the problem here is that Khrystina is flaunting her new found sexuality with the intent of eliciting some sort of response from the males on the site. I don't think the Boobs thread is the same, because the person with the boobs is of age, and what's more they are not posting their picture for us to view. Clearly if they were this would change the dynamic.

It's good not to hurt feelings or be rude, but that is a two way street. I feel that what Khrystina is doing is inappropriate (or rude if you prefer). I think she is largely given a pass because she is a girl, and if it were Jimmy the 16 year old boy in a speedo draped over the hood of a Z showing his "package" to the camera, the response would be quite different.

As I said, I've largely stayed out of this situation, so I am not aware of whether other people's reactions to her sexual teasing have been more aggressive or otherwise out of line, but she is 16 and in my opinion shouldn't be allowed to post sexually charged images of herself on classiczcars.com, or anywhere else for that matter. I think this is a PARENT'S issue to deal with, and neither Mike nor the rest of us should need to get involved, but unlike in a face to face confrontation we can't grab her by the arm and take her home and tell her mom and dad what she was doing. As a father with a very young daughter, I can tell you that I won't allow this type of behavior from her when she is 16. It's not about accepting Khrystina for who she is, or being tolerant of women, or anything else. She is a CHILD and children need supervision. It is sadly apparent that this is lacking in her life, at least when it comes to the internet.

I'll not bother to go in depth on the possibility of pedophiles/rapists/etc who like Z's being members here (or them searching online and stumbling into this forum), but I'm sure that the potential is there. That's not to say that we assume everyone online is a sexual predator, but maybe it is smarter that we don't assume that they aren't.
    Jon

Member ID
    CZCC-14423

I wasn't meaning to single you out Stephen and I was replying to your avatar in the same spirit in which you posted it nor was I pointing the finger at you for offensive rhetoric, that was directed at those who have in the past made fools of themselves around our lady friends. I have only the utmost respect for your knowledge and the way you present yourself in your posts, though you have been known to be crabby from time to time.

As for your beautiful wife, she truly is and I definitely meant no offense, race or otherwise, I just thought you were being silly in response to other crossgenderavatars. And the black comment was because I honestly thought you were white based on a photo of you on your webpage? My honest apologies. You looked like a skinny white guy playing the sax. Must have been the glare of the flash. Please forgive my assumptions.

to Jon, I wasn't aware of her photos other than the first ones she posted. I didn't see her Boobs post and that being the case I agree with you one hunnert percent. But believe me when your little girl is 16 you'll be tearing you hair out on a daily basis. Take some advice, never say never, cuz as I said girls are just people too and in the end they're gonna do whatever they want, parents wishes or not.
    Last edited by Rockr69; 08-21-2008 at 03:46 PM.
    Dan

1976 280z HLS30-299271
    1983 Maxima (my Hooptie)
    1990 F-150 4X4

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

What webpage were you looking at????????
    I don't take offense to much that's said here really. If I did, I'd say so, believe me. I was just being silly, as you said, like some of the others that posted pictures of their wives. Now, I might be offended at being referred to as a 'skinny white guy' since as you can see, I'm not skinny and the rest speaks for itself.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-17195

Now, I might be offended at being referred to as a 'skinny white guy' since as you can see, I'm not skinny and the rest speaks for itself.
    Hey man, I'm white and skinny!!! What's the freakin' deal?!

j.k

BTW - I don't think I would refer to your wife as "hot", it seems like the inappropriate thing to tell a friend - but she is definitely beautiful in that photo.
    Last edited by mikewags; 08-21-2008 at 04:54 PM.
    Metallic Blue #305

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

When I posted the picture I had a general idea of what kind of comments I would possibly see and I'm okay with it.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-4

Quote Originally Posted by Rockr69 View Post
    On a side note I agree, Stephen, you look totally hot! By the way you type I never would guessed you were black. Mmmmm Mmmmm YUM! TTFN
    My god... this is a PRIME example of what NOT to say. Sheesh... Rockr69 you have serious foot-in-mouth syndrome.

Mike

Supporting Member
    Member ID
    CZCC-12938

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My god... this is a PRIME example of what NOT to say. Sheesh... Rockr69 you have serious foot-in-mouth syndrome.

I was going to comment earlier, but thought, hey Stephen sure doesn't need me to do or say what he can himself, only better. I was right and Stephen exhibits a class act second to none! I think we have all said things we later thought better of, and I have used the edit feature more than once, but yeah Mike I'll echo your sentiments and am left wondering what are some people thinking?

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

There are so many more imortant things in this world to worry about......
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

Just think of the havoc I could create on this site if that was me......
    , I would like you even MORE than I already do if you looked like Daisey
    White, Black, Asian etc, I like them all.
    My little game with my avatar change to my wife of 14 years (today btw) is about over. I have had 8 hits in the past 24 hours to my page, vs 14 total hits in the year I have been on here.
    This has been a fun little thread but I think its about time to get back to the business of getting my Z on the road.
    Last edited by MEZZZ; 08-21-2008 at 06:57 PM.
    1977 280Z

Member ID
    CZCC-14932

Ok, avatar is changed now to a shot I took last year of my "totally rust free 280Z" that I bought on Ebay last year. This is a shot of the hatch the day after I bought it. I guess the P.O. had never opened up the hatch in the time he had owned the car :
    1977 280Z

Member ID
    CZCC-17478

Default uh, hello!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmortensen View Post
    As I said, I've largely stayed out of this situation, so I am not aware of whether other people's reactions to her sexual teasing have been more aggressive or otherwise out of line, but she is 16 and in my opinion shouldn't be allowed to post sexually charged images of herself on classiczcars.com, or anywhere else for that matter. I think this is a PARENT'S issue to deal with, and neither Mike nor the rest of us should need to get involved, but unlike in a face to face confrontation we can't grab her by the arm and take her home and tell her mom and dad what she was doing. As a father with a very young daughter, I can tell you that I won't allow this type of behavior from her when she is 16. It's not about accepting Khrystina for who she is, or being tolerant of women, or anything else. She is a CHILD and children need supervision. It is sadly apparent that this is lacking in her life, at least when it comes to the internet.

I'll not bother to go in depth on the possibility of pedophiles/rapists/etc who like Z's being members here (or them searching online and stumbling into this forum), but I'm sure that the potential is there. That's not to say that we assume everyone online is a sexual predator, but maybe it is smarter that we don't assume that they aren't.

uh HELLO!!
    maybe you should read my first post on this thread you will see that MY parents know what I am doing and are completely aware.
    I have been making websites and webmastering for over 3 years now, I know the pros and cons and I am well aware of the consequences of whatever behavior I project to the internet.
    I DO NOT need to be told that everyone is a potential predator...i've been to the Teen Conventions For Internet Safety (drinking and driving, parent-teen isues and scholarships are also addressed) in the Hyatt in Valencia EVERY year.
    and btw, its just pjs,Its not like im naked or showing vast amounts of skin in my pictures.I'd like to see you deal with your daughter when she wants her first thong and wears them. Regardless of how much you think you are going to "control" her.
    And you have no right to say what my parents should and should not do.
    I-m sure you wouldnt want anyone telling you how to raise your child.

Regarding Dan,
    its my car, I'll lay on it if i want to. But i would never be "drapped" over the car. Unlike that photo in the Zcar Women gallery of some chick naked on the Z. I have more respect for the car.

AND if anyone truly has a problem with me, then they should tell me, not the whole forum because I am more than reasonable with holding back on anything you think is inappropriate. But I will hold my stance on the fact that: I am NOT here as a tease,
    I am here to have FRIENDS and learn more about my Z.
    With All Due Respect,

Khrystina

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

Ok, avatar is changed now to a shot I took last year of my "totally rust free 280Z" that I bought on Ebay last year. This is a shot of the hatch the day after I bought it. I guess the P.O. had never opened up the hatch in the time he had owned the car :
    I'll use 'Datsun Dog' for a while. I really wish this thread would hurry up and run it's course.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-17478

Default sigh

I'll use 'Datsun Dog' for a while. I really wish this thread would hurry up and run it's course.
    yeah, me too...
    With All Due Respect,

Khrystina

Member ID
    CZCC-5121

Quote Originally Posted by al_itzah2luv View Post
    uh HELLO!!
    maybe you should read my first post on this thread you will see that MY parents know what I am doing and are completely aware.
    May I have their email address?
    Jon

Member ID
    CZCC-4106

Stephen,
    Just to take away one of those worries, my cotton swabs are soft...

Will

Member ID
    CZCC-17478

Default sure

Quote Originally Posted by jmortensen View Post
    May I have their email address?
    sure, i'll send it to you in a pm...
    With All Due Respect,

Khrystina

DachshundTooAteEasy
    Member ID
    CZCC-17001

...before the thread can end... Does anyone care that I'm Filipino?

Member ID
    CZCC-2520

STEPHEN !!!!!!!

BRING BACK DAISEY MATE, she's much easier on the eyes.

My grandfather taught me to ALWAYS treat a woman like a lady and with all due respect because;

a/ If she IS a lady, she expects it and,
    b/ If she's NOT a lady, she might be so grateful that you'll be glad you did.

I agree that this thread should be allowed to fade away.

jmortensen.

Why would you want to invade the girl's family's privacy ??
    Surely it's really none of your business ??.

Rick.
    IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER.
    SINCE IT'S IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER.

Member ID
    CZCC-4

Yea! Such as when the heck you're gonna write a little "jingle" for the Classic Zcar Club with that musical talent ?! (hint hint)... Something bluesy?!
    Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

I could do that but it would probably be more representative of the types of music I'm into rather than the general membership here.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-16545

...before the thread can end... Does anyone care that I'm Filipino?
    Talaga! Hindi...
    Rob

Member ID
    CZCC-17339

Wow - This is sad. I'm not female but have just about stopped looking at this entire site just because of folks that berate others instead of offering help to others less knowledgable.

And it does happen often.

Member ID
    CZCC-13982

[QUOTE=sblake01; I'm not skinny and the rest speaks for itself.[/QUOTE]

A formerly petite sax player?
    Faster than anyone in Oceanside

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

No, I've always been about 6' 2" and between 195-205 lbs. since my college days.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-13982

[QUOTE=sblake01, I've always been about 6' 2" and between 195-205 lbs. QUOTE]

That's what i SHOULD be-6'2"
    Faster than anyone in Oceanside

Member ID
    CZCC-3797

This thread really needs to be stopped. Not that it's intent wasn't good but what goes on here goes on an any site to some extent. The mods chime in to get the members to 'ease up' and that works for a while. As they say, people will do what's inspected rather than what's expected. In the meantime, you end up with all of these 'sidebars', like in most other threads. Then we end up talking about those. It just spirals into all of these different things, like who thinks who's wife is hot, who's parents know what their kids are doing, etc. The actual intent gets lost. It was a noble effort by Mike to attempt to quell the perceived problem but it has lost it's direction.
    2005 Pontaic GTO

Member ID
    CZCC-5894

The "groundhog day" of threads .
    Jim M
    1977 280Z
    1996 300ZX(sold)

Member ID
    CZCC-1490

There's a very simple way of "stopping" a thread.... quit participating. If you are still interested in what others post, then either you WANT to see what they wrote, or you don't want it to end. This was the same basic comment given when the Boob's thread started, if you don't want to see what's posted.... then stay out of the thread, otherwise you WANT to participate, nobody is forcing you to do so.

Whether it's to try to throw in "one last word" or come up with yet another reason for stopping it.... it continues the thread. Having someone close the thread because it's a contentious subject isn't the solution, that just emphasizes that the people participating (and bitching about it IS participation) don't have the self-control to stop participating.

At some point you have to admit that you're not going to win everyone over to your viewpoint, and you're not going to post them out of the topic. Walk away...

After some of the meandering over non-related topics, and chit-chat over non-thread related comments that this thread has seen, it's obvious that the same people that were complaining about Khrystina doing the same are as guilty as they claimed she was. Except, they aren't 16 years old. Should we start clamoring for the thread to be closed because these individuals are posting? Walk away...

Heck, we even have one self appointed moral cop! And over what? Some pictures that he's labeled as "sexually charged images" and then continues with:
    I think this is a PARENT'S issue to deal with, and neither Mike nor the rest of us should need to get involved, but unlike in a face to face confrontation we can't grab her by the arm and take her home and tell her mom and dad what she was doing.
    followed by the implication that he's going to e-mail her parents. Talk about imposing yourself on others.... do you practice what you preach?

While you guys have been bantering nonsense... yes nonsense, the basic message that has been ignored is that when a female appears on this site she gets accosted with either sexual innuendo, public and direct "love" messages, or harassed over not knowing much. Mike's request was simple... cut it out.

The ladies that come here arrive because they are interested in finding out more about the Z, whether how to repair or where to repair. They need to be encouraged and not chased away.

While Khrystina may have been a bit more flamboyant than most, I can provide various posts as proof that she DID have responses... it takes TWO or more to tango and in this case there were more than half a dozen folks. And as far as being flamboyant... again I can point out several MALE members and other female members who've done the same.

The problem came in when some members chose to "shout" it out, or "post" it out... when the threads wouldn't stop, they elevated their vociferousness and we have this thread as a result.

Closing the thread doesn't do the "club" any good. If you're done with the topic... walk away. If you have something to add, post it but don't antagonize.

E

Member ID
    CZCC-17478

I understand and I'm sorry for anything I have caused.
    I'll stop.
    With All Due Respect,

Khrystina

Member ID
    CZCC-12438

Didn't log in for a bit and my how this thread has developed! I'll stop posting to it after this.

Honestly Sblake, I meant no offense regarding your wife as being "hot". I thought that you pulled some celebrity image up and made it an avatar. Only to a close friend would I inform them that their wife was "hot". Even then one has to be careful.

Sblake=lucky man

Laters

Member ID
    CZCC-14423

I'll stop posting period! I'm not the only one who thought Stephen pulled up some random image adn said she was hot-SHEESH! Lighten up you guys.

In regards to Khrystina, I was just playin with you and your reaction mirrors my original sentiment, just immature little girls and apparently little boys as well! Later everybody I think I'm move on to somewhere else.

Again sorry about the confusion Stephen or unintended offense.
    Dan

1976 280z HLS30-299271
    1983 Maxima (my Hooptie)
    1990 F-150 4X4

Member ID
    CZCC-1887

I am just now posting on this because of the number of post recorded. I only read or post on topics that are about Zs where I can be of help.
    Unfortunately the childish banter from teeny boppers have driven many of the knowledgeable Z drivers away. Many have gone to hybridz where they don't put up with his stuff in the first place. Just as soon as a new member is known to be a Female the innuendo comments start. This is immature and ignorant and belong in the junior hi gym.
    I like this web site or I wouldn't have hung around so many years. I know Mike personally and how hard he works and the time he spends to constantly improve it. nuf said. Gary
    I'd rather die while I am living than live while I am dieing. CZC 1887 IZCC 12602 Member of NorthWest Z Car Club

Member ID
    CZCC-4

Guys, please RELAX

My original intent on writing this message was to ask for some help in treating each other with respect. I understand that everyone has an opinion on this subject but the original intent of the request remains unchanged.
    Mike

Thread Information