Thread: What if....

Member ID
    CZCC-19858

Default What if....

I'll preface by saying I don't buy lottery tickets. In general, I don't enjoy gambling.

This morning I had a 90 minute drive to a project site and was listening to sports talk radio (The Herd). The host was talking about the big jackpot lottery and was deriding people who said "if I win I'll quit my job and travel", or some other non-job thing. He said he'd never do that because he'd be bored in a few months. He loves to travel, but is ready to come home in a week or two. He said if he won he'd buy a MLS (soccer in the U.S., football elsewhere) team and run it. He likes sports and that would keep him busy. I got to thinking, well I like Z cars. How would I spend some of that money related to Z cars to keep myself happy?

My first thought was buy a bunch of Z's and put them in a big garage like Jay Leno. Would be fun for a while, but I much prefer interacting with other Z owners. So I came up with opening or purchasing a car restoration shop that would specialize in Z's but also work on other makes. But with all that money, what I really could do was have all those parts that are no longer available (there's a thread or two on that here somewhere) fabricated and offer them for sale to fellow Z owners at cost. Since I'd be so rich, I could eat the setup costs, which appears to be the big stumbling block with getting these parts made.

Since I don't play, that will never happen. So what would you guys do Z-related if you won big?
    Pat
    73' 240Z

Member ID
    CZCC-26581

I really love to hear that i'm not the only one who is totally obsessed with these S30 Z cars. Many people on here love them, I'm not going to say I love them any more or any less but I'm totally obsessed. I would hire a translator, fly to Japan and spend about 3-6 months and buy about 10 different cars. A few Z cars, a R-34 Skyline, an R-32 Skyline, an AE86, a nice S15 Silvia, a few nice turbo RX-7's just to name a few. Then I'd have them all shipped back to the states and start work on my own private Top Gear style track with a full shop on the side. This shop would restore old relics and tune track attack JGTC style cars. I don't think i'll ever leave home after that point. I'd proceed to burn as much gas and roast as many tires as I could for the rest of my days.

Member ID
    CZCC-17660

hmmm, I would donate all of it. I think to grantf. He could really use the money for bills and fixing his Z.
    1977 280z
    1974 260z long gone

Member ID
    CZCC-20299

I'd take as much time off as the wife and kids gave me, and I'd drive the car---on a really long drive---with really twisty roads. When my back got sore I'd return home, take a break, and then head out again, maybe to find a track.

Member ID
    CZCC-7975

As much as I like modern sports cars and would buy a few new toys, I'd ALWAYS have a S30 or two. I'd find a really clean 240 and then make it perfect with some performance upgrades. It would pretty much be like any one of Guy's beautiful cars. I would also have a lot more money to race, so that's where I'd spend my time and some money.
    Jeff
    Northville, Michigan
    IZCC #1285
    '78 280 10:1 CR, Arizona Z Car header, urethane bushings, Tokico springs, Illumina struts, Panasports w/Hankook R-S2 225/50R16 tires, Maxima 105 amp alternator
    http://www.classiczcars.com/photopos...00&ppuser=7975
    '74 260Z BRE look-alike crap can for Optima Batteries ChumpCar World Series Racing racing
    https://www.facebook.com/Jeff.Grauer

Member ID
    CZCC-18366

This is going to sound ridiculous but I have had the idea of someday building an early Z look alike on a bicycle frame by using my existing early Z as a form. I don't know if the end result would be strong enough but have thought about covering my existing Z with a plastic sheet and putting maybe paper mache over that with a thin fiberglass veneer over that and then pedal the whole thing around. Well, I said it was going to sound ridiculous!

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

Are we talking about the $336+Million Dollar Lotto that just ended? Of which the "Winner" gets to actually keep just over $110 Million?

You guys are wayyyyyyy to easy to please.... That or you are afraid to say what you would really do if you had that kind of money!!

Booze and Women would be at the top of my list... I'd drink and let Danica drive...

FWIW,
    Carl B.

Member ID
    CZCC-20299

Carl, if she is busy driving then she can't.....nevermind.

Member ID
    CZCC-15137

My vote's with Carl...
    First & Third owner of HLS30-00721
    B. 01/70 D. 03/12

New owner of HLS30-15653
    B. 12/70 D.

Frank in Houston, Texas

Member ID
    CZCC-15388

I'd restore old sports cars and old sailboats...
    Julio
    1972 240Z (in-progress, 95% complete)
    CZC# 15388

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beck View Post
    Are we talking about the $336+Million Dollar Lotto that just ended? Of which the "Winner" gets to actually keep just over $110 Million?

You guys are wayyyyyyy to easy to please.... That or you are afraid to say what you would really do if you had that kind of money!!

Booze and Women would be at the top of my list... I'd drink and let Danica drive...

FWIW,
    Carl B.
    my kind of guy

Thread Information