Thread: L24 worth?

Car Guy
    Member ID
    CZCC-12941

Default L24 worth?

Hey guys, as you may have read in my first post, when we first bought my 280z, previous owners put a l24 engine in it. Since then we put a new correct l28 in it. I was curious how much you guys think it might be worth? It's sitting in our garage now, but the last time it was ran which was this summer, the headgasket blew so that will need to be replaced, it has nothing on it either so no carburators or exhaust manifold. It did have great compression though, 165-170 on all 6 cylinders. My dad I were kind of wondering how much it would be worth in this condition and if it would even be worth putting on Ebay?

Member ID
    CZCC-1887

Depending on what year engine it is . One form a '73 that has 9mm bolts on the rods . Some that are building a stroker engine look for a set of these rods. If the engine is as you say with good compression you might fine someone that has a 240 with a blown engine . If you can get $75.00 to $100.00 don't expect much more. Gary
    I'd rather die while I am living than live while I am dieing. CZC 1887 IZCC 12602 Member of NorthWest Z Car Club

Thread Information