Thread: Anyone going ZCCA Convention / Cleveland ?

Member ID
    CZCC-15684

Default Anyone going ZCCA Convention / Cleveland ?

...for the east coast nat'ls

i am

whew...just got my new motor yestaerday...installed all day today just in time for the show...yay!

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

I prefer to call the event the Annual International convention, or ZCON. I also prefer to think of it as the north coast...

Maybe you could hook up wity geezer? He's a Canuck from ONT.

thxZ
    Last edited by TomoHawk; 09-26-2008 at 06:03 PM.
    Drive Responsibly.
    enjoy classic Rock music.

Supporting Member
    Member ID
    CZCC-12938

Quote Originally Posted by TomoHawk View Post
    I prefer to call the event the Annual International convention, or ZCON. I also prefer to think of it as the north coast...

Maybe you could hook up wity geezer? He's a Canuck from ONT.

thxZ
    We have 3 and maybe 4 travelling together Tuesday, but Tomo, anyone coming from New York will be coming around the lake from the other direction I think.

Member ID
    CZCC-14224

Quote Originally Posted by 7277 View Post
    ...for the east coast nat'ls

i am

whew...just got my new motor yestaerday...installed all day today just in time for the show...yay!
    I am in NY, where are you? I am heading to the convention with 3 other guys.

Clive

Member ID
    CZCC-4106

Default Going? Hell, I 'm here!

Due to a cancelled meeting that was not brought to my attention(don't even get me started) We left Savannah at 4am and arrived here about 8pm-with a couple of stops-including a very short and profusely painful stop at a NC legal firm.

On a more somber note, the Embassy suites complementary Internet Service is limited to two old Dells that drop connections like I dropped a law firm earlier today.
    They want $10/24hrs of wireless, and unlike the Daytona Beach Hilton(Embassy Suites is a Hilton Property) they have no free wireless area, so uploading photos may be delayed until I get back home-I refuse to pay $70 for seven days of ISP service.
    They do however have the router in an unsecurred area, so a quick trip to Walmart for a cable may just get past that issue...
    Will
    Last edited by hls30.com; 09-26-2008 at 08:15 PM.
    A Z is beautiful from any angle, I just happen to prefer to view from the drivers' seat!

'72 240Z(G) 3.2L
    Member ID
    CZCC-7328

Default We're coming....

.....to the International Z Car Clubs of America (ZCCA) convention.

We being Pete Sanders (Z-Ya) and me, John Jeffery (gnosez - Bad Dog Parts).

Pete is driving his w/300rwhp turbo powered 240 and I'm dragging out the "club" race car (185rwhp).

Since, there is some extra room, I'll be bringing along some parts to sell as well.

Looking forward to meeting up again with the many fine folks who come out for the convention.
    if a little knowledge can make you dangerous, I'm a little dangerous

Member ID
    CZCC-4106

John,
    I knew you had plans, but changing the name of the Z Car Club Association?

Will
    Last edited by hls30.com; 09-26-2008 at 08:13 PM.
    A Z is beautiful from any angle, I just happen to prefer to view from the drivers' seat!

Member ID
    CZCC-15684

Quote Originally Posted by EVILC View Post
    I am in NY, where are you? I am heading to the convention with 3 other guys.

Clive

hey clive. i'm 'down the jersey shore'..i'll be heading west via the dreaded PA Tpk...to Pittsburgh visiting family there on Sunday. i'll get to Cleveland Monday, 12 noon-ish.

two of my buddies are are heading out via Rt 80 (northern NJ)...i think they're leaving sunday as well..

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

I'll be flying up to Cleveland with a couple other Bay Area zcar people Sunday...

No free Wifi at the convention hotel?.... that's a real bummer... the hotel isn't cheap either..

FWIW,
    Carl B.

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

I'll bring up the WiFi issue today when I see the others.

Also, We were planning on people arriving Sunday ...

Don't forget your best 'sock-hop' getup for the Mad-Mike party...

Rock 'N' Roll!!
    Drive Responsibly.

Member ID
    CZCC-14224

hey clive. i'm 'down the jersey shore'..i'll be heading west via the dreaded PA Tpk...to Pittsburgh visiting family there on Sunday. i'll get to Cleveland Monday, 12 noon-ish.

two of my buddies are are heading out via Rt 80 (northern NJ)...i think they're leaving sunday as well..
    Your friends Joe and Tom? I plan to be there noonish also if we leave in the am on Monday.

Member ID
    CZCC-15684

my friends are:
    joe..yellow turbo '70 240
    tony..green '75 w/ 240 bumpers

Member ID
    CZCC-14224

my friends are:
    joe..yellow turbo '70 240
    tony..green '75 w/ 240 bumpers
    I am leaving with them! Tony not Tom, lol.

Member ID
    CZCC-2771

There are three of us meeting at the junction of RT 80 and Rt 81 in PA at 8 am. first exit after the intersection. Exit 256, if anyone is interested in joining up with us. I'll be driving the 76 280Z yellow TOPLESS RoadZter. Forecast looks like rain for most of the morning.....should be a MISERABLE drive (hehe) AL

Member ID
    CZCC-4106

I just met Paul GASPAROLA, Nice guy-Drove up in all that nasty weather!
    The team here in Cleveland is busting hump getting ready for everyone!
    They look excited to have all of us here. The Convention store is taking shape seriously fast!
    I can't wait for the whole thing to get going(but I needed today to get over yestersday-somewhere I had an hour sneak up on me!)
    WIll
    PS the hotel is dealing with the Internet issue, the Business center is being torn apart to correct issues, and in the mean time, the management is issuingtemporary wireless access free.
    Will
    PS the breakfast is outstanding!

Member ID
    CZCC-14224

Quote Originally Posted by BARACU View Post
    There are three of us meeting at the junction of RT 80 and Rt 81 in PA at 8 am. first exit after the intersection. Exit 256, if anyone is interested in joining up with us. I'll be driving the 76 280Z yellow TOPLESS RoadZter. Forecast looks like rain for most of the morning.....should be a MISERABLE drive (hehe) AL
    Hey Al, maybe we can hook up also. I'll send you a pm with my number and you give me a buzz. Can't wait to see that Z in person again.

Clive

Member ID
    CZCC-13827

I am thinking of going up on Tuesday morning (wishing for no rain) and getting there for the car show around 8:30 or 9. I will be going up 79N to 80W from Pittsburgh. This will be the longest drive for the car in over 30 years.
    Last edited by mgood; 09-27-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    Michael 11/75 - 76-280 - HLS30-281,114
    Web site -Click Here and ORIGINAL OWNERS OF THE 280Z (1975-1976 -1977 - 1978 - ONLY) REGISTRATION[

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

Will-
    the WiFi internet is confirmed free with your room.
    Drive Responsibly.

Supporting Member
    Member ID
    CZCC-12938

I checked the 5 day forecast for the region, that covers till Wednesday. It looks to be promising for the most part with a possibility of a light overnight shower for Wednesday night.

Member ID
    CZCC-4106

Quote Originally Posted by TomoHawk View Post
    Will-
    the WiFi internet is confirmed free with your room.

Zweet! Thanks for working that out!!
    The promotional code the desk gave me because the Business center is under restructuring is good through tomorrow.
    There have been some pretty Zs around already, but the boys have been absolutley rotten-no naps and so tired they are absolutely unbearable!
    Tonight they will get caught up on their sleep and after our Train ride tomorrow hopefully I can get a way for some socializing, picture taking, and Z immersion!
    Will

PS Tomohawk-have you been around the hotel?
    I have some GTO pics for your(gotta get some blank media)
    Last edited by hls30.com; 09-27-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-14224

Quote Originally Posted by hls30.com View Post
    Zweet! Thanks for working that out!!
    The promotional code the desk gave me because the Business center is under restructuring is good through tomorrow.
    There have been some pretty Zs around already, but the boys have been absolutley rotten-no naps and so tired they are absolutely unbearable!
    Tonight they will get caught up on their sleep and after our Train ride tomorrow hopefully I can get a way for some socializing, picture taking, and Z immersion!
    Will

PS Tomohawk-have you been around the hotel?
    I have some GTO pics for your(gotta get some blank media)
    Will I could have taken the parts to you instead of shipping

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

Yeah, apparently they change the internet codes on Sundays, so don't forget to get the new code to continue your service.

I've been there since Friday! We have been in a closed room assembling things, and today (Saturday) We were setting up the registration & "Z-store" room. I will be there early Sunday & all week, except for the speed events.

If you can, park in the spaces along the street, so the ordinary people will stop parking there, and we can take over that good area. Pass the word...

thxZ
    Last edited by TomoHawk; 09-27-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    Drive Responsibly.

Member ID
    CZCC-13312

Looking forward to the pictures fella's......Wish I was there.

1970 240Z HLS30 00797 White / Blue

Member ID
    CZCC-894

Wish I Were There!!
    After a great deal of planning, entering destination into my GPS and looking forward to a beautiful drive to Cleveland, I was beset by dreadfull weather reports concerning heavy rain and storms along the 700 mile trip. I enjoy the drive as much as the convention e.g. my 5,200 mile drive to the Texas convention includeing runs of the Tail of the Dragon and back to NH.
    Now John (Bad Dog Parts Jeffery) is calling me with condition and travel reports as he and Pete (Z-YA) travel westward. I had made the decision that I would not enjoy 700 miles of pounding rain and sadly cancelled out!
    Now I wish I had made the attempt. Even tho here we've had three days of heavy rain.
    I will miss seeing everyone and hope to see you all next year!!

ken
    Silver Bullet 240Z

Member ID
    CZCC-7975

I will be heading down early Tuesday morning. I planned on going earlier to attend Monday night's activities, but work is too busy to take Monday off.

I am REALLY glad I put my car up on a hoist yesterday. I was driving home from work the other day and hit a really big frost heave which sent a painful shock through my car. Right as I hit it, I heard something come off the bottom of my car and bounce back up into the floorpan. After hearing it, I saw something small in my mirror, but couldn't tell what it was. The car felt fine for the rest of the drive home, but I didn't drive it again until I had a chance to check everything over. Well, yesterday, I drove it to my friend's house a few blocks away and put it up on his hoist. I found the problem right away. The nut came off my LH tension/compression rod. The nut, washer, rear bushing, and sleeve were all gone Luckily, at some point I had purchased a second set of poly TC bushings by mistake after forgetting that I already had a new set. I also had a spare washer and prevailing torque nut.

It scares me that it came apart in the first place. It had the proper prevailing torque nut and everything was torqued to spec. I guess the nut had been on and off a few times and the locking feature no longer held. I used thread lock this time around, so hopefully I never have that happen again. If I wouldn't have found the problem, it might have been ugly on my roadtrip to Cleveland!

Ron, do you want to meet at the first Service Plaza after getting on the Turnpike? It takes me around 1 hour 15 minutes to get there from my house. What time did you say you guys planned on leaving Windsor?
    Jeff
    Northville, Michigan
    IZCC #1285
    '78 280 10:1 CR, Arizona Z Car header, urethane bushings, Tokico springs, Illumina struts, Panasports w/Hankook R-S2 225/50R16 tires, Maxima 105 amp alternator
    http://www.classiczcars.com/photopos...00&ppuser=7975
    '74 260Z BRE look-alike crap can for Optima Batteries ChumpCar World Series Racing racing
    https://www.facebook.com/Jeff.Grauer

Supporting Member
    Member ID
    CZCC-12938

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G 78 View Post

Ron, do you want to meet at the first Service Plaza after getting on the Turnpike? It takes me around 1 hour 15 minutes to get there from my house. What time did you say you guys planned on leaving Windsor?
    Jeff, We will cross at the bridge at about 6:15 AM. I 75 is still closed down, so we have to use Fort Street as a detour, but should reconnect to I 75 by 6:30. We can meet you anywhere along the way, just call the cell number I gave you. First Service Plaza on the Turnpike is good.

PS - I did a MapQuest print out, but it doesn't allow for the detour. I estimate 1 hour 10 minutes from the border to the Service Plaza, so if you leave Northville at 6:10 we should be close to in-sync.
    Last edited by geezer; 09-28-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: had to do complex mathematical equation

Member ID
    CZCC-4106

Quote Originally Posted by BARACU View Post

You mean this one?

No stainless trim to dent(much less a place for a magnetic antenna!) on this one!
    Will
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baracu.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	25721  

Member ID
    CZCC-7975

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Jeff, We will cross at the bridge at about 6:15 AM. I 75 is still closed down, so we have to use Fort Street as a detour, but should reconnect to I 75 by 6:30. We can meet you anywhere along the way, just call the cell number I gave you. First Service Plaza on the Turnpike is good.

PS - I did a MapQuest print out, but it doesn't allow for the detour. I estimate 1 hour 10 minutes from the border to the Service Plaza, so if you leave Northville at 6:10 we should be close to in-sync.
    Sounds good Ron, I will leave at 6:10 and we will see how good our estimates are What will you be driving? I will be in my Z, of course. You should still have my cell, but if not, PM me and I'll give it to you.
    Jeff
    Northville, Michigan
    IZCC #1285
    '78 280 10:1 CR, Arizona Z Car header, urethane bushings, Tokico springs, Illumina struts, Panasports w/Hankook R-S2 225/50R16 tires, Maxima 105 amp alternator
    '74 260Z BRE look-alike crap can for Optima Batteries ChumpCar World Series Racing racing

Member ID
    CZCC-4

Guys I am really bummed that I missed this one!! Damn.

Can you take photos for the remaining bums (like me) that can't make it to the convention? I created a folder in the gallery. Here's the link: http://www.classiczcars.com/photopos...y.php?cat=3529

Will has already started to upload his photos, thanks Will!!!

Mike
    Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

the photographers are constantly taking photos during the day, as well as the more formal photos of the cars for print & purchase. I keep my camera with me to cover things and especially what you don't see (officially.)

I believe that there will be a DVD for sale through the convention website (after the convention), and the photographers will have the photos for sale through their own means.

thxZ
    Drive Responsibly.

Supporting Member
    Member ID
    CZCC-12938

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G 78 View Post
    Sounds good Ron, I will leave at 6:10 and we will see how good our estimates are What will you be driving? I will be in my Z, of course. You should still have my cell, but if not, PM me and I'll give it to you.
    I'm bringing the same silver Dodge Ram 4x4 I had at your house, so we can load up on souveneirs & whatnot . I found your cell number and we'll see you in the AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-7975

Sounds good Ron. I will see you around 7:30ish. Hopefully the rain doesn't last all day.
    Jeff
    Northville, Michigan
    IZCC #1285

Thread Information