Thread: Sport Z Mag Expands with Winter 2003 Issue

Member ID
    CZCC-974

Default Sport Z Mag Expands with Winter 2003 Issue

We’re excited to announce--entering our fourth year of publication--that Sport Z Magazine is expanding by another eight pages. The Winter 2003 edition is now 64 full-color pages of all things Z. Highlights of the new issue include:
    -NISMO R-Tune and S-Tune 350Z test drives (with online video)
    -Driving lesson by champion driver Peter Cunningham
    -Interview with 240Z chief designer
    -Radical Z32s: a multimedia machine, a lowrider, and a supercar
    -Project 280Z update
    -One owner, eight Z31s
    -Turboing a 240Z, Part II
    -280ZX centerfold
    -Motorsports highlights (including 350Z championship) from 2003

For a sneak peak at the full table of contents from the upcoming issue, including a preview of the *wild* cover shot (posters are available), go to www.sportzmagazine.com. Deadline to get the new issue with your subscription is *November 23*. Enjoy!

Dave Bexfield
    Editor, Sport Z Magazine
    www.sportzmagazine.com

Member ID
    CZCC-1303

We are hoping the long awaited interview with Mr. Matsuo comes up to expectations.

I'll be pacing around my mailbox as usual!
    DatsunVic CZC1303
    ダットサンビク
    72 HLS30 94071
    72 510
    70 SRL311 13136
    71 PL521
    Los Angeles
    Visit My Other Photo Site

Member ID
    CZCC-2116

I realise its an American magazine, but it would be nice if Matsuo san could have been billed as the Chief Designer of the "S30-series Z" rather than just the "240Z".................

Maybe the article itself will make this clearer, but I'm not holding my breath - just in case it doesn't.

I know its not just an American habit, as the journos over here in the UK do the same thing. However, many of THEM don't even realise that the 240Z was just one model type of the S30-series Z. I'm sure that's not the case with 'SPORT Z' ( please prove me right ). The Japanese on the other hand usually get it right, and lead by example in most of their magazine articles. Shame almost nobody outside Japan takes any notice.

Are we going to see the Goertz name mentioned at all? ( eek! ). If we do, I hope its to point out just how LITTLE he had to do with the final design, despite his claims.

On a lighter note, the '280ZX centerfold' sounds just great. One of the best things to do with an S130-series Z is to fold it in half

Alan T.

Member ID
    CZCC-791

Originally posted by HS30-H
    I realise its an American magazine, but it would be nice if Matsuo san could have been billed as the Chief Designer of the "S30-series Z" rather than just the "240Z".................
    I hope so too. He deserves the credit for the "entire line of S30 models."

Are we going to see the Goertz name mentioned at all? ( eek! ). If we do, I hope its to point out just how LITTLE he had to do with the final design, despite his claims.
    I hope so too. He deserves very little credit for the "entire line of S30 models."

On a lighter note, the '280ZX centerfold' sounds just great. One of the best things to do with an S130-series Z is to fold it in half

Alan T.
    Ah, that wry sense of humor! Good one Alan!
    Last edited by Bambikiller240; 11-13-2003 at 04:28 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-974

Alan, that was too funny. Perhaps we should make a 280ZX centerfold a permanent feature...

Dave Bexfield
    Editor, Sport Z Magazine
    www.sportzmagazine.com

Thread Information