Thread: How Much are you guys Paying for Head Work?

Member ID
    CZCC-4610

Default How Much are you guys Paying for Head Work?

I couldn't find anything in the archives so if there is a thread on this just shot me to it... What are you guys paying for head work. I am considering sending out my spare head to have it redone and wanted to know what you guys are paying for a basic upper end valvejob/machine work.

Bw
    <<<<1975 280Z L28E header, flowmaster, 60mm TB, aftermarket fuel rail, custom cold air, aeromotive fuel regulator, corbeau buckets, front/rear strut bars, moto lita steering wheel, 5 point harness, 14 X 7 turbines w/ 235/60/14's, headlight covers, sidestripes, fender mount mirrors>>> SOLD AND MISSED

Now have 2004 Subaru WRX Wagon - so is life

Member ID
    CZCC-791

Prices will vary greatly from location to location around the country, and additionally from shop to shop based on the actual service provided.

I paid $600 to Rebello Racing for Valves, Valve Guides, Valve Seats and "Optimization of the Valve Train Geometry", new lash pads were also provided as part of the service. The head was returned to me fully set up (Valve lash adjusted cold) to just drop onto the short block and go.

I could have paid half that price at a regular neighborhood machine shop (without the Rebello expertise, and "optimization" and lash pads).

EDIT: Forgot to mention that price was paid two years ago.
    Last edited by Bambikiller240; 11-18-2003 at 03:10 PM.

Banned User
    Member ID
    CZCC-1098

Default Well it depends on what you get done

You can expect to pay anwhere from 150 for some clean up to 1000 for a full job on a head. It all goes with the area and work you are wanting to get done.

I think for the price that bambi got from Rebello you cant beat what they did.

Member ID
    CZCC-4367

my cousin paid around $850 for his head that was worked on at Rebello's.. he had the head ported and polished as well

Thread Information