Thread: Lets meet

Member ID
    CZCC-9969

Default Lets meet

I was wondering if anyone in the Portland/Vancover (or anyone else that wanted to come) would be interested in putting together a "Z meet"? I recently bought my first Z and would like to get to know somw fellow Z owners near by. Anyone interested? i know the weather has went to crap the last couple few days but maybe lunch at a restrunt some saturday or something? Post any ideas, or let me know if you would be interested.

Member ID
    CZCC-1887

Sure there are several of us In the area , Maybe we can set up something. I am open. I live in the Beaverton area . Gary
    I'd rather die while I am living than live while I am dieing. CZC 1887 IZCC 12602 Member of NorthWest Z Car Club

Member ID
    CZCC-8308

Thanks to Enrique for making sure I saw this. Will need to be the weekend for me ususally. I'm in Gresham and perhaps I can get another that doesn't belong to this forum. He works every Saturday though.
    Bryan
    IZCC #14892

of the Silver Shield Soc. dogma420's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-3789

I'd like to go too...my rig isn't in good driving condition until Jan or Feb though...(exhaust/brakes/tie rods)....
    --Dave aka Dogma420 My Gallery
    Early '72 red 110 / white (10/71)
    HLS30 56895

Member ID
    CZCC-1490

Probably one of the first things we should do is find out where everyone is located at.

CR, you need to update your profile as there is little information there. From your b-day, we'll have to limit it to non-alcoholic, which is ok, but it needs to be mentioned.

Note that the majority of us Z owners here in the PDX/VAN area, are of the Over 21 but under Senior Citizen discount age. We're more than glad to share information and help, but our jobs limit the hours as to when we can do them.

Now that being said, I'll see if I can find that map locator site that was touted a few weeks ago.

Enrique

Member ID
    CZCC-8308

Thumbs up

Okay, sounds like there is some interest. How about in the vicinity of the airport. Does that sound central enough? I'll send you a PM. Would have to be Saturday for me if next week.
    Bryan
    IZCC #14892

Member ID
    CZCC-9969

Cool this sounds like it will work. I am only 17 so that cuts the limits back. Airport area sounds cool for me, i live like 10 miles from it, it might be a bit far for some, who knows though. I have school Mon. - Fri. 8-3 and i work too most weekends but My dad owns the company (a truck repair shop) so i can get most days off if i ask. O yeah, my location is N. Portland (St.Johns) area. Do you guys have AIM or Yahoo Messager? My Yahoo is CRrider1988 and my AIM is CRridermike

Member ID
    CZCC-8308

Mike,
    Not really into IM.
    Say, your avitar looks pretty nice. How about placing a couple of bigger pics in your gallery so I can get a good look? Or you can always send them in a PM.
    Bryan
    IZCC #14892

Member ID
    CZCC-1542

Default Z Family

It would be fun to meet the local Z people. But I will be on the road for three weeks, leaving 11-15-05. I'm a USAC Midget engine builder and crew chief. Our last race is in Orlando, Fl. on 12-02-05. Back in the world around 12-7. I have a bit of Datsun race engine experience to share with anyone interested. Be sure to post if you all get together at a later date.
    Phred

Member ID
    CZCC-1887

Lets just make it this Sat evening the 12th lets say 7:00 . Lets pick a pizza place some where in the middle . Usually they have room set up for a group . This way any age , even me the SINIOR CITIZEN , can come . Bryan do you know of such a place by the airport or in that general direction? Enrique how about in Vancouver or on Jansen Beach ? Or if someone has another Idea. I think we should just pick a date and do it. Otherwise it won't happen at all . Enrique and I did this about 3 years ago , lets do it again . that is my 5c. Gary
    I'd rather die while I am living than live while I am dieing. CZC 1887 IZCC 12602 Member of NorthWest Z Car Club

Member ID
    CZCC-1490

Quote Originally Posted by beandip
    ...This way any age , even me the SINIOR CITIZEN , can come . ...
    Hey, we're counting on using YOUR discount!!!!

E

Member ID
    CZCC-8308

Lets just make it this Sat evening the 12th lets say 7:00 . Lets pick a pizza place some where in the middle . Usually they have room set up for a group . This way any age , even me the SINIOR CITIZEN , can come . Bryan do you know of such a place by the airport or in that general direction? Enrique how about in Vancouver or on Jansen Beach ? Or if someone has another Idea. I think we should just pick a date and do it. Otherwise it won't happen at all . Enrique and I did this about 3 years ago , lets do it again . that is my 5c. Gary
    Gary, you sure push the old man thing alot. You'll get no sympathy here! I will find us a place. We had talked about BJ's but they are limited for a group, except in the bar. There is Tom's Pizza and Sports Bar on 181st north of Halsey (close to I-84). I hear its a good place, but not been there. They will reserve us an area (it is non smoking). I'd be happy to look at it tonight or tomorrow. Then there is Stark St. Pizza on 92nd & Stark (very close to I-205), groups have been meeting here for years.

Fred, Glad to hear you are interested.
    Bryan
    IZCC #14892

Member ID
    CZCC-1490

You should see him do his....."I'm sorry Miss, I can't see this to read it very well, could you read it for me". And then he holds the menu in such a way that he can literally climb down her cleavage......and then he gets hard of hearing......"Hmm, could you repeat that?. . . and read this other one? ..... Again?..... and this one?" It's especially funny cause he has perfect eyesight and doesn't wear glasses.

Then if he gets busted (Pun noted) he acts all " Who, me? Never!". Then again it's fun to get the side shots too, so I'm not complaining.

E

Member ID
    CZCC-8308

Hi All,

Check your e-mail or PMs. It will be BJ's at Jantzen Beach, Thursday night 7:00 pm.
    Bryan
    IZCC #14892

Member ID
    CZCC-1887

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by EScanlon
    You should see him do his....."I'm sorry Miss, I can't see this to read it very well, could you read it for me". And then he holds the menu in such a way that he can literally climb down her cleavage......and then he gets hard of hearing......"Hmm, could you repeat that?. . . and read this other one? ..... Again?..... and this one?" It's especially funny cause he has perfect eyesight and doesn't wear glasses.

Then if he gets busted (Pun noted) he acts all " Who, me? Never!". Then again it's fun to get the side shots too, so I'm not complaining.

E
    NOW THIS IS HOW I AM GOING TO BE TREATED ! AS OUR FRIENDS DOWN UNDER SAY STUFFIT. The crack was made by another about a SENIOR CITIZEN . It looks like I am being ganged up on here . Just remember what comes around goes around or something like that !

Member ID
    CZCC-1887

Hey, we're counting on using YOUR discount!!!!

E
    SEE ANOTHER CRACK , I AM BEING STABBED IN THE BACK JUST LIKE JESSEY JAMES , he was shot , but any way . You get the picture .

Member ID
    CZCC-1490

...snip.... This way any age , even me the SINIOR CITIZEN ...snip.... Gary
    When you pick up your violin and play your mournful version of "Woe is me!" then don't be surprised when people put coins in your cup.

E

P.S.: By the way just how MUCH is your senior discount?

Member ID
    CZCC-1188

If they survive they will join us.

Member ID
    CZCC-1887

When you pick up your violin and play your mournful version of "Woe is me!" then don't be surprised when people put coins in your cup.

E

P.S.: By the way just how MUCH is your senior discount?
    DISCOUNT ! DISCOUNT ! not enough I would rather be younger . Coins in a cup My Ass I am taking a bucket.

Member ID
    CZCC-8308

DISCOUNT ! DISCOUNT ! not enough I would rather be younger . Coins in a cup My Ass I am taking a bucket.
    He'll take a bucket, but will he take his car?
    Bryan
    IZCC #14892

Member ID
    CZCC-3789

Sorry guys, work becons tonight...I have to do a desktop rebuild from scratch for somebody, scheduled at 7 pm and it pays good....please fill me in on what goes down--I was planning on a beer, so somebody drink one for me.
    HLS30 56895

Member ID
    CZCC-9969

thats too bad but we will let yo know how it goes. how many are driving thier Z's tonight? i will be in my blue 75 280, we shold park next to eachother if possable.
    Last edited by CRrider1988; 11-10-2005 at 12:03 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-1490

71 Gold 240 Z for me.

E

Member ID
    CZCC-9969

so how does everyone that attended the meet feel about it? i thought it was fun. we should do it again soon.

Member ID
    CZCC-1585

I had a good time as did Connie and our son Cameron. Its nice to
    meet with the people that you only know as a screen name. Next
    time if all goes well with my Z I will bring it.

Member ID
    CZCC-8308

I really appreciated meeting you folks. Nice little gathering. A repeat once in a while through the winter would be great, but in the spring, we'll have to cruise for dinner somewhere. Sorry you didn't make it Dave C. but work comes first. Hopefully Dr. Rich, and Phred will join you next time (and others, I hope). Gary took a couple of pics. and maybe Enrique. Perhaps we can send them to you. Maybe a bit much Z talk for the wives, but Gail had a good time none the less. Good people, nice cars. Thanks Mike, for the idea.
    Bryan
    IZCC #14892

Member ID
    CZCC-3789

Sorry I missed it; I saw the pictures....Beandip's 240 glows! Even in the dark...his resto sure came out great....

I would like to come to the next meet....
    HLS30 56895

Thread Information