Thread: Throttle linkage

Member ID
    CZCC-2692

Default Throttle linkage

I have a 1973 240z that had triple Webers on it, and I am replacing these with stock 3 screw SUs. The rod that goes from the firewall to the carbs is too short and it looks like the rod that I need would have to be somewhere near 12 inches long. I'm not sure what modifications the previous owner made to the linkage, but shouldn't a stock 1972 linkage rod be the right size? Or was the 1973 linkage setup on the firewall different than the 1972? In other words, do I need to just fabricate(weld in an extension) what I need from my present rod, or will the stock linkage rod from a 1972 be the right length? If the stock rod will work, does anyone have a spare one? Thanks, Victor.
    73 Z, 06 Honda civic

Member ID
    CZCC-1887

the '72 linkage will be fine . With 3 screw carbs , just be careful when you remove the domes from the carb body. Do not interchange them as they are specifcally fitted to each carb body at the factory . There is no adjustment for the nozzle like on a 4 screw , so the dome MUST align correctly so the main needle will align with the nozzle .
    I'd rather die while I am living than live while I am dieing. CZC 1887 IZCC 12602 Member of NorthWest Z Car Club

Member ID
    CZCC-2692

Default Throttle linkage

Thanks for the heads up. Victor
    73 Z, 06 Honda civic

Thread Information