Thread: Seat lumbar support

Member ID
    CZCC-20806

Default Seat lumbar support

For the seats with the turn knob lumbar support, originally did these come with the knobs by the center console or should the knob be seen as you enter the car. My mind is playing tricks on me.
    1971 240z, L28 with SUs.

Member ID
    CZCC-874

The knob should be on the inside, by the console.

Member ID
    CZCC-2148

Marty,

If you may be swaping the seats around, another related point of interest is, the fore/aft seat adjust lever at the bottom of the seat cushion should, also, be next to the center drive tunnel.
    I say this because, you may need to swap seat backs, and not the entire seats for correct installation.

Dan

Member ID
    CZCC-14147

If you really want some support get a set of Recaro's..........a world of difference!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Datsun seats 002.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	50031
    Last edited by Travel'n Man; 12-22-2011 at 08:24 PM.
    Life's a journey; enjoy the ride!

Mitchell
    L28 - N42 Block w/Flat tops - N42 Rebello Head & Cam - Triple 40 PHH Mikuni's - Headers - Recaro Seats -
    R180 3.9 Diff - Close Ratio 5 Speed - Toyota Vented Brake Upgrade w/ Porterfield High Performance Pads & Shoes

1972 Datsun 240z
    HLS30-75040

Member ID
    CZCC-844

You mean Recaros at $800 each? You can add some lumbar by doubling some jute up in the lumbar area.
    Bryan Pilati
    1971 Datsun 240Z (8/71; 920 paint)
    IZCC #583; TZCC #16; CZC #110
    I'm never serious unless I should be.

Member ID
    CZCC-8342

Aren't those knobs on the early seats for adjusting the rake of the seat back?

Mike
    '73 240Z, 80,000 original miles, F54, N42 massaged and shaved (10.5-1 comp.), stage 2 cam, ZX ignition, Header, 2 1/2" exhaust w/ magnaflow muffler, 5 spd (Maxima), 4:11 R180 (200SX), 15" Rota RBs 205-60/15 Bridgestone Grid 109s, KYB struts, stock springs, rubber bushings, MSA sway bars and strut bars, HotRod Air hvac system, '90 300ZX seats, upgraded sound system, BRE-type spook and spoiler

Member ID
    CZCC-20806

Yeah Mike, for the tilt so not exactly lumbar support as I called it. I was unaware of the word "rake" being used for that. Learned a new term today, thanks
    1971 240z, L28 with SUs.

Member ID
    CZCC-20299

I pulled a pair of Miata seats from a car at the boneyard for $40.00. Both the lumbar and lateral supports are great and they look like the were made for the car.

Member ID
    CZCC-834

Thought I would wish everyone a happy and safe new year and since I do not post too often I thought I would spread a bunch of end of year good news regarding Z car interior stuff.
    I can once again provide Butterscotch interior vinyl and leather and can again do complete interiors and we still have some of the matching vinyl dye/paint for the plastic panels as well. We are also going to start offering some Z car seat covers that look original but have full size pockets on the lower seat backs so you can have some simple storage options and we will do them on both seat backs so you or the passenger will be able to reach to opposite seat for maps or whatever you may wish to store. Also we are going to start offering some new touring seats that will be a set of modified stiffer foams similar to the Miata style seats with better bolsters and more support for those who like some spirited driving and we will produce some covers that will go with the new foam to make your original seats into something better for those driving enthuseists or those who just want more support but want to keep your Z cars stock seats. I may try to include an opening in the seat backs to fit a set of shoulder belts through the backs if you have a rollbar with a provision for seat belts. Also I am currently working on some seat covers for the Miata seats that duplicate as close as we can the 240Z style covers and these allow for the speakers as well as leather and we will have them sewn to look more like the 240 seats and install the vents as well. This all came about for a customers car we are doing for a repeat customer in Indianapolis who we did a roadster and now a series 1 Z car and being an audiophile who enjoys his driving experience we are doing a beautiful silver Z with the rare red interior using a serious audio system hidden away with Miata seats in red leather and way upgraded speaker systems and it should kick ass like his roadster does. BUTTERSCOTCH IS BACK if you were waiting. Thanks everyone and be safe and now to find other forums to update with other news of new products.
    Les
    Les Cannaday
    Classic Datsun Mtrspts
    345 Olive Ave
    Vista, CA 92083
    (760) 940-6365

Member ID
    CZCC-19146

Also we are going to start offering some new touring seats that will be a set of modified stiffer foams similar to the Miata style seats with better bolsters and more support for those who like some spirited driving and we will produce some covers that will go with the new foam to make your original seats into something better for those driving enthuseists or those who just want more support but want to keep your Z cars stock seats. I may try to include an opening in the seat backs to fit a set of shoulder belts through the backs if you have a rollbar with a provision for seat belts.
    That sounds awesome!
    2/74 260Z

Member ID
    CZCC-5413

Quote Originally Posted by CDM View Post
    . BUTTERSCOTCH IS BACK if you were waiting. Thanks everyone and be safe and now to find other forums to update with other news of new products.
    Les
    Les, I know someone who might be interested in the butterscotch. When do you think you might have pictures available? I'll be sure to steer my friend your way.

Edit: Of course, I could have taken a closer look at your website and found it myself.
    Last edited by SteveJ; 12-30-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    73 240Z
    74 260Z

Blue's collection of tech tips - A great place to look for answers
    XenonS30 -The cheap source for FSMs
    Georgia Z Club
    Fiddling with Z Cars - Z car tips & tricks and pictures of my car-loving life.
    Steve's CARtography - Just car pictures.

Member ID
    CZCC-14147

Quote Originally Posted by CDM View Post
    Also I am currently working on some seat covers for the Miata seats that duplicate as close as we can the 240Z style covers and these allow for the speakers as well as leather and we will have them sewn to look more like the 240 seats and install the vents as well.
    Let us know when this happens - it would be an interesting twist!
    Life's a journey; enjoy the ride!

Mitchell
    L28 - N42 Block w/Flat tops - N42 Rebello Head & Cam - Triple 40 PHH Mikuni's - Headers - Recaro Seats -
    R180 3.9 Diff - Close Ratio 5 Speed - Toyota Vented Brake Upgrade w/ Porterfield High Performance Pads & Shoes

1972 Datsun 240z
    HLS30-75040

Member ID
    CZCC-25044

I would LOVE to see a set of more aggressive replacement foam and matching upholstery. I'd be all over that in a second! Keep us posted.

Thread Information