Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reproduction S30 parts NLA.......

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Default Reproduction S30 parts NLA.......

Happy New Year, CZCC,

I hope that I am not about to open Pandora's Box with this thread, but here we go anyway

I'd like to get everyone's input/thoughts/recommendations on S30 parts that are no longer available that might generate sufficient demand to explore having them reproduced. As many of you know, I am currently doing restorative services (mostly chrome plating) through a facility in Southeast Asia. This month, my partner will be going overseas to begin an exploratory mission to source factories that may be able to reproduce parts at an affordable cost. Obviously, we won't be able to source prospects for the full spectrum of NLA parts, so we are most interested in those that are in high demand.

In the past month alone, I've read threads suggesting things such as fuel bowl floats for SU carbs, aluminum door sill plates, and bumpers, and gear shift knobs. I know that there are many more parts that are impossible to find that may be suitable for reproduction. My thinking is that, after getting your input/requests, then I can start a poll in order to prioritize pieces to be targeted for reproduction.

I appreciate everyones feedback here, and, once again, Happy New Year!

Mike R.

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

Bright metal surrounds for stock and gnose light covers.
    There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply.
    The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.

John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

ZCars in Eastern Canada seaport ready for shipment to Europe

http://ZSportCanada.com

Member ID
    CZCC-20633

Euro/JDM 240z tail lights. This one will fetch a lot of demand I feel because it attracts a lot of 240z owners and possibly 260z/280z who want to do the conversion. My original suggestion would have been the 240z series I fuse box cover, but that will only catch the attention of series I owners and is too year specific.

240z Door panels would be a nice one as well. If you could make it almost identical to the original, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in it especially if you could make it in different colors. I've been on the search for nice reproductions, but every time I find a set, they don't look like the original enough for me.

This suggestion might not be something you're looking to do, but if you could make a bolt and nut set that was nicely zinc'd and was EXACTLY the same as OEM spec for the whole car, I would be HIGHLY interested.
    Last edited by grretc; 01-01-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Those are all excellent suggestions, grretc. I had already considered attempting the reproduction of complete tail light assemblies for the 240z's. The Euro/Jdm could probably dovetail off of that, as I suspect the primary difference in the two would be the lenses.

As for door panels for 240z's.....I thought that they were already being reproduced. Maybe I'm thinking of the panel skins. One would think that it would much easier to reproduce the actual panels than it is to correctly repop the skins. Another good suggestion.

I'm always amazed that nobody has put together a complete nut/bolt set for the Z as of yet. Nothing is more frustrating than having to attach your new parts to your nicely painted body with old, tired, rusty hardware. That's another great suggestion.

Anyone else???

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Hey, Phil.......your suggestion sounds interesting too. Shouldn't require alot of engineering or expensive tooling to repop those. Might be difficult to find a useable example to use as a proto-type, though. (Unless you're volunteering one???)

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

Well there is a member on this site that makes the covers for the Gnose w/o the trim so it would be great to have the trim made for those.

I can send you some MSA clears that I have for stock buckets.
    There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Phil, sounds appetizing. Pardon my ignorance, but is there a difference between the G-nose covers and the ones that were used for the stock S30's? And, if so, I assume the trim pieces were different as well? Finally, were the trim pieces for either or both made of stainless steel or aluminum? Any help that you can provide would be appreciated. (I always liked the look of the headlight covers but decided to go stock with my restoration).

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-25833

I welcome this venture,;;;;;;;;;;;

Member ID
    CZCC-8151

Here's a few---

All the rubber gaskets for the air cleaner housing---one (2 total needed) for the inner at the air filter, and one between the housing halves.

Not sexy reproductions to make, but no one offers them, and nearly everyone needs them sooner or later when they repaint or powdercoat the air cleaner.

The rubber cushion for the clutch pedal standoff bracket near the floorboard.
    All the rod and ball linkages from the gas pedal to the carbs, as the supply of them in good condition is drying up.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Am loving these "low tech" suggestions! While they lack glamour, they are parts that eventually everyone could use......and should be very easy to reproduce without having to meet massive production commitments. Keep them coming, guys (and ladies).....

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

Quote Originally Posted by 9teen7t240z View Post
    Phil, sounds appetizing. Pardon my ignorance, but is there a difference between the G-nose covers and the ones that were used for the stock S30's? And, if so, I assume the trim pieces were different as well? Finally, were the trim pieces for either or both made of stainless steel or aluminum? Any help that you can provide would be appreciated. (I always liked the look of the headlight covers but decided to go stock with my restoration).

Mike
    Hi Mike,

Yes the GNose bucket is longer than the stock bucket so different trim.

I have never seen any in person. Stainless would be ideal but aluminum would be less expensive. SS should be easier to cut out of a sheet then bend into shape.

I think a design with a clever way to hold off-the-shelf covers and fasten to the bucket would be perfect.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

So since these headlight covers were originally an aftermarket item, I guess proper fit and appearance would be the objective? There would be no need to conform to original design? Also, am guessing that I'd need to find the respective covers, the frames, and the respective headlight buckets in order to give the engineers something to work with. Would you happen to have any close-up pics of the frames (trim), Phil?

Member ID
    CZCC-26512

Maybe the fusable link holder.
    You can get the covers, but the black plastic holder is no longer available. If fusable link spade terminals get corroded they get heat the terminal and melt part of the plastic (like mine).

The rubber insulators on the fuel/brake line under the car. I have not seen them in a long while.

Member ID
    CZCC-26512

I have made the JDM taillight lenses for my 280Z. When I pulled the lenses apart to do the LED mod I decided to try to make a lens. Now thinking about changing to 240Z taillights.
    After a lot of trying and improving I got the technique up to the quality I wanted. It was a long road getting there and almost the same cost as a set on ebay. Vacuum pump, heated pressure chamber for post curing and all the resins and dud moulds. I have not really thought about making more as yet.

Member ID
    CZCC-21059

Quote Originally Posted by grretc View Post
    My original suggestion would have been the 240z series I fuse box cover, but that will only catch the attention of series I owners and is too year specific.
    I agree with the series 1 fuse cover. Those are hard to come by, and even though they are year specific, they do cover roughly "half" of the years the 240z was produced. In fact I see more series 1 consoles for sale online, without the cover, than series 2 consoles. In fact reproducing the series 2 consoles would be great... I have problems finding one

Quote Originally Posted by Zup View Post
    All the rubber gaskets for the air cleaner housing---one (2 total needed) for the inner at the air filter, and one between the housing halves.
    Not sexy reproductions to make, but no one offers them, and nearly everyone needs them sooner or later when they repaint or powdercoat the air cleaner.
    That is exactly the reason why I have not had mine blasted to be repainted/powder coated! I can't find replacement rubber gaskets!

I also have a hard time finding the rubber strips for the door chrome belt moldings. I see the chrome strips at the junkyard, but all the rubber is dry and cracked, seems like a waste!
    Last edited by Decoy12; 01-02-2013 at 03:11 AM.
    -Michael

HLS30-58745

Member ID
    CZCC-21059

Double post sorry
    Last edited by Decoy12; 01-02-2013 at 03:09 AM.
    -Michael

HLS30-58745

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

Default Varoius Light Cover Trims

So since these headlight covers were originally an aftermarket item, I guess proper fit and appearance would be the objective? There would be no need to conform to original design? Also, am guessing that I'd need to find the respective covers, the frames, and the respective headlight buckets in order to give the engineers something to work with. Would you happen to have any close-up pics of the frames (trim), Phil?

Hi Mike,

Here are photos of stock Z, gnose Z and other light covers to give your engineers some ideas

STOCK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stock.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	59331

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	215.1 KB 
ID:	59328

Name:	c.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	59330

Name:	b.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	59329

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	59324

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	59326

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	59325

Name:	15.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	59327

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

Hi Mike,

Here are photos of gnose Z light covers to give your engineers some ideas

GNOSE

Name:	18.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	59334Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnose2.jpg 
Views:	1486 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	59345

Name:	14.jpg 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	59332

Name:	17.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	59333
    Last edited by Blue; 01-02-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

Hi Mike,

Here are photos of other light covers to give your engineers some ideas

OTHER

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	59335

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	59339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	59344

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	281.2 KB 
ID:	59341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	59337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	59343

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	59338Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	59340

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	205.3 KB 
ID:	59342

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	59336

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Eurodat.....thanks for the info. If you are already working on Euro lens reproductions for the S30's, and intend to make them available for purchase by the Z community, I'll scratch those from my list. The intent behind the thread is to find targets that nobody else is currently reproducing......I think that the market is too small to have multiple suppliers for most of the parts.

Mike......the series 1 fuse box cover/ashtray is a great recommendation, as I had to pay for a small fortune to buy a nice used one off ebay. And that was 8 years ago.....I might not find one at all today. Do you know whether anyone is currently reproducing the entire series 1 console assembly (console, choke plate cover, fuse box cover, etc.)? It seems to me that if you put a new fuse box cover onto an older console, years of fading on the old console could make for some undesirable contrast with the new component parts. Just thinking aloud.

Phil, thanks sooooo much for the photos This will make the project much easier to visualize.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.......please keep your thoughts coming!

Member ID
    CZCC-23586

How about threshold plates with the datsun lettering on it? Also the inner door window rollers, the supply seems to have completely dried up recently
    Early 1974 260z
    https://sites.google.com/a/thecomputerrehab.com/260z/

Member ID
    CZCC-26512

Hi Mike,
    Like I said, Im still in the research phase of things. I Still have some test lenses in a bucket with a uv lamp to check if its long term uv stable. My pressure chamber is coming along ok, just tweaking the temperature and pressure control.
    Originally its was my intention to produce one set, but to make extra lenses for others in the Z community wont be a problem. When the time comes, Ill start a post.

Looking at the headlight lens covers. Id be interested in a set. Always wanted them, but cant justify the $1200 plus for good condition and sometimes even slighlty damaged.

Chas

Member ID
    CZCC-8478

Mike,

Happy New Year to you!
    My vote would be a fuel filler tube for a 76 280Z.

Dave Ruiz
    76 280Z

Member ID
    CZCC-24191

Name:	DSCF0140.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	59353Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0159.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	59354Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0161.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	59355Turn signal switch - not the whole assembly (was $300 at MSA a few years ago, now $500) but the actual switch - in a little plastic cover at the back of the switch. This is the part that burns out from current going through it. See fried one in the photo.
    Also, rebuild kit for mechanical fuel pump, fuel tank....

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

So since these headlight covers were originally an aftermarket item......
    There were Nissan OEM Headlight Covers, and then there were After-market headlight covers. They are different. The pictures that Blue Posted are of the Nissan OEM type, or reproductions of the Nissan OEM type. I haven't seen anyone Post pictures of the After-market type. Last time I looked the After-market type were still available.

FWIW,
    Carl B.

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

Here is a great thread on the light cover trim: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/thread31601.html

Here is the chap who makes the GNose plastic cover w/o ss trim:

Hello, my name is Mark Clapp from Kansas City, Missouri USA. I'm an individual and have been making plexiglass parts like headlight covers and windows for over eight years now. I supply several replica manufacturers like Race Car Replicas and restoration shops that restore original GT40s and Jaguars. I recently started making the headlight covers for the 240/260/280Z G-nose cars. The plastic I use is shatter proof and will not crack so rocks/road debris are no problem. Also you do not need special drill bits as for acrylic; any old bit will cut fine with no cracking. I also include L-braces cut from the same crystal clear plastic to mount the covers with. From a distance, the L-braces disappear and the covers look like they are floating on the car. I'm asking $189/pair. Feel free to email me at: mclapp1(at)att(dot)net and I can send pictures of the covers. You can also call me anytime at: 816-286-6982 to talk about the covers.

Thanks,
    Mark Clapp

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

While reading the various posts, it seems that one or more of the members are either working on or already completed the headlight lens covers. I've also heard from one member who is working on the stainless steel trim pieces, for either the Gnose or the stock Z, or both. Consequently, I'm getting the impression that either the headlight lenses and trim pieces are available now, or will be soon. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I really don't want to "re-invent the wheel" if someone has already invested time and money into reproducing these parts.

Kurby's suggestion about window rollers might be a no-brainer. Especially, if these same rollers were used throughout the S30 line. Threshold plates have already been noted as a possible target. The suggestion from Stanley on turn signal switches could be viable......am wondering just how many different switches were used from 1970-1978? Does anyone know the answer to that one?

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

Hi Mike,

I am not aware of anyone making the ss surrounds thus my suggestion at the very top.

The clear plastic covers can be purchased from Motorsport Auto and Blackdragon (stock) and from Mark Clapp (for Gnose).

Ideally, if you made a surround that worked with those then it would be a win-win for all.

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

Put my vote in for the OEM 6mm machine screws with the hex/Phillips head. Using regular hex head screws looks spiffy (shiny) but also looks out-of-place on a car from the 70s. Other than that, complete wiring harnesses or every model of S30 would be the bees-knees. If possible, how about every piece of sheet metal from the nose to the tail, including the chassis, and even complete cars, sans-engine?
    Drive Responsibly.
    enjoy classic Rock music.

Crumudgeon
    Member ID
    CZCC-798

I suggest you contact Greg at Motorsports Auto in Orange, CA and ask him what NLA parts he gets the most calls for. MSA has by far the largest channel for Z related parts so supplying them would be critical to your business success.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

John, Good suggestion. I had already planned to contact a number of suppliers regarding their "want lists", but thought this might be a better forum since many Z enthusiasts have probably stopped requesting certain items as they have been NLA for so long. But, I'll be the OC later this afternoon and may as well drop by MSA while I'm there.

When I was restoring my Z, the front turn signal lenses and assemblies couldn't be found anywhere. Has some one since began reproducing these, or, are they still scarce as hen's teeth? Also, seems that front valances (all 3 pieces) were all but impossible to find.....especially at anything that resembled a good price. Does anyone know if these are currently being reproduced?

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Member ID
    CZCC-10665

John, Good suggestion. I had already planned to contact a number of suppliers regarding their "want lists", but thought this might be a better forum since many Z enthusiasts have probably stopped requesting certain items as they have been NLA for so long. But, I'll be the OC later this afternoon and may as well drop by MSA while I'm there.

When I was restoring my Z, the front turn signal lenses and assemblies couldn't be found anywhere. Has some one since began reproducing these, or, are they still scarce as hen's teeth? Also, seems that front valances (all 3 pieces) were all but impossible to find.....especially at anything that resembled a good price. Does anyone know if these are currently being reproduced?

Thanks again for everyone's input.
    I think Jay has a Japnese source for the front lenses. As for the front valance; are you looking to make it out of fiberglass or metal? I think Les has a source for the fiberglass version. Speaking of Les he would be a great source to ask what parts people are asking for that he cannot supply.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Montezuma,

I wish that you had posted your recommendation just a few hours earlier. I met with Les earlier today, but we were meeting on a different matter and we had little time to talk about reproduction targets. Having said that, I did mention an earlier post requesting gaskets/rubber replacements for the air cleaner assemblies, and...lo and behold....Les had a solution. He already has a nice fix that he uses on his air cleaner assemblies and even took the time to show me how it works. MUCH more practical than having these reproduced, as it is both cost-effective and has the looks and functionality of the original parts.

I'll have to go back through the thread to see whyo requested this, but I'd recommend that anyone who wants to replace their aging air cleaner box gaskets may want to give Les a call.

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-21096

Mike,

I haven't started dismantling my car yet so I'm sure there will be a lot of hard-to-find items I'll be searching for. It appears the Series I ash tray/cover is difficult to find in good shape and perhaps this would be a good candidate for reproduction. The '70 - '71 models had this style of ash tray, so again that's about half of the 240Z's.

Robert S.
    1971 240Z HLS30-21244

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Ehlers,

Seems that alot of members would like to see the fusebox cover/ashtray from the series 1 240 reproduced. Fortunately, I think that I still have a used one lying around that I may use as a demo for a proto-type. At this point in time, I'd say that this one piece that will definitely be included on the target list. Thanks for your input.

I learned today that the chrome plating facility that I use can actually reproduce the tail light finishers/ bezels for the 240z. (or so they claim......may be a friend of their friend's brother type of deal...lol). But, I am going to follow up on that prospect as well, even though reproducing the entire taillight assembly is also high on the prospect list.

Speaking of high, typing after 2 glasses of wine is a piece of cake.......too bad I've had three!!!

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-7238

could you pm me the cost to get front and rear bumpers rechromed?

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

az240z,

So far, bumpers are the only parts of a Z that I haven't quoted for chroming. My chrome plating is all done overseas, and I only ship by air. Unfortunately, with the bulk and weight of bumpers, the freight costs of shipping them seems to eat up much of the savings that would normally be realized by using my service. Having said that, I do have one set of bumpers that I am currently having replated as a "dry run" to determine actual costs of doing them, and will gladly keep you informed of the results when the job is finished. I'll send you a pm and will stay in touch with you.

Has anyone else come up with any NLA parts that they'd like to have reproduced? I hope to turn this thread into a poll within the next few days in an effort to whittle down the list.

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-24194

I would think the center console with all the appropriate covers (fuse panel, ash tray etc.). What about a dash replace skin with correct dash texture out of modern sun-resistant material. Agree, with all previous comments of suggestions. Clear light covers should be made from lexan not cheap plastic. Also light covers rings should be SS. I would also second the rubber seals for ths air cleaner. Being ignorant, who is Les? My apologies for the lack of knowledge.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Newton,

Thanks for the input. I agree that the trim rings for the light covers should be SS, as aluminum would be too hard to maintain it's luster and would be subject to more dents/dings from rocks, etc.

By Les, we were referring to Les Cannaday of Classic Datsun Motorsports.

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-26512

Mike.
    There is a company making SS bumpers for the 240z. I have spoke to them in the UK, but they dont make the Bumperettes and dont plan to. Bumperettes are hard to come by nowadays and there probably would be a market for that.
    Chas

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

In case it hasn't been mentioned:
    We need Heater Cores for the 240Z. A couple of us have looked everywhere here in the US - MSA seems to get one every once in a while, but they are ...$300.00 AIR. The supplier that used to supply them here for $69.00 - no longer makes them. The 260Z/280Z heater cores are larger and won't fit in the 240Z heater box.

FWIW,
    Carl B.

Member ID
    CZCC-18366

I could use the rubber seals for the air cleaner, tried stick on weather seal but that came loose.
    Looked at duplicating door rubber parts using rubber compounds that are dual part like epoxy. Saw on the net how to do make your own mold. eBay sells the dual part rubber or whatever it is called.
    Last edited by Mikes Z car; 01-05-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-14231

While reading the various posts, it seems that one or more of the members are either working on or already completed the headlight lens covers. I've also heard from one member who is working on the stainless steel trim pieces, for either the Gnose or the stock Z, or both. Consequently, I'm getting the impression that either the headlight lenses and trim pieces are available now, or will be soon. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I really don't want to "re-invent the wheel" if someone has already invested time and money into reproducing these parts.
    Mike
    I've been a member of this forum for a number of years and during that time, I've heard many members say they were in the process of replicating the headlight lenses and/or the SS trim. No one has. In the computer world, it's called "VaporWare". Good intentions and promises, but no product. I'd suggest that you go for it if your manufacturing connection is capable. I don't see it as stepping on anyone's toes.

Others have mentioned just making the SS headlight cover trim and using existing lenses from MSA or Black Dragon. That would be another dead end. The MSA & BD aftermarket lenses are made to fit within the shape of the headlight nacelle while the original clear covers with SS trim are larger and overlap the nacelle, fitting on top of it, and secured by the SS trim and attachment hardware.
    Dennis
    1971 240Z - Original Owner
    2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible

Supporting Member
    Member ID
    CZCC-12938

Quote Originally Posted by psdenno View Post
    I've been a member of this forum for a number of years and during that time, I've heard many members say they were in the process of replicating the headlight lenses and/or the SS trim. No one has. In the computer world, it's called "VaporWare". Good intentions and promises, but no product. I'd suggest that you go for it if your manufacturing connection is capable. I don't see it as stepping on anyone's toes.

Others have mentioned just making the SS headlight cover trim and using existing lenses from MSA or Black Dragon. That would be another dead end. The MSA & BD aftermarket lenses are made to fit within the shape of the headlight nacelle while the original clear covers with SS trim are larger and overlap the nacelle, fitting on top of it, and secured by the SS trim and attachment hardware.
    Dennis
    I agree with this but at what price point could this be accomplished and still be profitable? Sure, even used ones are selling for astronomical prices at present because of the "rarity" but after there are a thousand cars equipt with reproduction pieces they wont be so unique and demand will decrease along with the amount someone is willing to pay. It really is a limited market that is IMHO risky, considering the development costs involved. Stainless bezels have been plagued with splitting problems as well from I suspect overtightening. Thermalforming appropriate lenses seems easy enough but would have to be farmed out to someone who has the needed equipment. The limited Z market would most likely not justify the expense of molds and thermalforming as a singular venture.
    There is good reason nobody has continued to successfully reproduce these parts but having said that, I still hope someone actually does it.

Member ID
    CZCC-13827

How about the little chrome cap on the top of the arm rest in the 280's? It is plastic with chrome over it.
    Michael 11/75 - 76-280 - HLS30-281,114
    Web site -Click Here and ORIGINAL OWNERS OF THE 280Z (1975-1976 -1977 - 1978 - ONLY) REGISTRATION[

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beck View Post
    In case it hasn't been mentioned:
    We need Heater Cores for the 240Z. A couple of us have looked everywhere here in the US - MSA seems to get one every once in a while, but they are ...$300.00 AIR. The supplier that used to supply them here for $69.00 - no longer makes them. The 260Z/280Z heater cores are larger and won't fit in the 240Z heater box.

FWIW,
    Carl B.
    Carl,

Another great recommendation. That one should be relatively easy to duplicate and not too expensive to produce.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Quote Originally Posted by psdenno View Post

Dennis
    Dennis,

Thanks for the more detailed description. I have a contact in Rialto who owns an original Gnose.....I'll try to contact him this weekend to see if he wants to volunteer his "equipment" as a demo. (lol)

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Quote Originally Posted by mgood View Post
    How about the little chrome cap on the top of the arm rest in the 280's? It is plastic with chrome over it.
    Michael,

Unless and until existing cores dry up completely, having that piece re-plated is probably a more cost-effective solution. I am doing a handful of those pieces, from a 240z, for $6 or $7 each. If my memory is correct, the 280z piece is a bit bigger......so maybe they will go $8. ea., but there is no way that I could manufacture them, chrome them, ship them here, and sell them for $8. each.

Now, if they were as rare as the Gnose trim pieces.........

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-14231

Dennis,

Thanks for the more detailed description. I have a contact in Rialto who owns an original Gnose.....I'll try to contact him this weekend to see if he wants to volunteer his "equipment" as a demo. (lol)

Mike
    Mike,
    Just a thought to consider......Demand for the Gnose covers and SS trim is more limited than for the non Gnose Zs. Additionally, there may be problems with fitting the pieces as there have been a few Gnose suppliers in the aftermarket - some probably more true to the original Gnose dimensions than others. On the other hand, just about all headlight nacelles on the "standard" Zs are factory pieces, so cover & trim fit would be more universal for a much larger sales opportunity.

My guess is that many people who have the currently available aftermarket headlight covers that fit within the headlight nacelle would prefer to have the factory type that secure with SS trim if the price was right.
    Dennis
    Last edited by psdenno; 01-06-2013 at 11:18 AM.
    1971 240Z - Original Owner
    2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Dennis,

Thanks again for your input and thoughts. It seems to me that any SS trim ring that may be reproduced for either the standard or Gnose package would likely have fit issues with the various adaptations of lenses that are currently in use. Why someone would endeavor to reproduce lenses without a trim ring accompaniment that ensures proper fit and appearance is beyond me. To your point, the limited market for either would negate the feasability of trying to reproduce rings that might fit every type of lens currently being made. Accordingly, I think that I am going to concentrate my efforts on producing BOTH the rings and the lenses for the respective cars, following an OEM template.

Does that make sense to everyone........or to nobody? (lol)

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-26512

Does that make sense to everyone........or to nobody? (lol)

Mike
    Hi Mike, It makes sense to me, Id be interested in the standard Z nose covers. I have always wanted them, but have not dared to take the plunge on a 30year old set for 1000 bucks. All plastics deteriorate through UV and age. A repro set wouldnt have that problem.
    Chas

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

Quote Originally Posted by EuroDat View Post
    Hi Mike, It makes sense to me, Id be interested in the standard Z nose covers. I have always wanted them, but have not dared to take the plunge on a 30year old set for 1000 bucks. All plastics deteriorate through UV and age. A repro set wouldnt have that problem.
    Chas

I'm in!

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

Here is another idea that happens to be very simple in design (thus I assume easy to make in small quantities for low cost).

A properly shaped SU entry (bell mouth) to improve performance... not a less-performing air horn:

Here is all you can buy in North America:
    A Toss Ring DIY!!!

Datsun SU stacks could be made from aluminum or a resin:

Name:	5498501_f520.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	59535 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vs300600_5.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	59534

And of course, the results of testing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ram.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	498.3 KB 
ID:	59536  

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Phil,

I've never seen a set-up like that before......looks like it could be a performance enhancing part that could be made inexpensively. I just wonder what the demand level would be. Am also thinking that aluminum might be the better choice, for those that like to polish their carbs (like me, for example). Did you design those yourself, or is someone else making them?

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

Looks like the Stock Air Horn design on the air cleaner base - is very close to the same 5.2 vs 5.8. The only advantage I see is that you would have more room between the top of the horn and aftermarkt air cleaners. Dyno tests did show a loss of about 4 HP if the stock air cleaner base with air horms was removed.. You gain about 5 HP if the top of the air cleaner and air cleaner filter were removed.
    Interesting..
    Carl B.
    Last edited by Carl Beck; 01-07-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Carl,

I'm sure glad that you were able to interpret that performance data info. It was all Greek to me

Member ID
    CZCC-7641

Hi Mike,

The aluminum bell mouth photo is from a british site and for a british (non-hitachi) SU. The plastic USA drag racing substitute is made famous by a Z racer named "Norm The 12sec SU Dude"

With respect to the stock SU air horns, I think they are more like #3 in the table of shapes.

Here is the data from Norm's Testing:

"The airbox carb stacks are actually restrictive due to their not being fully radiused. I actually cut them out of my old airbox and tried them under the K&N filters but the car ran about .05 seconds slower than using nothing at all. When I installed these custom stub stacks I actually picked up about .05 seconds in the 1/8 mile."

These are usefull for high rpm & high hp applications.

Member ID
    CZCC-24191

Name:	DSCF0127.jpg 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	59647Don't know if this is helpful but I made a pair of velocity stacks from plastic plumbing parts from the hardware store. The white piece fits and matches carb opening.
    However, I never installed these - running MSA stacks in the K&N's that seem to add performance, especially at mid and high rpm, no data to back that up though.

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Hi Mike

With respect to the stock SU air horns, I think they are more like #3 in the table of shapes.
    I think you are correct - I had to go out the garage to look at them. They have less taper than I was thinking about - stamping the bell out of the mouth makes them look tappered.. they aren't.

K&N also offeres something like them.. see:
    http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/thread20972.html

FWIW,
    Carl B.

Member ID
    CZCC-8658

How about making a right side, side mirror for 280z. They never made one that matches the stock 280z mirror. I spent a lot of time trying to find a door skin. Ended up using another door from the wrecking yard. Roof skins.

Member ID
    CZCC-6856

9teen7t240z,
    Threshold plates have been mentioned, but could you change the lettering (in the same style) from Datsun to Nissan?
    RS30 June 1978 built 260Z (9th last)

1965 Nissan Silvia (CSP311) the next restoration

Member ID
    CZCC-7143

A fuel/air meter with the temperature sensor working would be nice. A repair kit to replace the "chrome" strip about 1/8" wide along the top inside door panel. When the old ones weather and separate, the plastic underneath is gray. Wheel caps for the 77-78 Z mag OEM optional wheel.

Member ID
    CZCC-2169

Ditto for what dhomuth said, or at least a new/better temperature sensor for the AFM. With all the technical advancements we now have, there should be a direct replacement for the ECU.
    Drive Responsibly.
    enjoy classic Rock music.

Member ID
    CZCC-27210

Would also love to see threshold plates....and heater core replacements
    '72 Z HLS30 75685/Prod. 4/72

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

Quote Originally Posted by RIP260Z View Post
    9teen7t240z,
    Threshold plates have been mentioned, but could you change the lettering (in the same style) from Datsun to Nissan?
    NO - NO - NO!! If they aren't original to the DATSUN 240Z - they wouldn't be any good for restorations. You might as well send the old set out to be Chromed.

If there is a large enough market - might be possible to stamp them both ways.. Is there a market?

FWIW,
    Carl B.

Member ID
    CZCC-16944

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post

Name:	DSCF0140.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	59353Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0159.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	59354Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0161.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	59355Turn signal switch - not the whole assembly (was $300 at MSA a few years ago, now $500) but the actual switch - in a little plastic cover at the back of the switch. This is the part that burns out from current going through it. See fried one in the photo.
    Also, rebuild kit for mechanical fuel pump, fuel tank....
    Many excellent suggestions, but I've got to second this one. If, perhaps I should say 'when' it goes your options, assuming your Z doesn't go up in flames, are: 1) to fork out $100 -- $200 for a used assembly probably in no better shape than your existing one; 2) shell out $500+ for a new one; 3) work out some ugly switch hack or; 4) never drive your Z at night, dusk, or here in California, in the rain, ever again.

Two related notes:

1) This is the switch that a headlight relay system prevents from burning out.

2) Datsun used the same assembly in pickups of roughly the same era. Or at least one pickup. The switch assembly looked nothing like that of my Z but underneath, exactly the same except fo the wires coming off the back in the opposite direction.

Chris

Member ID
    CZCC-2116

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beck
    NO - NO - NO!! If they aren't original to the DATSUN 240Z - they wouldn't be any good for restorations.
    Perhaps a reminder of the thread title and the following quote from the first post is in order:

I'd like to get everyone's input/thoughts/recommendations on S30 parts that are no longer available that might generate sufficient demand to explore having them reproduced.
    The S30 is not all about the "DATSUN 240Z", however loud you shout it....

Japanese market S30-series Z threshold plates ( 'PLATE - kicking, sill outer' ) had no lettering on them whatsoever, and they certainly qualify for this thread.

Member ID
    CZCC-23276

What about the Cam Oiler Tube,
    I know someone came up with a great design, but never got a definite response if he was willing to produce.
    This part seems easy enough to produce, and almost all 2400 motors have seen this fail.

Crumudgeon
    Member ID
    CZCC-798

[QUOTE] What about the Cam Oiler Tube, I know someone came up with a great design, but never got a definite response if he was willing to produce. [/QUOTE}

Larry Hassler has been producing and selling a few dozen of these for the last couple years. Contact information is over on Hybridz.

This part seems easy enough to produce, and almost all 2400 motors have seen this fail.
    Almost all? Maybe 5% max. I've had probably a dozen 2.4L engines and not one has ever had the spray bar fail and most were used on a race track.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Hi, Everyone,

Seems that I've been AWOL from the thread for the past few days due to my work and travel schedule. While I havent had the time to reply to each recommendation, please be aware that I'm taking notes and researching your recommendations just as fast as I can. Also, as an update, one of the members has advised me that some of the items being suggested are already available from one or more sources that I was not aware of. Accordingly, I'll be contacting them early this coming week to confirm current availability of those respective parts and will try to update the thread with that information as soon as it is confirmed.

In the meantime, keep your recommendations coming......I still have lots of paper on my notepad

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-24175

Was the series 1 ashtray already mentioned?
    Tweety Bird: 1970 Sunshine Yellow 240z #3177
    • 2.84L stroker L24 producing 260 HP
    • FS5W71C "close-ratio" 5-speed transmission
    • R200 Gleason ATB 3.90 rear end

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Was the series 1 ashtray already mentioned?
    Yes, the series 1 ashtray/fusebox cover has been mentioned already. This part would seem to be a no-brainer to reproduce, given the enormous asking prices for used ones in half-way decent condition. However, I wonder if it might be more prudent to reproduce the entire floor console for the series 1 with all of the appropriate attachments in order to have a completely matching set to OEM specs? (Exact color matching a new ashtray cover to a 40+ year old console could pose quite a challenge)

Member ID
    CZCC-3609

I'm not sure what an "ashtray/fusebox cover" is. or what is meant by that. So just to be clear...The Series I cars have an ashtray and a cover on the top of the fusebox. Both in good condition are getting hard to come by.

FWIW,
    Carl B.

Member ID
    CZCC-21096

Mike,

That's a good point regarding reproduction ash trays. Since I need a replacement ash tray, I figured I'd have to respray the console and ash tray to bring the color back anyway. This step of the restoration is years down the road, so maybe by then we'll have some new reproductions!

Robert S.
    1971 240Z HLS30-21244

Member ID
    CZCC-21059

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beck View Post
    I'm not sure what an "ashtray/fusebox cover" is. or what is meant by that. So just to be clear...The Series I cars have an ashtray and a cover on the top of the fusebox. Both in good condition are getting hard to come by.

FWIW,
    Carl B.
    Attachment 59753

This is what is meant... its an ashtray on a cover that says "fuse". What would be the official name, as to avoid confusion? Also there are 2 styles of lids, as illustrated by the picture borrowed from Jay's site.
    Last edited by Decoy12; 01-12-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    -Michael

HLS30-58745

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Default Update

I want to thank everyone for your recommendations and input into this thread. While I continue to attempt to determine the current availability status of many of the items requested, it does seem that I'm slowly beginning to narrow the field. The biggest problem is that "availability" seems to be extremely dynamic.....parts which many advertise as being available are not currently "in stock", and parts that have long been considered as extinct are either being made by a less visible vendor or are "projects under development" by someone. What a quagmire!

Anyway.......the narrowed list, at present, looks like this:

1. Stainless steel surrounds for gnose and stock headlight covers, with the associated headlight covers to ensure proper fit and design
    2. Euro/JDM tail light assemblies and lenses for 240z
    3. Series 1 consoles with all attachments (ashtrays, choke plates, coin box, etc.)
    4. Series 2 240z consoles (ditto above)
    5. Threshold plates
    6. Turn signal switch
    7. heater cores for 240z
    8. engine bay lights (seems that is a recent NLA piece)
    9. rod and ball linkages for throttle assembly

I realize that there were other requests, and they will not be ignored. However, I can only attempt a few of these projects at a time as I do have a business to run (). If anyone would like to volunteer any "cores" for this effort....please let me know. Thanks again for your ideas.

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-26512

Hi Mike,

I just ordered the engine bay inspection light. Its available in the Nissan dealers in NL but under another nr. 26740-10W00

Chas

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Hello, Chas,

Thanks for the update on that part. Will scratch from list.

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-6856

9teen7t240z,

NO - NO - NO!! If they aren't original to the DATSUN 240Z - they wouldn't be any good for restorations. You might as well send the old set out to be Chromed.

If there is a large enough market - might be possible to stamp them both ways.. Is there a market?

FWIW,
    Carl B.
    There is a market from my point of view.... I only asked if 9teen would consider it, and if so, what would the "production run" be? All it is is changing a few letters... Did I mention anything about Datsun 240z?

If you don't ask....

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Hi, Rip,

While I'm getting quotes/bids for the Datsun threshold plate, I'll be happy to inquire about the same for replacing the name to Nissan. Is your threshold plate identical in design and dimensions with the exception of the name?

Mike

It's awesome bartsscooterservice's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-28929

Hello Mike,

Why don'y you try China ( or India ) ?, they are very good in copying parts and cheap labour costs.

gr bart
    HLS30 32581, 5/71 Matching numbers

Jay Leno : You know one week after the Americans have walked on the moon, the Japanese introduced this sports car, and…if you’re a car guy pretty equal. I mean walking on the moon was pretty good, but how many times you’d gonna walk on the moon? But here was an affordable sports car that had real performance and looked like it cost a lot more than it did.

It's awesome bartsscooterservice's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-28929

Hello Mike,

Why don'y you try China ( or India ) ?, they are very good in copying parts and cheap labour costs.

gr bart
    HLS30 32581, 5/71 Matching numbers

Jay Leno : You know one week after the Americans have walked on the moon, the Japanese introduced this sports car, and…if you’re a car guy pretty equal. I mean walking on the moon was pretty good, but how many times you’d gonna walk on the moon? But here was an affordable sports car that had real performance and looked like it cost a lot more than it did.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Quote Originally Posted by bartsscooterservice View Post
    Hello Mike,

gr bart
    Bart,

I am currently doing business in Southeast Asia and that is where I'll be sourcing bids/quotes for all of the reproduction parts. I don't think anyone here in the States could or would consider such limited production runs at anything that resembles an affordable price. Frankly, I may not be able to accomplish the goal in Asia either, but I believe that this strategy will give me the best opportunity for success. Thanks for your input.

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-6856

Cheers Mike, I will dig out my tatty ones to measure.... attached is an image taken from a Yahoo auction.... Thinking about it, only the "i" would need "making", as the other letters for Nissan are in Datsun. Thanks for considering my slightly off piste request.

Ta
    Ian

Name:	Silvia kick plates.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	60243  

Member ID
    CZCC-28948

Putting in my vote for fusible link blocks as well. Might be a bit tougher due to the labor involved in the potting, but I think there's a market for them.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Cheers Mike, I will dig out my tatty ones to measure.... attached is an image taken from a Yahoo auction.... Thinking about it, only the "i" would need "making", as the other letters for Nissan are in Datsun. Thanks for considering my slightly off piste request.

Ta
    Ian
    No worries, Ian. Anyway, better to be "slightly off piste", than to be "slightly piste off" (.....little Yankee levity there)

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Quote Originally Posted by SemiEvolved View Post
    Putting in my vote for fusible link blocks as well. Might be a bit tougher due to the labor involved in the potting, but I think there's a market for them.
    Semi,

Am not quite certain as to what is meant by a fusible link block. Do you have a picture or more detailed description of what the part is? Also, would such a part have numerous adaptations that would be year or model specific, or is this something that is common to most Zs?

Thanks,

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-24191

Another low-tech item that might be profitable (or not) to reproduce would be the center caps for those Appliance mag wheels. The old mags look cool and very retro shined up with new "A" caps, see the thread from a couple of days ago. Saw a couple threads about scrounging around to find the caps. Maybe the market wouldn't be limited to Datsuns.

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Name:	mb8.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	60306Hi, Stanley,

Thanks again for the post. I suspect that there will come a time that reproducing mag wheel center caps for the various versions of mag wheels used by Datsun dealerships for the Z cars will make alot of sense. But, I'm not quite sure that that time has already come. There are purveyors of center caps and wheels, such as AKH Wheels, that always seem to have a fairly generous inventory of both wheels and center caps for those vintage mag wheel manufacturers. Additionally, I would expect that there is considerable inventory amongst Z car owners of abused center caps that could be restored to new condition for less than the cost of reproducing them to new specs . I could certainly be wrong, but I suspect that restoring existing pieces currently in the marketplace might be a more economical alternative to reproducing the various styles, at least at this juncture.

To illustrate my point, I have a service where we provide chrome plating for pieces just like (and including) the center caps for mag wheels. I can restore a set of 4 center caps to "like new condition" (sans the stick-on labels, if applicable), for around $25.00 a piece. Knowing what it costs to re-plate plastic, I can't conceive of any way that one could reproduce the set of center caps, have them chrome plated, and offer them for sale for even twice that price, per unit. So, it would seem to me that the best strategy would be to restore existing inventories of center caps, before attempting to remanufacture new ones. (I am attaching a sample of what I described below).

Like I said.....I could be wrong. I just think that you have a great idea that may be just a little ahead of it's time.

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-28948

Here's a picture of the fusible link. There are two per car (present on the 77-78 280z, not sure about earlier models). The mounting tabs break easily and often. As I said, this may be more difficult to reproduce than other molded or stamped parts.

Name:	fusible.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	60312

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Thanks for the pic and description, Semi. Does anyone else know whether this part was used for more years of the S30 run than the 77-78280z?

Member ID
    CZCC-20446

Banzai Motorworks has fusible links for 70-73 z's, but they're quite different. Pics:
    Banzai Motorworks

Member ID
    CZCC-20446

Banzai Motorworks has fusible links for 70-73 z's, but they're quite different. Pics:
    Banzai Motorworks

Member ID
    CZCC-5413

Thanks for the pic and description, Semi. Does anyone else know whether this part was used for more years of the S30 run than the 77-78280z?
    There was one set of fusible links (2 fusible links/set) in the 74 260Z and two sets in the 75-78 280Z. The cover is the same part number for all years, so I would think the body is the same. You'll probably need a lot more detail than the one picture, though.
    73 240Z
    74 260Z

Blue's collection of tech tips - A great place to look for answers
    XenonS30 -The cheap source for FSMs
    Georgia Z Club
    Fiddling with Z Cars - Z car tips & tricks and pictures of my car-loving life.
    Steve's CARtography - Just car pictures.

Member ID
    CZCC-28948

Looking at pics of 240z engines online, I see no similar fusible links in the same location. I assume they were used on 77-78 EFI engines only, or they are mounted somewhere else? Probably doesn't make sense to reproduce them.

Edit: SteveJ seems to know more than I. ^^
    Last edited by SemiEvolved; 01-23-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-26512

Quote Originally Posted by SemiEvolved View Post
    Looking at pics of 240z engines online, I see no similar fusible links in the same location. I assume they were used on 77-78 EFI engines only, or they are mounted somewhere else? Probably doesn't make sense to reproduce them.
    I think they where on the 280z from 8/76, but Im not 100% sure of that. Banzai make the fusable links and covers. No one makes the base.
    Mine was completly melted and crumbled in my hand from old age and heat. I found a used one. Its also melted on one fusable link, but still servicable. The second block is in good condition.
    If the fusable link terminals develope resistance, they will get very hot and melt the base without blowing the link.
    Chas

Banzai website with links and cover.
    Banzai Motorworks
    Last edited by EuroDat; 01-23-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: My base is melted

Member ID
    CZCC-24403

Thanks for the info, Iron, Steve, and Chas. I'll check with one of my mechanic friends to see if he has any bases laying around that I work with.

Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-13827

Here is a picture of mine 11/75 for a 76Z. Mine are located on the passenger side.

Name:	06.02.07 - 008.jpg 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	60354
    Michael 11/75 - 76-280 - HLS30-281,114
    Web site -Click Here and ORIGINAL OWNERS OF THE 280Z (1975-1976 -1977 - 1978 - ONLY) REGISTRATION[

Member ID
    CZCC-24191

My 73 (9/72) has one fusible link at the starter. Replaced with one from Autozone for a couple dollars when it blew out (forgot to disconnect the battery when tightening the starter connection). If it has any others I don't know about them.

Member ID
    CZCC-3193

Hello Mike,

I think quite good number of early S30 owners want the plastic clip for the earliest inspection lid 10/69 to mid 70.
    I have got some repro from my friend but I wish I could have exact same material like an original, cleam-clear (bit see through) .

Also I think some of us want plastic seat bottom side cover (bolster) for early cars.

kats

I want to thank everyone for your recommendations and input into this thread. While I continue to attempt to determine the current availability status of many of the items requested, it does seem that I'm slowly beginning to narrow the field. The biggest problem is that "availability" seems to be extremely dynamic.....parts which many advertise as being available are not currently "in stock", and parts that have long been considered as extinct are either being made by a less visible vendor or are "projects under development" by someone. What a quagmire!

Anyway.......the narrowed list, at present, looks like this:

1. Stainless steel surrounds for gnose and stock headlight covers, with the associated headlight covers to ensure proper fit and design
    2. Euro/JDM tail light assemblies and lenses for 240z
    3. Series 1 consoles with all attachments (ashtrays, choke plates, coin box, etc.)
    4. Series 2 240z consoles (ditto above)
    5. Threshold plates
    6. Turn signal switch
    7. heater cores for 240z
    8. engine bay lights (seems that is a recent NLA piece)
    9. rod and ball linkages for throttle assembly

I realize that there were other requests, and they will not be ignored. However, I can only attempt a few of these projects at a time as I do have a business to run (). If anyone would like to volunteer any "cores" for this effort....please let me know. Thanks again for your ideas.

Mike

Name:	ps30-00088 190.jpg 
Size:	472.1 KB 
ID:	60680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	earliestcrip1.jpg 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	60681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zloverun018.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	60682  
    Katsuhiko Endo
    1970 DATSUN 240Z
    HLS30-02156 (03/70)
    L24-005562

1970 FAIRLADY Z432
    PS30-00088 (01/70)
    S20-000884

1972 DATSUN 240Z