Thread: Getting ready to install CV axles in R200/'71Z

Member ID
    CZCC-7760

Default Getting ready to install CV axles in R200/'71Z

I have my car on the rotisserie. I have it upside down and all of the rear supspension is on. The R200 is also bolted in the car. I have shortened the outer drive flanges 3/4" each. I now have an additional 1 1/2" of travel over the stock ZXT set-up. What is the best way to install these axles? I can take the shock tower out of widen the space until the axles are bolted in. I can then insert the towers back into the 3-holes and the rear supension is done, correct? Or, is there a better way to put these axles in. I await your responses.
    Z Saint, the vintage racer! I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Member ID
    CZCC-5183
    75 280Z 355 SBC with a Weiand 144 Pro Charger, 195 AFR heads, R-230 Diff Conv.!!!

Member ID
    CZCC-7760

I looked at this page and I have this info on file. (That is why I shortened the outer flanges) I was just looking for an easy way to put these CV axles in the car. I guess I will just go out and do it.
    Z Saint, the vintage racer! I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Thread Information