Thread: Check THIS out! S20 engine in So.Carolina...

Member ID
    CZCC-1574

Default Check THIS out! S20 engine in So.Carolina...

I personnally do tend to agree with the view that this is trespassing and theft - a complete lack of respect for other people's property... but oh well it's not my place to judge him.

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39950

Member ID
    CZCC-1499

Shame no one met him in the driveway toting a 12 gauge.... That would might wake his stupid butt up...
    Hmm, wonder what he'd do if someone on that board got PO'd and called the cops on him?

Hey Rice Boy, if you are going to be a thief, don't brag about it! Like the boy that was bragging about running the crap out of someone's car on another board not long ago eh?
    "If it weren't for fools, the rest of us could not succeed." Mark Twain.

Member ID
    CZCC-1243

i want that engine

What happens to goods if the cops recover them? Will they just chuck them back into the shed or ... what?

Member ID
    CZCC-4148

If the guy gets busted, the property will return to the owner. If the property is not collected by an identifiable owner (deceased or abandoned), the stuff will sell at a police auction. There is a good chance the guy died and the estate has no idea the stuff exists. Or there is no estate as there was no will and no apparent heirs. Someone willing to do a little research has enough to go by from the web conversation. A search through the property records could turn up a rightful owner!

I gotta laugh - It might be worth it just to bust the kid and get the stuff! Then, I'm tempted to make a smart-ass remark about SC!

Another appropriate comment - Ebay is possibly the easiest way to fence stolen property.
    Enjoy the Ride
    HLS30-00026
    HLS30-00027
    http://home.earthlink.net/~cwenzel/index.html
    Go Gators
    Go Butler Bulldogs

Member ID
    CZCC-1278

Somebody sould alert the cops in the state that this guy is from incase there has been a report of stolen property.

How would you feel if it was your shed this guy raided. Fair enough if the truck belongs to his deceased granpa, he might have the right to take it back, but the other stuff might actually belong to someone.
    www.nostalgictrio.com Skyline - Silvia - Fairlady Z
    www.ozdat.com The Australian Datsun site.
    www.cafepress.com/vintagedatsun

Instant Human, ADD Coffee Z Kid's Avatar
    Member ID
    CZCC-2623

I already tried to email the cops for that area from their local site, but it bounced back, maybe someone closer wants to give it a shot?

I have had my shed done over, parts taken off my car, tools stolen and manuals, gone, and boy the person who did it better hope I never find out where they live.
    I can only please one person per day,
    Today is Not your day,
    And tomorrow is not looking good either.

Member ID
    CZCC-1469

Default PLEASE

Please oh please let me find a crackhead like that going into my shop. I dont think I would call the cops. They would be asking for the cops but they wouldnt get um
    I reside in Oklahoma and live at the wheel of my 240Z

gimmie the Z or he's toast

Member ID
    CZCC-1316

Default S20 Engine I wish.

Well there's 2 ways to look at it really isn't there?
    In one way the engine was doing nothing sitting there and at least now someone will actually put it to good use.
    On the other hand it's not nice to just take it, at the very least he should have asked if he could buy the engine off the owner.

I must admit though it would be tempting as i'm sure alot of us know sometimes if you ask someone to sell it they say no, it's not like they are using it but they just don't wanna sell it.

At the end of the day I'm not gonna fuss over it I am a bit jealous cause I would love that engine . If it shows up for sale it's a small Z world and no doubt someone here will see it.

Anyway interesting conversation I wonder if he'll give himself away a little more .

Just by looking up his posts you could find out a whole lot about him like Phone number, location , where he shops etc... you can narrow him down a bit then there's photo's of cars etc... taken at his house street signs be right back .

Member ID
    CZCC-1469

Question 2 ways

Well there's 2 ways to look at it really isn't there?
    Ummm, Yes one way is he has stolen these things. The other is well stolen
    I reside in Oklahoma and live at the wheel of my 240Z

gimmie the Z or he's toast

Member ID
    CZCC-1316

well I guess if he's not using it for himself then he only really stole it to make money and therefore that would me worse IMHO than it would be if he took it with the idea of using it in his own car like a 240z or C10.

I guess part of me would be tempted to do what he did if I found the same thing and part of me knows it's wrong and for the record I most likely wouldn't take it instead I'd try contact the owner and ask to buy it.

Member ID
    CZCC-1243

Part of me would faint, the other part would piss my pants.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it.

Member ID
    CZCC-3002

I would be tempted, and might even take the stuff, but i wouldnt blurt it out on a world-wide forum.... idiot.....

For his stupidity he should be dobbed on....
    Life is too short not to own a zed...

1973 240Z - HL30 103488

Member ID
    CZCC-4148

Default Clarke County Police

I tried contacting the Clarke County Police Department via e-mail with no luck. I'm not inclined, but there is a crime stopper reward program of $1000 for information. I tend to agree with you guys who have hard feelings about someone breaking into your shops. I have had plenty of things stolen. This web site lists a phone number and such

http://www.accpd.org/contact/contact.html

Like I said earlier, a little private detective work might reap some good rewards.
    Enjoy the Ride
    HLS30-00026
    HLS30-00027
    http://home.earthlink.net/~cwenzel/index.html
    Go Gators
    Go Butler Bulldogs

Member ID
    CZCC-1316

What get's me is that some Nissan nut is probably gonna be missing that engine and had it in storage for a reason.

Member ID
    CZCC-4

Guys, don't use this site to send information about somebody else. I deleted the post with his contact information.
    Mike

Member ID
    CZCC-3312

That's pretty low, I would probably just have waited until I could contact whoever had authority over the property now and made an offer on the 'piles of rusting junk' in their barn.

Sure they might say no, but that's life. It's just an engine, despite the historical appeal and all around coolness, I don't think I could sleep at night after quite possibly robbing someone else.
    -Andrew

03/72 240Z HLS30-70xxx - R.I.P. 2011/01/04

Member ID
    CZCC-2108

He went about this the wrong way. It is more than likely that the gear has been sitting there for 10 years and he could have made the present owner a minor cash offer and get to take everything at his leisure.

In fact it is probably not too late to try and contact the owner, I would advise the kid to do that rather than set the cops on him straight away.

Thread Information